Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I was wondering if ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

DesertEagle, lets not leave out the fact I beat your SC8 with a box stock Hyper 10SC and a $20 Nimh battery numious times until the day my servo wires got eaten by the spur gear and that was my last race of the season. Tell everyone how you don't want me running my SC8e with nitro SC8s because I have some sort of magical advantage and have to run my own class.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

If I was ever in this part of the country looking to race.....I think I just changed my mind. Track will be closed up anyway. CRAZY!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cody01
DesertEagle, lets not leave out the fact I beat your SC8 with a box stock Hyper 10SC and a $20 Nimh battery numious times until the day my servo wires got eaten by the spur gear and that was my last race of the season. Tell everyone how you don't want me running my SC8e with nitro SC8s because I have some sort of magical advantage and have to run my own class.
Cody lets get it right shall we? First off I think it was you that said and I quote "The only time anyone gets close to me is when I pass them" Since then you haven't won anything and you didn't win multiple times just once. As far as you running your electric with the nitro? The only problem I've had with that was the whole pitting issue. We have to pit and you'd be forced to every ten minutes. Now from what I've been told from the people at the track is you seem to be nice to peoples faces and stab them in the back later on. Not sure it's true because you don't act that way around me and I've told others that but I've heard that from multiple people on and off the track. If we go for more than 10 minutes and you have to pit every 10 then wouldn't that put you at a disadvantage or if we go less and you pit every 10 minutes then that would give you one. Why don't you just get a nitro and race with us. Oh wait you had one.

As far as competing against you? From what I've been told is you tell a hell of a tale about how good you are but I've only seen it once. I do believe it was me that shook your hand for a good race that day. In fact I was the only one who did.

Facts are as follows:
You bought an sc8 and complained it was a piece of junk because you didn't like how it handled and the motor was junk as well.
I was told you had bought the sc8 so you could beat me. I don't understand this since like you said you already did with your other truck so why would you need to buy another to beat me. Just what I was told. When I asked you about it at the track you said "I was faster after the race"
You sold it to Mx51 and he took it me to try and get it to run.
I found a ton of dirt in the motor plus you had the suspension so messed up that it wouldn't handle straight.
I worked on that sc8 for about 8 hours with MX51 that night and worked on it some more after that.
I did try and help MX51 quite a bit to get him up and running and did tell him some things that I read and have done to get his to run better.
When he started to run better he started to give me crap about how he was going to beat me.
MX51 did bring his laptop over on Thursday and I worked on it for about 5 hours so he could post crap here about me I guess. Glad I helped him out.

So in the future let's just keep the facts straight.

As far as the last race goes:
Facts:
I was having problems with my truck when I showed up that day. I wasn't sure if it was interference or what. Others witnessed it as well. You were having problems as well.
I lapped Mx51 in heat two.
During the main I was having big problems with interference as well or so I thought. My truck was out of control much of the race. I should have just took it off the track.
After the race I took it out one more time and it finally shut down. I found the following.
Bad on and off switch. Actually the top was broke off
Broken throttle horn. broke in half.
two torn tires. I ran those tires every week for three months and they tore before in the same place.
I did apologize to the corner marshals about my truck.
The damage was seen by MX51 and others after the race.
Fact is, and the track owner can show you, my average lap time was off by 2 seconds or more throughout the day.
It's true I was in a bad mood not only because of my truck but the other truck the girlfriend drives as well and I did let it get the best of me as I've seen it get the best of all of us last summer. As MX51 will find out and I know you already know.. it's not easy trying to run more than one vehicle out there especially when the wife is bashing the crap out of one and your always having to work on it between heats and races. I know for a fact you know how that feels and soon MX51 will too. Fact is I spent more time working on other peoples stuff than I did my own at the track and off.

The post I made earlier was just for fun. I thought MX51 had a little thicker skin than that since he likes to give it out. I called him before and after I posted it and we were laughing about it along with the ninja donkey comment in response to the redcat skate park barn champion. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers but if your gonna dish it.. then.. it was all out of fun. Besides that we are racing toy cars!

Last edited by deserteagle; 02-05-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by REDCATRACER
Deserteagle, it sure was nice of you to let him nurse from the tit of your knowledge. It sounds like you really know what you are doing since you have to let other people have a pitty win. I look forward to making you look like a fool this coming season. If my Redcat doesn't seem to be up to par its all good. I have been working a lot of extra hours at work and should be able to sink a ton of money into an SC8 if I choose to get one.
A guy I work with has a huge heated barn and we are in the works of building a track in it so we can get plently of drive time in before summer hits.
well that is just..er.. terrific!? thanks for sharing Hope you find the love of your life in that barn.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Man practice ptactice practice. And try some differed setup stuff on your truck. Springs, camber link locations diff oils. Etc... Take a look at what your truckmis doing and then make adjustments. Sometimes just extra toe out on the front can make a world of difference. But seriously some guys are just faster and you gotta accept that. I race with some guys that are just plain fast. But practice and setup does help.

