Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

i wonder why all hongnor product (speed 9.5 / x1cr) stick with the standard 17 degree c-hub and no option 20 or 22 degree like the kyosho or hyper 7 have, so we can't play with caster.. i think the 20 / 22' hub got more advantage over the 3 position upper arm hinge pin hole system
Old 02-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Though, I've only had my kit running for about 4 weeks, I will say that I have used the B caster block, nearly exclusively. I put the A block on, and I did notice a difference, since I changed nothing else.

Caster measured at the hub vs caster measured at the hinge pin are two different things. If you increase (from 0 degrees) the caster at the hingepin you change how effective the whole front suspension is. A low caster maeasured by hingepin makes shocks appear stiffer, and reduces their effectiveness, good on fast smooth tracks. On rough tracks, helping to keep the shocks inline with bumps (sort of anlged into the bumps) will allow the shocks to more easily absorb bumps.

Basically, how a manufacturer develops their suspension is key, and if they go with C hub or hingepin style, the rest of the suspension is key, too.

If I were to guess, I would assume everyone would be running the B block, since it's easy to mimic the effects of the A block by moving shocks around and changing the servo from the transmitter.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think my tank is leaking my whole car is covered in fuel after a race. My pitman isnt that sloppy. I've heard theres an updated tank, is this true Aaron?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

My tank leaked around lid also. Contact Ofna, they will send you a new tank.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tank

there is a new tank and it is almost white in color and not clear. also I got the tank from Ofna and it leaked around the adjustable top of the cap. If that is were it is leaking then some shoe goo will take care of it. My Jammin is down at the moment. Both servo saver mounts in the front snapped. I sent them back to Ofna and they said they would replace but I have none in the mean time.

AAron I was thinking of getting another x1-cr pro so I have two to avoid down time and to have the old for practice. If I get a new kit are they coming with the updated tank, motor mounts, and servo saver mounts?
Old 02-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

buggyman - They should..at least, the very newest ones will. If there are any kits left over at the distributor or LHS they might have the old parts.

There is a new tank, and it's pretty tough.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: tank

Originally posted by the buggyman
there is a new tank and it is almost white in color and not clear. also I got the tank from Ofna and it leaked around the adjustable top of the cap. If that is were it is leaking then some shoe goo will take care of it. My Jammin is down at the moment. Both servo saver mounts in the front snapped. I sent them back to Ofna and they said they would replace but I have none in the mean time.

AAron I was thinking of getting another x1-cr pro so I have two to avoid down time and to have the old for practice. If I get a new kit are they coming with the updated tank, motor mounts, and servo saver mounts?
Are you saying the new tank still leaks too? I havent had a problem with the servo saver mounts yet. Aaron do you use those little springs inbetween the calipers?
Old 02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

my new tank didn't seal right so I shoe gooed it. I have another still in the package, havn't tried it yet. The springs inbetween the calipers work great. I wish other cars would use them.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not using the springs in between the calipers. I have the new discs but haven't put them on yet..the stock brakes have been great.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Since it's been raining here so much, I took apart my CR for no real good reason except I couldn't run it with al the rain.

Anyway, I noticed my air filter is rubbing against the throttle servo linkage. Has anyone had this? I put the throttle link on the underside of the servo horn (vs the top) and it is really close to the rear brake disc. Has anyone run with the throttle linkage under the servo arm?

Last question, no springs on the brakes? I thought about chucking those springs during assembly, but I noticed there was a slight sticking of the brakes when I applied full brake and release to neutral. The sticking release as long as I rotated the spur with my finger. So I am sure the motor wouldn't have any problems. Has anyone seen sticking calipers?

I am really happy with the brake setup. For now I have the B type linkage. I started with the A, switched to B. The only modification I have done is add washers between the fuel tubing and the brake lever - I found my fuel tubing was too narrow and was getting jammed in the brake lever. I also added the 2mm adjust nuts from the A brake linkage to make sure the brakes were fully release at WOT.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: tank

Originally posted by the buggyman
I got the tank from Ofna and it leaked around the adjustable top of the cap.
Both servo saver mounts in the front snapped
day after day, there is plenty of weak and worse part are found in this car. so.. what do you think about this car's durability. thinking that my 9.5 pro are far more durable, after 2 years only front upper arm and front graphite shock stand broke
Old 02-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

argh - Everything has teething problems, especially in the first couple runs of production. The guys at OFNA are doing their best to change things as we go to make them better for the consumer.

Personally, my car has proven to be tougher than nails..
Old 02-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lmslms

Anyway, I noticed my air filter is rubbing against the throttle servo linkage. Has anyone had this?
i think it is because of the two stage air filter, it is really too big and the bodyshell will push it down and hit the throttle linkage.. is it a must using this two stage air filter..??

Last edited by arghh; 02-21-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

arghh, I have one of the early production cars. I know it has had minor problems, but Ofna has sent new parts for every problem for free. I have also read alot on the TTR S3 and it too is haveing minor issues and they are being worked out. All in All I am very pleased with the Jammin, and everytime I have raced it people come to me and comment how planted it looks. Also in regards to the filter, both my Mugen and Jammin do that.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

What clutch springs and shoes are everybody using and where can i get them. Do you have part numbers for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.