Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

tell us how that engine runs! i really want some first-hand info.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have the JP-3 pipe and that engine as well, havn't fired it up yet, but this weekend I plan on breaking it in...
Old 03-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
Originally Posted by Chris Mac
Ok so the brake holder is still used then?
I still used it but I didn't know how it would work without it. I think they are still hitting and causing some drag brake. But since Jammin"145 said he didnt use them I might just take them out
The FTE instructions have a extra page at the front of the manual that tells you how to install the FTE parts (bigg bore shocks, fiber brakes, captured hinge pins) It sprcifically says not to use the centering pieces at the bottom.

5. Fiber Disk Brakes – When assembling your brake assembly – you will use a steel pad, the fiber brake disk and another steel pad x 2. Do not use the springs or the black fiber pads. Also, do not use any of the plastic disk brake centering pieces that mount to the chassis.
So by that you need the steel pad on 1st, then the disk, then 2 more of the steel pads on the outside (probably to take up the extra space).
Old 03-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ightScale/CJP
Cody, a lot of racers use the JP-3 @ The Pit. Did Ross or Jay recomend the JP-2 for that Jammin' motor?
BTW did you run it yet, or you waiting for Saturday/
Haven't run it yet, she's still a virgin. I'm going to have her out there tomorrow. And Jay gave me that pipe so I'm guessing it is what the JPX.21 likes. I didn't see what pipes the Jammin' Team Drivers had on theirs.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

The latest craze it seems to go even bigger on the shocks. 13mm pistons is out. The latest seems to be the 16mm pistons.
If you guys checked on Neobuggy you will have seen that Kyosho had 2 of there to drivers using the latest 16mm shocks for their SP2's.
For me personally I liked the big shocks on the Lsi8. Thats about the only thing. IMO that is what makes it jump easier and drive easier in the rough. With Gil Losi moving to Kyosho, Kyosho has adapted that technology.

Well fellow jammers, I have it straight from the factory. They are busy testing the HN proto type BB shocks. We'll see it on the shelf in a few months.
I am definitely getting my order in early. So to give us a bigger advantage.
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-ksho2.jpg   Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-ksho1.jpg  
Old 03-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys, just a little note here ...

The southamerican championship just ended, and im MORE THAN HAPPY, i made the A-Main and ended 3rd !!! wow !!! ... (1st place mugen, second and third Jammins) ...

As usual i will be editing some videos and making some articles but i only wanted for you to know this news first, thanks for the support and emails wishing good luck ...

cya !!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
With Gil Losi moving to Kyosho, Kyosho has adapted that technology.
Gil Jr. had nothing to do with the 8ight...
Old 03-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Well done Tabushi. Another good result for the X1.
Like the Ferioni upgrades.
Just a little something I noticed. It seems you running a JP1 pipe with your new engine. If I am not mistaken I think the correct pipe is a JP3. Have you tried a JP3. I think the JP1 stifles the top end on that engine.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Old 03-27-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Well done Tabushi. Another good result for the X1.
Like the Ferioni upgrades.
Just a little something I noticed. It seems you running a JP1 pipe with your new engine. If I am not mistaken I think the correct pipe is a JP3. Have you tried a JP3. I think the JP1 stifles the top end on that engine.

Thanks Jerserboy, and no ... the JP1 pipe was recommended directly by the Serpent - USA (MEGA distributors in USA) crew. EFRA 3 chamber MEGA pipe or JP3 just on open and flowing tracks and a litle more fuel consumption control.

I will try to post some videos couple more days, man, the MEGA screams on the straight, without a doubt the fastest engine on the event ... im more than happy about racing them ...

cya,
Old 03-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

i think the JP-1 does choke the top end on my engines. i will more than likely go to a JP-3 sooner or later, so that i can also get some more run time on my small track that tends to suck a lot of fuel out of your rig.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
Yea, I'll have to get some new pics!

Can anyone tell me what anti squat plate is included with the kit?.. Thank you!
Stock anti-squat is 2.5, which is why they have 2.0 as an option on their site...

Originally Posted by Chris Mac
Can someone post a pic or explain to me how the brakes are set-up on the FTE buggies? The discs and pads dont seem like they should just be floating with nothing else but a screw to hold them in? Thanks.
The black plastic holders were meant for the old CR kit, which had two metal disc brakes, The new fiber brakes on the FTE don't need them, some say that when the car is at a 45 degree angle the brakes drag, but i've never really noticed anything. When setting up your brakes, use some calipers to measure the thickness of each brake rotor then add .5mm to your original number, and use that as your gap in between the two calipers...
Old 03-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

can anyone suggest a good plush shock setup with the old pro shocks? my shocks are currently too stiff to my track, and i want to experiment during these first few runs of the season with a plusher setup. i have the blue and white springs, and plenty o' shock oil. i think i have them at 55-50 right now, could be 60-55 (yikes! ). thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
can anyone suggest a good plush shock setup with the old pro shocks? my shocks are currently too stiff to my track, and i want to experiment during these first few runs of the season with a plusher setup. i have the blue and white springs, and plenty o' shock oil. i think i have them at 55-50 right now, could be 60-55 (yikes! ). thanks in advance.
I'm running 50wt fr and 35wt rr. Soft enough for plenty of traction, and still jumps well.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Regular

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.