Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Where do you lack skill, in the RC world. >

Where do you lack skill, in the RC world.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where do you lack skill, in the RC world.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitronutzzz
go brushless! consistant power with every pull of the trigger.no tuning..no glow plugs, fuel and starter box..charge and go..used to be nuts about nitro but now I will never go back!
I bought a factory team sc10. Put it all together turned it on and 2 minutes later gave it to my Son. He races 2 classes now nitro and SC. I couldnt get excited about it plus nobody and I mean nobody where I live runs 8th scale electric.

After seeing all of the speed controls go bad plush they are more than a nitro engine doesent seem to good.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by nitrosteve
Well this is a good read... My biggest struggle in RC is maintaining the fun factor. I am hyper competitive and hate loosing buy I also want to have fun. My 8 year old is now getting into the sport this year and I want to make sure he keeps it fun no matter if he wins or looses.

I think my best driving happens when I am well prepared for race day and completly relaxed on the driver stand. I try to race myself on the track not my buddies, that helps me stay relaxed. I also have a morphine drip which i can hit if needed
right on!! keep it fun, i started racing 5 years ago and had a blast just going to club races and having fun, i got sponcered and really wasent fun anymore and started to loose interest from the stress of needing to win. i am no longer sponcered and is now fun again!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
id love to argue with ya, but i want you to send out my lipo tomorrow....LOL
got a nice ninja mrb01 if want to pick it up..i'd give u a crack deal.!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nitronutzzz
got a nice ninja mrb01 if want to pick it up..i'd give u a crack deal.!
i have a ton of new engines, broke 2 in today! im a avid.....well my avitar says it all...lol
Old 03-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Keep the fun in it, I have flashes of brilliant driving usually followed by a spetacular crash but I am always having fun.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

May need to borrow that morphine drip cause I cant settle down on the drivers stand. No matter what.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
carrying speed through the corners is my down fall.
+1 I am a pusher, so every lap I try to push harder and harder and end up rolling over or spinning out. Everyone tells me I am fast but I'm just not consistent.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AE big bore shoccks are good. Ive had my truck since last spring and Ive only rebuilt them 3 times. The last time was 1.5 gallons ago and theyre still perfect. There is a little tool set that might help you. I think it comes with the RC8TCE and RC8B or you can get it separately part number 89358.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mm-Shock-Tools

It also can be used for installing and removing clutch shoes.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

for me I dont think its about lack of skill just lack of practise if I could practise every day or so instead of twice a month then who knows how good you could get
Old 03-30-2011, 06:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sein
+1 I am a pusher, so every lap I try to push harder and harder and end up rolling over or spinning out. Everyone tells me I am fast but I'm just not consistent.
same here, i dont flip or spin out but go into a corner to fast and take it to wide and loose a spot or or two. when i try to slow down going into a corner i normally slow down to much and get rear ended...lol, guys tell me im faster when i slow down
Old 03-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussies1129
for me I dont think its about lack of skill just lack of practise if I could practise every day or so instead of twice a month then who knows how good you could get
The track is 1.5h away from my home so I just race. I only go practicing when my mates go and that's not very often. I would be happy if I could practice twice a month.
I know a couple of guess are making a backyard track in the neighbour so I hope I can practice over there this summer. Altough it's not that big and the jumps are easy.