Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Originally Posted by cheesecake
hey i have a set of the super big bores for sale they come with the silver and the white springs pm me if interested
ygpm Eli!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ygpm back
Old 04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Bigkev and Genius, thanks for the info!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Torsen Diffs

For those of you who want a bit of info on using OFNA Torsen diffs.
I have been racing at one of my local clubs and the track surface is quite smooth, hard packed and gets slippery when it dries out. I tried diff settings (front to rear) Torsen/7000/3000 and my x1xcr buggy had a lot of off-power turning, good on-power steering but this made the rear end very loose and was very inconsistent at jumping unless you hit the jump face square.
Played with many diff settings and then tried Torsen/Torsen/5000 and what a huge difference this made. Still got the good off-power steering, lost a little on-power steering, but the buggy now hooks up out of fast flowing corners without the rear end getting loose and is very consistent on all jumps and stutters.
If you can get you hands on Torsens diffs for a test, give them a go. I know the USA tracks are different to our Australian tracks but they work well on slippery hard packed surfaced tracks. Added some photo’s of the tack surface.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-1.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-2.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-3.jpg  
Old 04-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been looking at torsen diffs too, only because you can adjust them quickly to get a different affect. CHanging oil takes a while at the track when you could be practicing.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

is it a common problem for the servo nut threads to become stripped. the new black spring seems way to stiff?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have searched for 3hrs and cant find a manual or nothing on the X1X-CR. What hop up parts come with it. I hear talk of Gen 1-3. Do they come with the lightened drive cups, alum cross diff pins, sprial gears, and the new style battery box?? Were is the best place to buy one???
Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
I have searched for 3hrs and cant find a manual or nothing on the X1X-CR. What hop up parts come with it. I hear talk of Gen 1-3. Do they come with the lightened drive cups, alum cross diff pins, sprial gears, and the new style battery box?? Were is the best place to buy one???
amainhobbies.com
carolinasrc.com
nitrohouse.com

Try one of these places.......great prices and they stock alot of the parts.
carolinasrc has a link for the manual download.

Good luck.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, just seeing if anyone is using the new hard anodized aluminium (aluminum US) front "C" hub for the X1CR Buggy as of yet. Just wondering if any of the pro guys in the USA are running them yet. They say the caster angle has been increased from 15 to 17 degrees on the block and coupled with the 7 degree kick-up it gives a 24 degrees for more on-power steering on rough tracks. Added a link to a local area hobby shop in my state of Australia who stock them, just trying to see if it is worth while buying and trying.
Hong Nor Part # X1S-53

The Australian buggy nationals have just been run and Hong Nor driver Zac Ryan running the X1XCR buggy finished second, with Mugen first and Losi 3rd.

Link: http://ultrahobbies.com.au/store/pro...cat=444&page=2
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

The car is great, maybe not the fastes at the track but VERY reliable and forgiving.

With the X1X you will not need to buy any modification, just a good pair of hands if available for sale!!!!

practice practice practice and dont waste money on modified parts just on fuel, tyres and engines to keep practice alive.

Have FUN!!!! and practice
Old 05-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ALG
The car is great, maybe not the fastes at the track but VERY reliable and forgiving.

With the X1X you will not need to buy any modification, just a good pair of hands if available for sale!!!!

practice practice practice and dont waste money on modified parts just on fuel, tyres and engines to keep practice alive.

Have FUN!!!! and practice
I agree 100%: practice is the best hop-up part you can add to your buggy!!

DR Z
Old 05-13-2008, 04:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

X1X-CR I thought was a big let down, Ofna needs to make a Pro kit with all the hop ups. I would rather see a kit without tires and wheels and include the team lightened chassis, lightened out drives, one piece engine mount, alum. rear hubs, and the new center diff mounts that apply pressure to the center of the brake shoe than the side of the shoe. After buying the kit and seeing what was in it, I had to spend another 200 bucks to get just a few hop ups, still need some more, and now I have tire and wheels, chassis, outdrives, yellow wing, etc. new that I have no use for.
Mugen sure has the racers in mind when they put a kit together and call it a Pro kit. To bad they dont handle like a Jammin.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
X1X-CR I thought was a big let down, Ofna needs to make a Pro kit with all the hop ups. I would rather see a kit without tires and wheels and include the team lightened chassis, lightened out drives, one piece engine mount, alum. rear hubs, and the new center diff mounts that apply pressure to the center of the brake shoe than the side of the shoe. After buying the kit and seeing what was in it, I had to spend another 200 bucks to get just a few hop ups, still need some more, and now I have tire and wheels, chassis, outdrives, yellow wing, etc. new that I have no use for.
Mugen sure has the racers in mind when they put a kit together and call it a Pro kit. To bad they dont handle like a Jammin.
Can you tell me why you need all that lighten stuff?? Most all off road engines sold now have more power than a car track or driver can handle so why would you need all the lighten drive line stuff it just wear out that much quicker. As for a lighten chassis don't understand that either why would you lighten the item of the car that sits the lowest of any thing. The car is already fairly light to begin with. And again most motors supply more than enough power.

The only viable option you said would be the rear alminum up rights and center diff mount. The rest is crap for poeple like you that think that you need it to go fast but it doesn't make you any faster.

Whats the price difference between the Mugen and the Jammin that makes a bit of a difference and what does it matter if the Jammin handles better.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey JPMSRAcing, read what Dr. Z said just before you.
practice is the best hop-up part you can add to your buggy!!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what about the new truggy?
Mine very old already... im about to order the new one. the previous one still perform no doubt about it.. but i also hoping the new modified one performs even better. Jammin all the way!!!

and Hi Mac? How r u?
Miss the savage time..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.