Wiki Posts
Search

Getting a truggy. Need all the info I can get

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
if your going with a truggy kit and dont want to break the bank go for the rc8t ce truggy the drivetrain is bullet proof.

and the drivetrain does not wear much at all and no diff shimming other than the stock diff shimming to worry about

and the plastic quality is good and the parts are a bit cheaper.
You seem like a scorn woman in these treads.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the fusion x3 a good motor for truggies?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by l3asher
I skip his posts. It's too hard, annoying, and uninformative to decode his long, poorly-formed, paragraph-long sentences.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Back on topic... Fuel was mentioned earlier.

Go to your LHS and see what they're selling. Ask around! Both to people that are and arent sponsored by whatever fuel they're running. Figure out what you like: What works best with your setup and your tuning skills? The big names to look for are Byrons, Odonnell (race blend), VP Powermaster, Nitrotane, among others... and those were in no particular order. The ONE that I keep going back to is in that list of four, but I'll let you decide. All four are at the top of my list, and I'm not professionally affiliated with any of them. However, I do have personal experience, or experience through factory Go drivers and those four.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Ruune
I skip his posts. It's too hard, annoying, and uninformative to decode his long, poorly-formed, paragraph-long sentences.

I3asher: just my mission to destory the losi eights j/k.
im just giving my opinion on my experiences no not with the 2.0 t but it still has the wear issue on the drivetrain .

its all in what the driver likes anyways or afford.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

this fourm is free, and tc5man althou he post somethings un needed, he still can post what ever he wants. So stop giving him a hard time
Old 05-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by l3asher
Get off the computer and go swimming or something. I thought you were suppose to be on vacation
Old 05-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One thing I learned the hard and expensive way was not to run cheap servos, they dont last! Also on the servo note, learn to set your EPA's properly because if you don't, your going to spend millions just in servos alone Also, when it comes to a radio and reciever, do not buy anything thats an FM set up or you will eventually have a runaway truggy that could result in your throttle sticking wide open and destroying your motor! This happened to me with an expensive Clocked O.S. 25xz.. My receiver picked up on an unidentified signal, throttle stuck wide open, pinned my truggy against a big weed, and the sand allowed my badboy racing engine to rev to the moon resulting in a shattered rod.

I recommend the Airtronics MT4 for your radio and receiver setup, it can be had for $200-$250 depending on where you buy it from.. Take the time to properly set up, and understand, your fail safe options, it will save you piles of money! As far as engines goes, pick a color of the rainbow lol! That all depends on your budget... I personally decided to spend a little extra for a fully modded O.S. 25xz from ClockWorkRacing and im glad I did! The most important mental note to make on engines though, is to learn how to tune! In the Engine section of this forum there is a thread titled "the engine break in Bible", READ IT! Memorize it too!

Also, keep your equipment clean and maintenanced! If your good to your equipment, your equipment will be good to you! Have fun and enjoy your 8T 2.0, imo its the best damn Truggy out there
Old 05-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matrixmike28
Get off the computer and go swimming or something. I thought you were suppose to be on vacation
Taking a break!!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Rookie

I would start with the D8T honestly. I switch from losi to the D8T and it felt better. It seemed easier to setup and its not super expensive. Ive had mine for a year and are yet to break an A-arm. Ive hit alot of hard things at high speeds and it just bounces off. And they do not wear parts as fast, such as bearings and plastics.