Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will you buy RPM arms for MBX6-T?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+1 also just because u havent crashed, u may have landed at a angle that stressed the arm but did not know until later down the road when it does break. I personally havent broke just driving around, now i have broke pushing the truck past my limits and crashing, Landing at bad angles, ect.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

-Please open the Amainhobbies page, parts section for all common truggies (eight-t, st-rr, xt8, rc8t etc.) and sort it by bestselling and tell me do you see any a-arms except mugen on first page? .OK, I accept I'm the worst mbx6-t driver but I didn't buy all of them.
-BTW RPM begin to make arms for rc8 and I'm sure the parts are not as flexible as 1/10 arms. I'm sure any company familiar with building plastic rc parts will know better than you how they should make them!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd actually consider it.

I've broken arms twice "doinking" a jump...

Overall that is a very tough truck. I have managed to break front arms twice (again, from "doinking" a jump, one shock end (same landing as one of the ones that broke the arm) the upper part of the servo saver (known weakness) and a rear camberlink- the metal part, not the plastics! (got hit by another vehicle while hung on a pipe.)

I wouldn't call the front lowers fragile, but they aren't as tough as some of the others like XRAY. (You buggy guys need to realize that a landing that won't hurt a buggy will break a truck due to the heavier vehicle having longer arms that exert more leverage on the stress points.) Too steep of an angle on impact on one wheel WILL break the front lower on the MBX6T. The buggy usually won't break in that same landing.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

sheesh, don't get your panties in a bunch. You asked a question. Racers answered. Don't get mad that they didn't give you the answers you wanted.

BTW, you can't trend bestsellers using amain. It's not a historical running stat- probably more like the best seller in a month or something. Look in the .21 engines. The "Best Sellers" are listed as 1) Competition heat warmer 2) XZB 3) Speed XZB.

Do you really think they have sold more of those than a Werks B5 or Nova +4?... or even the older VZB's?

Last edited by R/C Lidz; 06-14-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alport78
-Please open the Amainhobbies page, parts section for all common truggies (eight-t, st-rr, xt8, rc8t etc.) and sort it by bestselling and tell me do you see any a-arms except mugen on first page? .OK, I accept I'm the worst mbx6-t driver but I didn't buy all of them.
-BTW RPM begin to make arms for rc8 and I'm sure the parts are not as flexible as 1/10 arms. I'm sure any company familiar with building plastic rc parts will know better than you how they should make them!
maybe that has something to do with the fact that the mbx6T is the most popular truck on the market at the moment. and what makes it the best selling truck is that it has those super long arm u wont stop crying about.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Josh - You are right; the "bestsellers" listings show the best selling items from the last 28 days (and are updated almost up-to-the-minute). We find it was more useful to our customers to see what is currently trending, rather than relying on all-time data which may show older, but once very popular, items. A few months ago, the B5 and B6 were in fact at the top of the list.

The Competition Heat heaters were placed in the engine category because we didn't feel that any of the other categories were more appropriate.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I for one would buy rpm arms for the mbx6. I have broken countless rear arms in the exact same spot over and over. There is a problem with these arms. I broken them at very low speeds and it's the same spot over and over.

Rpm make arms for the buggy and I will buy them. I am tired of buying 4 sets of rear arms at a time.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

hey, wassup Aaron?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

HaHa..read this thread on Saturday night. Broke my first front arm in two years on Sunday after plowing into a sprinkler pole.

Put RPM on my Slash. Won't put them on my 6T.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jpalessi
maybe that has something to do with the fact that the mbx6T is the most popular truck on the market at the moment. and what makes it the best selling truck is that it has those super long arm u wont stop crying about.
That has nothing to do with bestselling of mbx6-t. The sorting is made seperate for each truggy so it's not the bestselling truggy arm, only one of the best selling mbx6-t part. If any other truggy selling fewer would have weak a-arms the arms should seem on bestselling parts page for this truggy.
I'm not crying, I only don't refuse the problem and want somebody come with a solution. I've allready Mugen buggy and don't open threads like this for it because I don't think it has a especially weak point. I don't want to sell my mbx6-t eather and try to do something to make the car more reliable. Why is my searching for making my truggy better bothering people so much I can't get it!?

Last edited by alport78; 06-14-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

As I understand it, the earlier MBX6-T arms were more prone to breakage, but were revised. The former being that the area around the droop screw was too weak. This is just observation from where they were breaking and do not break now- I havent compared the two side-by-side.

I did break one or two of the earlier arms, but it was due to other racers lawn-darting onto the front end of my truggy, and I did have a runaway that clipped the fence. I do need to say that the shocks, shafts, and towers held (and still hold) up quite nicely.

Arms that are too flexible have no place on the race track. If RPM can make them without compromising rigidity or handling characteristics, then I'd consider them. My vehicles run either on the starter box or the race track. Mugen is a race vehicle, pure and simple.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
I have the buggy and never broke an arm, but I do know truggy racers who break them.....I've heard boiling them helps, but not much feedback on that...

that's a really good idea buddy....RPM....why not....
I know exactly the 2! people your talking about!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Go the parts list for a Kyosho STRR. I bet the best seller is ring and pinion gears
Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Go the parts list for a Kyosho STRR. I bet the best seller is ring and pinion gears
and f lower arms 2nd.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Originally Posted by jpalessi
and f lower arms 2nd.
That's kyosho guys problem. I'm only interested in mine truggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.