Or just take a drive to a different track there has to be another one around somewhere. 2.5 hours is about how far I liketo drive for a club race. But then in a few weeks the nitro challenge is being held and that's only 700 miles for me some guys it's more. Well worth it.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by deserteagle
Cody lets get it right shall we? First off I think it was you that said and I quote "The only time anyone gets close to me is when I pass them" Since then you haven't won anything and you didn't win multiple times just once. As far as you running your electric with the nitro? The only problem I've had with that was the whole pitting issue. We have to pit and you'd be forced to every ten minutes. Now from what I've been told from the people at the track is you seem to be nice to peoples faces and stab them in the back later on. Not sure it's true because you don't act that way around me and I've told others that but I've heard that from multiple people on and off the track. If we go for more than 10 minutes and you have to pit every 10 then wouldn't that put you at a disadvantage or if we go less and you pit every 10 minutes then that would give you one. Why don't you just get a nitro and race with us. Oh wait you had one.

As far as competing against you? From what I've been told is you tell a hell of a tale about how good you are but I've only seen it once. I do believe it was me that shook your hand for a good race that day. In fact I was the only one who did.

Facts are as follows:
You bought an sc8 and complained it was a piece of junk because you didn't like how it handled and the motor was junk as well.
I was told you had bought the sc8 so you could beat me. I don't understand this since like you said you already did with your other truck so why would you need to buy another to beat me. Just what I was told. When I asked you about it at the track you said "I was faster after the race"
You sold it to Mx51 and he took it me to try and get it to run.
I found a ton of dirt in the motor plus you had the suspension so messed up that it wouldn't handle straight.
I worked on that sc8 for about 8 hours with MX51 that night and worked on it some more after that.
If there was dirt in the motor I feel it was there when I recieved as I only ran it a couple of minutes. After all I did get it from a guy on here. As far as the suspension I never touched it once, so whatever you found on it wasn't from me. My biggest complaint was hard starting and the mess from the nitro fuel since I was used to plug and play. As far as others at the track saying things about me, well that shit happens everywhere from what I can tell especially in a compitition type setting. I'm not sure what I would have said that wasn't either joking around or its just the truth. I know there is one or two individuals who backstab about 10X more than I ever might have. I also heard from half the people there they don't want to see you back there again so I don't see why I'm the focal point of your bullshit. If they are playing me they are playing you too because I've heard a lot about you from others. Look, overall there is some truth to what you stated but a lot of it has wholes in it as well. I'm not out there begging for friends so if someone doesn't like me oh well. I've got no real beef with anyone there but apparantly I seem to be a problem for you and whoever else seems to be talking shit about me. All I really wanted to do was go there and have fun driving. I believe I only had the chance to race twice and one of those times my truck gave me problems but it was just funny how you assumed you were the god of the track. From where I sit it would be pretty easy to dominate an outdoor track with a 1/8 when everybody else is running 1/10. I don't think any other track allows SC8s with 1/10 SC trucks.

Last edited by Cody01; 02-05-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Rookie

