Wiki Posts
Search

How much does a Pro RC Driver make?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Ronda Drake
There are people in this world that flaunt their money that are really broke and then their are others that have money and down play what that have.

The pay scale is different for everyone in this industry and the longevity of any racers career is unpredictable.

Why does money matter if your profession is doing what you love and are so passionate about!

Enjoy while you can.......Nothing lasts forever
+1, well said, if people would worry about themselfs and not others, the world would spin much smoother
Old 01-12-2011, 04:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

To everybody freakin' out about that video on Youtube where Drake has made blah blah millions and whoever is making blah blah million...

READ THE COMMENTS BELOW THE VIDEO!

PCH... Pacific Coast Hobbies... The people who uploaded the video, ADMIT they exagerated on the numbers.

Use your brains people... You're talking NASCAR driver money when you get into Millions like that.

I'm sure the pros make a decent living, but NOTHING like some are trying to say.

You'll also notice that the higher paid individuals also tend to be part of the design team for new hardware from these manufacturers... NOT just drivers.

Lastly... Who the heck cares what they make? It's none of our business. As long as they are happy, can support their families, and enjoy what they do, thats all that matters.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bart_Banaan
Lamberto Collari (1:8 onroad 9-time world champion) maybe not make a million a year, but enough to buy himselve a Ferrari F430 to drive around.
Maybe because he has also engines and tracks named after him....

This makes me laugh!

One just because someone drives a high end vehicle people think that person makes millions off of racing rc cars!
Unless you know for a fact what or how that person earned his money, that person may have another business, Family money or invested their money smarter then others. you never know!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

damn i thought this was "how much a pro RC driver pays on their credit card every month?" thread
Old 01-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

IMHO.. Pro drivers have earned the money they make in a year in my opinion. If you look at the hours of practice and the hours spent away from home and the miles traveled over the world, they really worked for every bit of what they earned. For an example if you take how many hours they spend for there job in a year like practice,traveling,wrenching etc.. to make them to be a competitive Pro and you take there pay in a year and figure it up how much they make an hour for every hour spent im sure you would be shocked... You have to do it for the love of the sport not the money..
Old 01-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TXRC8racer
IMHO.. Pro drivers have earned the money they make in a year in my opinion. If you look at the hours of practice and the hours spent away from home and the miles traveled over the world, they really worked for every bit of what they earned. For an example if you take how many hours they spend for there job in a year like practice,traveling,wrenching etc.. to make them to be a competitive Pro and you take there pay in a year and figure it up how much they make an hour for every hour spent im sure you would be shocked... You have to do it for the love of the sport not the money..

you nailed it plus there never home around family and friends. Think living out of hotel rooms and suit cases. That gets old fast and all the jet lag. I bet its less then 5 bucks hr
Old 01-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There are people in this world that flaunt their money that are really broke and then their are others that have money and down play what that have.

The pay scale is different for everyone in this industry and the longevity of any racers career is unpredictable.

Why does money matter if your profession is doing what you love and are so passionate about!

I think Ronda summed up the old saying....

Go and do what you love, don't worry what you get paid, the money will follow.

Don't read that as you are guaranteed to make millions.
To put it in laymen terms if you are truly doing what you love, the money won't matter because its not the focus of your happiness.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the rev dont care what pro drivers are making cause the rev is going to win the powerball
Old 01-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Rev
the rev dont care what pro drivers are making cause the rev is going to win the powerball
you can have the powerball, I'll take the Mega..and we'll both get together and have a R/C team and still get our butts kicked on the track..
Old 08-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Did all the current pros grow up racing RC cars? We have all seen the fast 10 year old at the track.

I do not want to be a Pro driver this is a impossible dream, however I can wrench with the best!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well I'm not a pro and I'm broke.... If some one paid me to drive an Rc car then what would I do for fun???? Go back to breaking legs on dirt bikes??? Yay lol
Old 03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

When I was a kid, it was my dream to be exactly like either Masami Hirosaka, Joel Johnson, or Brian Kinwald. Reality hit. I'm nowhere near that good, nor will I ever be. Also, I think it's a very tough job, and I'd rather work in something where I can support my family. Very few people have the skills, connections, or marketability to be able to do that. If you love r/c, you're almost better off figuring what about it is you love (maybe it's designing parts, or maybe it's writing articles) and starting your own r/c company.

Look at Bob Novak. He created a real company with real revenues and can support not only his family, but many families on it. Good on him.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Rev
That's so stupid but its funny as he11.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

+1 well said...... Enjoy the ride while it last.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The worst part is when you are done you are done for the most part.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.