Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC8 to RC8B or RC8T CE

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Champion

Default SC8 to RC8B or RC8T CE

I have an SC8 with RC8B Big Bores and alu top-plate. I already have a brand-new RC8B radio box in my box of spares, along with a bunch of other Asso parts. I recently discovered though that the SC8 is for me anyway useless at jumping and therefore useless at the local track.. I mean, REALLY bad.. I would like to sell it and get an RC8B, but I was wondering if it would make sense to just get an RC8B chassis and convert. I guess all I would need would be the A,B,C, and D plates, and the shock towers and body mounts? Is that it? Thanks..

Maybe converting to RC8T would be better? Then I need all new arms, diffs, etc.. though, instead of the chassis... Hmm...
Old 06-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Get what you can out of the sc8 in my opinion and buy a new rc8b.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Champion

Not looking to spend that much.. With chop shops for the parts I could probably do it for less than half the price of a new RC8B, and then with luck maybe sell some left-over parts and stuff...

Forgot - I guess for truggy I'd also need the shafts and main gear.. I guess truggy wouldn't be worth it..
Old 06-10-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Get a buggy. They are just excepted everywhere so you will always have lots of racers at the track, truggy's not as much. Plus with buggy you learn alot more driving skills and setups.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Stupid iPhone
Old 06-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

I went throught the exact same thing when the SC8 came out. Tried to race it and they put me in with the buggys. Needless to say I did horrible. Kept breaking the front end countless times. I did the math which would be cheaper to convert and ether way you would be paying alot. Go with ether one cuz the SC8 is a mix of the 2. Has buggy arms with a truggy chassis. I just went out and bought the Buggy kit and never looked back. Cuz if you do convert you would have to get the FT plates, big bore shocks, towers. Buy a kit and you have extra diffs and that's a good advantage.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Well the thing is, if I were gonna buy a brand new buggy kit, I'd want a Mugen or an Agama or something.. Then I would just sell the SC8 and my huge pile of Asso parts.. That's what I'd prefer to avoid though, if possible.. The losses would be too high..
Old 06-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Prophet

it depends if you have a good turnout with truggys at your track if so i would remmend getting the rc8t ce .

i think you will like truggy you can drive them harder .
Old 06-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

I don't want to buy a new truggy or buggy. I want to convert my SC8...

I've had both an RC8T and RC8, and sold them both to get the SC8. Which I now know was a mistake.. But I don't want to invest in a new kit..
Old 06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I don't want to buy a new truggy or buggy. I want to convert my SC8...

I've had both an RC8T and RC8, and sold them both to get the SC8. Which I now know was a mistake.. But I don't want to invest in a new kit..

you can convert your sc8 but its not cheap its up to you.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

What do you reckon a ballpark figure is to convert to RC8B? I already have Big Bores and an alu top-plate.. Got wings too.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

I down loaded the manual and just got the prices. Ebay is your best bet. Towers are going to be about 50 or so alone if you her lucky. Figure you need arms, cvds but if you got truggy shocks that's a big start.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

I was thinking of ordering a Werks B5 from Tower. With the exchange rate, it's already a killer deal. Their international discount on orders of $400 is $100 (!!), so basically, since the Werks costs 200 bucks, I can get $200 in RC8B parts for $100... Not bad.. I guess I would start with the new +3mm chassis. The new shock towers aren't in yet, so I think I'd skip those. The normal blue ones I think I'd just get from an ebay chop shop. So from Tower I'd get the chassis and any small stuff, like maybe a spare set of front arms and the body holder. From chop shops the towers, center shafts, chassis brace, and body..

Again, I already have the Big Bore shocks and the radio tray and alu top plate sitting here..

It would of course be better to just sell the SC8, but I have invested so much in parts, not to mention time(got all new diff bearings recently..)etc.., it would be a big loss. I figure, for €150 total it'd be worth it.. Towers, chassis, center shafts are the main parts to get.. I kind of think it should be doable..