If there was dirt in the motor I feel it was there when I recieved as I only ran it a couple of minutes. After all I did get it from a guy on here. As far as the suspension I never touched it once, so whatever you found on it wasn't from me. My biggest complaint was hard starting and the mess from the nitro fuel since I was used to plug and play. As far as others at the track saying things about me, well that shit happens everywhere from what I can tell especially in a compitition type setting. I'm not sure what I would have said that wasn't either joking around or its just the truth. I know there is one or two individuals who backstab about 10X more than I ever might have. I also heard from half the people there they don't want to see you back there again so I don't see why I'm the focal point of your bullshit. If they are playing me they are playing you too because I've heard a lot about you from others. Look, overall there is some truth to what you stated but a lot of it has wholes in it as well. I'm not out there begging for friends so if someone doesn't like me oh well. I've got no real beef with anyone there but apparantly I seem to be a problem for you and whoever else seems to be talking shit about me. All I really wanted to do was go there and have fun driving. I believe I only had the chance to race twice and one of those times my truck gave me problems but it was just funny how you assumed you were the god of the track. From where I sit it would be pretty easy to dominate an outdoor track with a 1/8 when everybody else is running 1/10. I don't think any other track allows SC8s with 1/10 SC trucks.
Never claimed I was the god on the track. I've joked around with MX but that was ribbing and all for fun just like he's done to me. You ran 5 tanks through the sc8 on the track when the track owner and I was there and I was trying to help you to get it running because of the engine problems. You turned the camber in because you said that was what you seen the full size corr trucks doing. I couldn't agree more about 1/10 running with 1/8 and monster trucks running with truggies and buggies and so on. That is why we have classes now so people can compete with the same scale and the same power plants. Shan and I don't stab others in the back and that is a fact. No BS from me but you chimed in this thread.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Never claimed I was the god on the track. I've joked around with MX but that was ribbing and all for fun just like he's done to me. You ran 5 tanks through the sc8 on the track when the track owner and I was there and I was trying to help you to get it running because of the engine problems. You turned the camber in because you said that was what you seen the full size corr trucks doing. I couldn't agree more about 1/10 running with 1/8 and monster trucks running with truggies and buggies and so on. That is why we have classes now so people can compete with the same scale and the same power plants. Shan and I don't stab others in the back and that is a fact. No BS from me but you chimed in this thread.
Just because I made that observation on about reall CORR trucks doesn't mean I touched the camber because I didn't, and that contradicts what you said about suspension. Camber is not suspension. Look guy whoever or whatever someone may have told you is either shit or you might be making it up. Either way this is getting old. I'm just someone trying to have fun with toy cars and thats it. I wasn't there when you had you baby fit over loosing but that to me doesn't sound like someone with good sportsmanship and its probably just the beginning of pattern behavor. I mostly kept to myself at the track anyway but I guess this season I for sure won't even say hi to anybody since people turn on you like this. Hopefully I can just buy a piece of land where my wife and I can build our own track so we don't have to deal with gayass focking shit like this.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Just because I made that observation on about reall CORR trucks doesn't mean I touched the camber because I didn't, and that contradicts what you said about suspension. Camber is not suspension. Look guy whoever or whatever someone may have told you is either shit or you might be making it up. Either way this is getting old. I'm just someone trying to have fun with toy cars and thats it. I wasn't there when you had you baby fit over loosing but that to me doesn't sound like someone with good sportsmanship and its probably just the beginning of pattern behavor. I mostly kept to myself at the track anyway but I guess this season I for sure won't even say hi to anybody since people turn on you like this. Hopefully I can just buy a piece of land where my wife and I can build our own track so we don't have to deal with gayass focking shit like this.
"I beat your SC8 with a box stock Hyper 10SC and a $20 Nimh battery numious times"

"believe I only had the chance to race twice and one of those times my truck gave me problems"

"I don't see why I'm the focal point of your bullshit"

That is why. As far as sportsman? Really? Just remember when you talk shit about the track owner, other people and what not it will get around.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

"I beat your SC8 with a box stock Hyper 10SC and a $20 Nimh battery numious times"

"believe I only had the chance to race twice and one of those times my truck gave me problems"

"I don't see why I'm the focal point of your bullshit"

That is why. As far as sportsman? Really? Just remember when you talk shit about the track owner, other people and what not it will get around.
Just look at the way you are trashing me and you trashed mx51. I did beat you with that exact setup and I did only race twice. Me and mx51 spent several days this year working on the track and all you did was bitch about it but never attempted to help.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Just look at the way you are trashing me and you trashed mx51. I did beat you with that exact setup and I did only race twice. Me and mx51 spent several days this year working on the track and all you did was bitch about it but never attempted to help.
I'm not trashing anyone. I posted a smart ass response to MX's posts and he knew I was going to do it because he called me about what he said. I called him after my post and spoke to him after as well. I wasn't the one who started the thread. If you read through it you can clearly see who drew first blood here. Never took a swipe at you until you chimed in here and said you beat me multiple times. I never bitched about the track only the mods that were done to it without the consent of the track owner that didn't make sense. The track owner also bitched about the same thing. In fact that is why there is going to be no "club" at the track and the track owner is going to run it how he wants and design it how he wants. Also let's not forget the mystery Redcat skate track barn champion chiming in as well. Reread the thread and see what happened.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

WOW!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

I volunteered to help with the track and Andy accepted my help. The truth is the track needs a machine building instead of shovels and wheelbarrows. I don't know about running in a skate park because it sounds hard on parts but I wouldn't mind checking out this barn some time. Hell I'd even pay $5 each time if its heated. I'm done with this arguement, its not getting anything acomplished and the situation isn't any better. I'm not sure who else is working against me but if people hate me that much I doubt I'll go to the westgate this coming year.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Come on guys, play nice.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
WOW!!!!!!!!
X2!!