Wiki Posts
Search

durango dnx408 vs hot bodies cr8

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Good idea. Can't see a downside. Like the D8, the modular design makes cleaning easier.
that is a good point but what about the fact that the module is screwed on to the chassis . wouldn't that cause extra flex especially over time at the joint as parts wear . plus what about a side impact?

Last edited by nitrozilla; 02-20-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
So how do youkeepthe center of gravity low when you raise the fuel tank up?
I would say it has a minor effect compared to the battery. Look at it this way: the battery is heavy(specially if this is intended for nimh packs) and remains heavy all the time, the fuel tank doesn't Also they could always vary the fuel tank shape making it wider and lower.

Plus, on-road cars are all low-cg focused and the battery is under the fuel tank.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank L
So how do youkeepthe center of gravity low when you raise the fuel tank up?
Think narrow instead of LCG. Next question, how do you keep fuel from splashing when there is no splashguard. Think Durango.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

excellent performance from jesse driving the new cr8

well done jesse.

dnx408 is off pace by 2 laps.

i wonder what excuses fan boys of durango will give now
Old 02-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bear_

well done jesse.

Noted...
Old 02-21-2011, 02:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

well done jesse.

2 Durango's in the A Main. I only see 1 HotBody car. Just joking. Good outing for the new cr8. I still like my Durango though. I also like my AE E-buggy. To each his own basically.

Also note- The CR8 was 2(almost 3) laps off winning pace. Just some food for thought.

So by your way of thinking. Everyone should run out and buy a AE RC8. Just sayin...
Old 02-21-2011, 03:09 AM
Tech Adept

RC8B is a shovel compared to all this new modern design. High centre of gravity, wide, heavy.

Who'd have thought such an old piece of lead could win a race still

I'll stick with my AE for now until it can't win any more
Old 02-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

well done jesse.

Well, if you look at the time tables, both Ryan and Reno had problems, reflected on some reeeeeally slow laps(67s one for Reno and 84+125 for Ryan).

Still, nice job for Jesse, 5th with the new car is a great result
Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

well I think the weight of the associated helped to keep it planted. the track had craters the size of grand canyon very hard to drive on. but the cr8 was right up there jesse just had some crashes that ended up setting him back.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by we go hard
obviously you havent seen a 408 in person. and this car in the pics here is garbage. hpi has and never will make anything that is made to the standards of a 408. they make stuff for cats like you though, hobby shop fan boy specials, i have no issue with the d8,although i would never buy one, but this thing NO dont be mad because you dont have 700 for a kit. this is priced right in your ally. scoop up a lil picco an youll be good to go. i think your just looking for stupid responces to your really dumb post. people with 40 posts like you love starting dumb threads.
Hotbodies D8 have won the world, and it's by HPI.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable, you even called others stupid in your verse, and I’m almost agreeing, for where stupidity is involved, you are quite an expert, friend...
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
...the angle of the front bone is aggressive and a big wear point now, so why not fix this by doing the same thing to the front ring and pinion as the rear and have the bone come in straight to the housing to a flipped ring gear, it won't affect a thing right?...
The front axle will spin in reverse and the servo saver bell-crank will be in the way of the drive shaft

Ill keep my 408 until I see something that I like better, I wont be able to win with any of them so who cares HAHAHAH!

xe
Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chirivita
Well, if you look at the time tables, both Ryan and Reno had problems, reflected on some reeeeeally slow laps(67s one for Reno and 84+125 for Ryan).

Still, nice job for Jesse, 5th with the new car is a great result
Jesse Flamed in the race also. Believe me Jesse was way more consistent and fast all weekend than the Durango boys. Savoya had to bump up from the C main.

Lutz just plain pushed too hard and his car was on edge. It looked to catch every bump out there (and there were a lot!!) Savoya got the rough track handling down for main day and his car looked very good on Sunday. His only problem seemed to be that he could not grab the throttle out of the corners like the others. He was missing rear traction for sure. I was impressed how well he got it around the track with an obvious traction disadvantage.

Jesse would have been in the mix (in fact he was part of the 4 car breakaway at the beginning until he flamed)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

reno and lutz both flammed out I think lutz actually flammed out and got back on the track and made it to the back side and it flammed again. i dont remember jesse flamming out cause i was watching him incase he did flame out on the right side of the track to help. all I know is he had a couple of crashes and got tangled up with people. billy easton had pit problem i think he drove over the side of the pit table 2 times and i can see why as it was hard to see down pit lane. something happend to dakota not shure if it was engine or electronic failure.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

well done jesse.

Hotbodies CR8 - Fast enough to beat Durango!

just kidding
Old 02-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.