Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
Frost99999 welcome come on in and make yourself comfy....
Thanks man, I really appreciate all of your help as well as the welcome

*grabs an unoccupied bean bag chair and gets comfy*

Old 08-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frost99999
Thanks man, I really appreciate all of your help as well as the welcome
so i see you took alil of my advice and ended up with a jammin....GOOD CALL!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Hey guys, just wanted to say hey. I scored my first nitro car ever, a x1 CR FTE roller from pwnzor

Ill be lurking in this thread quite a bit, and occasionally posting, so I figured I would introduce myself

Anyone here from FL?
its a good car bro, im sure you will be very pleased
Old 08-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Any suggestions for decent priced servos?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Futaba Digital S9351, best servo ever. Makes my truggy dance and is perfect for my buggy too.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panther
That would be like putting a 12.5 clutch bell on the car?

Panther, is there some way you figured that out or are you just guessing? I was just wondering if there was some kinda gear chart somewhere?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Futaba all the way. You will spend less money on them in the long run. And have a smaller headache.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

well. one lsh has OS P3s but at 12.00 each i said FUGG THAT!.
i picked up a few Dynamite P7 mediums. looks like my plugs for the Jammin JPX .21 will be coming from online stores.

i told the lhs owner i can guy the same plug directly from Tower at 8.00 each. he said buy from tower, cuz hes not knocking 4.00 a plug off. so they can sit in his box behind the counter for all i care.

the P7 Dynamite is a Medium plug. seems to be working Great. burnt 2 tanks out with only one flameout, and it was as i was first starting and the motor was dead cold still.

im a JR servo guy myself. i finally had one of my JRs die on my, the Z9000T. was doing brake/thrtl duty on my Baja 5B, and welded itself together. luckily i was at idle when it did it so no run away. JR is shipping a new servo out this week or next.

i have 4 or 5 hitec 645s, 2 are needing repair and 2 are working. my Futaba servos are so far so good too. so for servos i say Futaba/Jr or Multiplex! ( yes they are owned by Hitec, but Multiplex servos ROCK!)

Man i m liking the Jammin more and more.
neighbor just bought an 8ight rtr yesterday. with the Mach 427 its a fast buggy, but i deffinatly find im planted better. his 8 likes to tip n roll, where my Jammin takes the lean and runs with it. but he is still fully set up stock yet.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

neighbor just bought an 8ight rtr yesterday. with the Mach 427 its a fast buggy, but i deffinatly find im planted better. his 8 likes to tip n roll, where my Jammin takes the lean and runs with it. but he is still fully set up stock yet.
ya, those 8ights are fast as hell, but the box stock suspension setup is way too plus for any kind of serious track racing. my buddy has one too and it's more supple than the shocks on my savage!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prphze
Panther, is there some way you figured that out or are you just guessing? I was just wondering if there was some kinda gear chart somewhere?
A very smart person within the industry told me that a 46 tooth would be in between the 12 and 13 tooth clutch bell. I've always been under the impression that the lower you go on the spur, the more top end you receive. If you think about it, there is less teeth on the spur and that equals to the spur having less revolutions. Less revolutions means more top end and less bottom.

Last edited by Panther; 08-07-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

I run strictly the JR 8800 series of servos. The current ones I own have just about a year of time on them and are still going strong. Plus they have a three year warranty on them.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

A very smart person within the industry told me that a 46 tooth would be in between the 13 and 14 tooth clutch bell. I've always been under the impression that the lower you go on the spur, the more bottom end you receive. If you think about it, there is less teeth on the spur and that equals to the spur having less revolutions. Less revolutions means more bottom end and less top.
why not just change your clutch bell if you want more bottom? are you saying that changing the spur would achieve more tuning options that one may want that is in between two clutch bells?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

I've always been under the impression that the lower you go on the spur, the more bottom end you receive. If you think about it, there is less teeth on the spur and that equals to the spur having less revolutions. Less revolutions means more bottom end and less top.
Think about your youth when you used to ride a mountain bike. The of the engine in the car as your legs. And think about our gearing. What happens when you go to a bigger gear on the clutchbell, or a bigger gear at the pedals? You go faster.

Now think about the gears at the rear wheel, or the spur gear. What happens when you wanted to get more torque to start climbing a hill? You had to go to a bigger gear here. Same thing with the spur gear. The bigger you go, the more torque you will gain but you will lose top speed.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

I run strictly the JR 8800 series of servos. The current ones I own have just about a year of time on them and are still going strong. Plus they have a three year warranty on them.
Wow, do all JR servos have 3 year warranties?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
why not just change your clutch bell if you want more bottom? are you saying that changing the spur would achieve more tuning options that one may want that is in between two clutch bells?
macnkitty,

I never mess with my spurgear or clutchbell on my cars. I just normally change pipes/headers to achieve the performance I am looking for. However, there are some instances where a gear change is necessary. I haven't ran into that scenario and I doubt if I ever will running the tracks in the area that I do.

Wow, do all JR servos have 3 year warranties?
As far as I know they do, that is why I run them. Not to mention their service is top notch. There has been several times that I have sent in servos for repair without a receipt and they have fixed them with no questions asked. I've had issues with their lower level analog servos; 270, 590, 650, but the 9000 series were great when I was running a truggy. And I swear by the 8800 series in my Jammin'. This is what I normally do if I need a couple of servos: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JRPFZ600

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Think about your youth when you used to ride a mountain bike. The of the engine in the car as your legs. And think about our gearing. What happens when you go to a bigger gear on the clutchbell, or a bigger gear at the pedals? You go faster.

Now think about the gears at the rear wheel, or the spur gear. What happens when you wanted to get more torque to start climbing a hill? You had to go to a bigger gear here. Same thing with the spur gear. The bigger you go, the more torque you will gain but you will lose top speed.
Great comparison and making it simple for us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.