Wiki Posts
Search

new track layout idea's

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 151 RACN
bro... its my back yard, i have 2 1/2 acres i dont want to use my hole yard just some test and tune set up runs just finished with the cat moven dirt , looks like 70 by 60 is bigger then u think, plus its bigger then most racer have in ther back yard, wife gets to run her slash so she can get better racen... thank for the thoughts and ideas !!!!!
If u been racing mx then u know about goat trails, dont make them. My moto freinds and I built a track for buggys and its awsome because every section has different lines u can take. Its funny u said ur wife likes rc, mine hates the fact that I have been chooseing rc over riding. I think its a bunch of BS, I try to tell to tell her how much cheaper it is and that I wont get hurt anymore but she thinks that rc is just too dorky. stupid chicks
Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lanmine657
If u been racing mx then u know about goat trails, dont make them. My moto freinds and I built a track for buggys and its awsome because every section has different lines u can take. Its funny u said ur wife likes rc, mine hates the fact that I have been chooseing rc over riding. I think its a bunch of BS, I try to tell to tell her how much cheaper it is and that I wont get hurt anymore but she thinks that rc is just too dorky. stupid chicks
Must be the tight pants
Old 12-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bevofrancis
We built a couple tracks over the summer to practice on, and I would suggest no big jumps. It ruins everything when you have to deal with huge air, and there is only 4 or 5 people there running. Just keep it pretty simple, and make it fun and fairly easy to run on. Remember that you probably won't have hardly anyone there to flip your cars over when you crash.

Google sketchup works pretty good to once you figure it out. You can make 3D modles of the track to scale with it, and it will give you a better idea of what your jumps will look like. It ould really help when you start building because you will have the track on paper right in front of you.

Oh yea, and rent a tamper. It will really help in the long run to keep the track nice an smooth. It's worth the 70$ rental fee, and if you don't mess around you could do a track that size in a day with it.
I would take the topsoil you pushed off with the skidsteer and mix it in with the clay also. You will be blown away with how much dirt it takes to build jumps. I never got to try that last year, but that's what we are going to do this year, to try and stretch out our dirt a little more.
See that's a guy who knows what he's doing with clay, u sir can build some sweet a$$ smooth clay tracks that grew up well!

See for me, I build my tracks where I live, in the fn desert, iv made 8 tracks, my newest track has been so good to me that it's 2 years old now, it's crazy how I built it with a skit steer in probably 2 hours. I did fine packing after every rain n now it's built tuff where it doesn't get blown out but it's really bumpy!! It's actually the perfect mororcross style track, but I race supercross in 2 weeks haha so I'm changing it up now that it finally poured in Cali for a good bit. I'm thinking of going to more of a sx style track to help my rhythm out for when I ride. It will b sad to see my track go tho. It's been so good. I kinda wish I could plow the feild down next to it n built a new track there. It will be interesting to see If I could.

Edit. I'm gonna plow that dam field down n build my track next to my mx track. It's gonna b sikk haha.