Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
what i thought about INTEGY SET-UP STATION. >

what i thought about INTEGY SET-UP STATION.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what i thought about INTEGY SET-UP STATION.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pballer2777
i also have this set up station but i have one question. i have been trying to set ride height with it but the station bring the car higher than if it was on the tires. so should i set the ride height on the table with the tires on then use the station to set the other adjustments?
i set ride height first not on the stand. cut set up blocks out of wood or if you have servo boxes(the plastic ones) mine are 28mm which is my ride height and i just use 2 of them. what tracks do u go to? im 10 min from jo jos but i dont use them as a shop at all, i use abslute.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by we go hard
i set ride height first not on the stand. cut set up blocks out of wood or if you have servo boxes(the plastic ones) mine are 28mm which is my ride height and i just use 2 of them. what tracks do u go to? im 10 min from jo jos but i dont use them as a shop at all, i use abslute.
i go to trax70 and hobby hut. hitting motorama in a few wks. is ur name henry? or is henry ur friend?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

no my name is travis. i will be at motorama as well.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have the integy as well it works good once you fiqure out how to use it. Comes with no intructions. Went to the hudy site to get some general tips. Iam no pro but it sure makes it easy to set up after you make a change.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyM
If you go the plexiglass route make sure to get at least 3/8" thick or it will flex. Which will defeat the purpose of a set up board.. I just ordered one of these: Acrylic Set-up board. Mine will have my name and set up markings shipped to Oklahoma for $62..

I have the Integy set up station as well. I have yet to use it as I got it at the end of last season and haven't started setting up cars for the up coming season yet. But it is just around the corner.. I traded some fuel for it, but had planned to buy it.. I know Integy has a bad rap from the stupid stuff they've sold in the past, but I believe they are trying to change their image. I have some of their power driver tips and they are outstanding.
When you get the board and start setting up you car. let us know how it goes. was thinking about the board but i was wondering if the set up station would slide around. i have only found two set up boards that work for bug/trug 455x570 hudy and the one your getting.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCworks216
When you get the board and start setting up you car. let us know how it goes. was thinking about the board but i was wondering if the set up station would slide around. i have only found two set up boards that work for bug/trug 455x570 hudy and the one your getting.
I will do.. I've sent payment, just waiting for it to be machined and shipped.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (96%+)

Why can't you measure your car at ride height from the center of the hub to the ground then measure the set up station the same way and adjust from their? For instance to get a 28mm ride height with your racing tires on you measure from the center of the hub to your setup board and get 29mm and the setup station pieces that bolt to the hub are 49mm from the center of the hub to the setup board. Can't you just put the car on the station and measure from the setup board to the chassis to make a "ride height" of 48mm so when you take it off the station and put wheels on it's set correctly? This would take some time at first but once you know the height difference you're golden in my thoughts anyway. Then you get to the track throw the car on the station set everything take it off slap wheels on and go, instead of put your wheels on measure, adjust, measure, adjust, pull wheels off, put the setup station on adjust everything else then take it off then put the wheels back on. Sounds like it'd save time doing it my way if it will work. Thoughts?
Old 02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (96%+)

Nevermind my idea wouldn't work.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Just got their offroad setup station for my 1/8 and believe it or not, the integy one is of much better quality than hudy. I compared it at the track, the guy pit next to me had the hudy and full set of tools. That he said he spent over $400 for all his hudy tools, the finishing on hudy is a bit rough and he didn't use it that much, the plexiglass top ruler chipped easily and had a lot of scratched marks. Integy Rules!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

from experience both setup stations are useless on setting up an off road car. with the numerous different tire wheel and foam combo your ride will continue to have different axle heights. yet when you put your buggy or truggy in station the axle bolts are always the same on the 4 corners. so unless what ever tire rim combo you are using is an identical match in wheel nut height you will never be accurate. save your money and get a camber gauge and ride height tool,,,and eyeball your toe settings. those stations work in onroad where the guys cut their tires the same all the time and precision is a must. in off road its not as critical as wasting your money for the setup station. thats my experience and my .02

this hobby is expensive enough use your money for better spending

and if you think I'm telling tall tales next give you go to an off road event with pro drivers look around. you won't see a setup station anywhere,,,,just ride height and camber gauges
Old 08-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

I´ve got the Integy Set-up station and love it. Its nothing to do at the track but i use it every time i rebuild my Moogen Truggy at home before a big race.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've got it. Picked it up unused from ebay with all the optional adapters for $60 shipped. I wouldn't use it at the track, I just use the Losi camber and ride height gauges there. But I do use it at home to check different measurements. I'll also use it when I do some on-road racing. Man for $60 to my door I'm not complaining. It's all aluminium and came with a nice storage bag. No instructions though, but if you're cluey it's not hard to get it all up and working.

Just one question, is there anything cheap and cheerful for measuring toe like the Losi ride height and camber gauges?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John.
Just one question, is there anything cheap and cheerful for measuring toe like the Losi ride height and camber gauges?
RPM Toe Gauge http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...M-Toe-In-Gauge
Old 08-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Cheers coneman. Thanks for that.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (99%+)

i just got one of these and really pissed off that there is no manual!! wtf is wrong with them. well the pictures helped me figure it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.