Wiki Posts
Search

One of new buggies

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default One of new buggies

HI
I want to try some of the new buggies. I used to use brushless buggies for three years (hyper8, xray808e, mugen mbx6 teknov4 converted) and this will be my first nitro buggy. I'm considering to get serpent cobra, agama evo8, durango 408, or JQ the car. I know allready all buggies on the marked have some issues but I want the one with less problems and most durable. I like nimble, and aggressive cars more. Which one should I buy. I've 2-3 months to pick up best for me so an upcoming car (like HB cr8) can be an option too.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I can recommend the Durango DNX408. I have had no issues with it and had no breakages - and I have put it through a lot! Fantastic steering and you can make it as aggressive as you want. I used to have the mbx6 and found the Durango to be a lot quicker to drive.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by alport78
HI
I want to try some of the new buggies. I used to use brushless buggies for three years (hyper8, xray808e, mugen mbx6 teknov4 converted) and this will be my first nitro buggy. I'm considering to get serpent cobra, agama evo8, durango 408, or JQ the car. I know allready all buggies on the marked have some issues but I want the one with less problems and most durable. I like nimble, and aggressive cars more. Which one should I buy. I've 2-3 months to pick up best for me so an upcoming car (like HB cr8) can be an option too.
Well thats actually easy! get the one with the best parts suply I drive an Agama because the parts are easy to get at my place but the newer buggies are almost all narrowed chassi wich is not bad but they have a hard time at the bumpy sections !!! i still think wider is better ( Associated,Kyosho)etc. these are also the one who win XD
Old 06-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm outside USA and have almost zero local support. Make severel international orders every month and used to it so local support is not a problem for me.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm outside USA and have almost zero local support. Make severel international orders every month and used to it so local support is not a problem for me.
so my personal opinion is

Agama : I drive an Agama and i love it it has alot of steering for the parts i broke were two dogbones front left and right from having a hard landing ^^ and some shock ends XD but besides this i didnt brake anything A arms etc.

Durango: Well alot of driver had the durango but it had some issues and just didnt work out ^^

JQ: I didnt saw one yet but it looks pretty fast

Serpent: I like the Serpent alot it looks cool and drives well and from those 4 cars its the best in Ranking ( Billy Easton A Main in the worlds )

here's a vid of my Agama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN8JW7pY3AA
Old 08-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

bump
Old 08-09-2011, 05:52 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Serpent or the Obama.. sorry Agama
Old 08-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've talked to Josh from HB about CR8,it wont be out till early next year. Very nice buggy and you will be shocked by maintnece friendly its ganna be. But i prefer Mugen over all you said. The serpent is nice BUT HEAVY, JQ takes alot of work and you have to know how to set up a car to really like it, the Agama looks like it gets sloppy pretty fast but don't look bad, and the Durango looks real cool but seeing how alot buy it then sell it and now Durango is selling with spare arms is a lil fishy. I haven't really looked at a DNX but they do get cut loose real quick.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for the comments guys. Anyone else?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Serpent. I don't own the buggy, yet, but I own 2 Cobra truggies, and they're quite impressive to say the least, which is making want the buggy oh so bad. Keep Serpent at the top of your list when deciding. Whatever you decide to get, I hope you enjoy it
Old 08-09-2011, 07:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

YGPM bud...

I've built all of the cars here, and they all have very good qualities (and a downside or two IMO)...

My personal pick from your list is the Agama (unless I can talk you into an 8ight or RC8 LOL).

Just my opinion though, and ymmv.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the PM's guys they have been very helpfull but I couldn't clarify my decision yet. I begin to read the cars own threads from the beginning , ıt will take some time but I think it's necessary before spend a lot of money. At least I decided which motor and starter box to get and begin the shopping with them. I like to hear any other opinions all the time.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the PM's guys they have been very helpfull but I couldn't clarify my decision yet. I begin to read the cars own threads from the beginning , ıt will take some time but I think it's necessary before spend a lot of money. At least I decided which motor and starter box to get and begin the shopping with them. I like to hear any other opinions all the time.
I think right now the car to get is a rc8b.2
Old 08-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry, looks great but not on my list
Old 08-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Serpents are killer....amazing handling, amazing durability...fast, fast, fast.......I have all the vehicles at my disposal and without question the Serpent stands out the most on the track.........

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.