Wiki Posts
Search

LRP TACTYL LIGHT DIFFS

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default LRP TACTYL LIGHT DIFFS

I received a catalogue with an LRP esc and came upon these DIFFS.
From what it describes they sound great for increased handling characteristics, and they say a light 108grams.. Is anyone running these and what difference in handling do you recognize, and are oil setups similar to stock DIFFS? Thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default I forgot

Originally Posted by king revo
From what it describes they sound great for increased handling characteristics, and they say a light 108grams.. Is anyone running these and what difference in handling do you recognize, and are oil setups similar to stock DIFFS? Thanks
I'm interested in feedback from nitro setups, I mentioned esc but Im interested in running these in buggy and truggy outdoor.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 AM
am
Tech Master

Theese diffs are the the diffs that f.eks Fioroni tractive are based on. I have used them for many years in the Crono cars and they are great. Not suted to all cars and trackconditions.

You will get a car that turns alot better off power and pulls stronger out of the corner. Can get you a little wide since they lock up some. You get less tirewear so you can run longer on your tires.

They are more work to keep race ready all the time, but works very well. Do not use the on the rear end as it can make your car get its rear end first in milliseconds, lol.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default ??

Originally Posted by king revo
So your saying not to run them
In the rear because it will come around too fast?
You think it would be more beneficial in the truggy
Because I don't need more off power steering in my buggy.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:19 AM
am
Tech Master

No, they are beneficial alright, much so also. You get better fuel economy and better tirewear. your buggy accelerats harder out of the corner. You do need to change your setup a bit to get the moast out of it, like you maybe need to take away some initial steerieng and dial in a little more out of the corner, but when you figure theese things out you will have a very fast car.

As for not using it in the rear, i now Tortorichi used theese diffs all around and got two euro champ titles with it...
Old 03-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Default k

thanks,i dont know why noone uses these in the US, atleast noone is posting replies to me in US.. i think im gonna try putting these in my truggy first...