Wiki Posts
Search

Worlds DVD - LiveRC

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All we want is an approximate date surely its not that hard

Last edited by davet323; 01-09-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ill wait. if it is good enough for versus then its probably going to be awesome
Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrozilla
ill wait. if it is good enough for versus then its probably going to be awesome
my man!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

were there any other camera's shooting at the worlds that were not shown on liverc that are going to be on the dvd and versus??
Old 01-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pitpop
they are trying to make this broadcast quality in order to show on Versus

WOOOW Really that would be awesome, then I can dvr it I just sawa commerical for traxxas last night watching the first AMA Supercross race of the season on speed I thought that was cool.I think with more of it getting into mainstream media it will keep getting bigger.

Has any of you seen the Movie "Carpet Racers"

Wel Thanks for the info on the DVD and I can't wait to get it.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hmm, well here i was thinking that the worlds dvd must be owned by everyone on the planet but me.. Looks like it should be out soon. Shame no one knows or will say anyhting. I would be anoyed also if i "pre ordered"

meh

Dave
Old 01-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So they are making this broadcast quality?
Dang I should just have waited and dvr'd it instead of spending my hard earned $

It would be nice for an update for those of us that preordered, but its not like it was a massive amount of $, I am just glad liverc exists, and support them in their endeavor!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default worlds dvd

Funny but I agree with both sides about this dvd. I agree that it takes time to make a quality product but I also agree that over 2 months is long enough to accomplish that. Just curious for those who say to wait let me ask you this, if you were to buy a product from say walmart would a 2 month wait be acceptable? Anyway I also ordered it and I don't mind the wait but I can understand those who are complaining.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Personally, just give me a down and dirty version right now. I don't care about Versus and studio quality, especially if I have to wait another month or two. And what's the deal with LiveRC not posting or responding to emails about a shipping date for the DVD? I believe many people had the 2008 DVD in their hands around the 20th of Jan, if not before.

http://www.myrcbox.com/?p=155

Last edited by nitroexpress; 01-13-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Personally, just give me a down and dirty version right now. I don't care about Versus and studio quality, especially if I have to wait another month or two. And what's the deal with LiveRC not posting or responding to emails about a shipping date for the DVD? I believe many people had the 2008 DVD in their hands around the 20th of Jan, if not before.

http://www.myrcbox.com/?p=155
Ok, they got the dvd around Jan 20 of 2009 right. The worlds were in October of 2008, so it took another month then you guys have given them. Things take time, but they should respond to emails.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

waiting is a part of pre-ordering other wise the word would not exist but it would not hurt to have a expected release date to help reassure
Old 01-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys,

All of the content for the DVD is finished and it is now in production. Barring any delays, the expected release date is January 20th. But like anything that needs to be produced through multiple channels, delays can happen.

The process will get quicker each time we do this. For those saying the 2008 DVD was out by now, remember...the race was held two months earlier. With all the cameras we shot with, we had 288 hours of footage to go through. As you may imagine, this takes countless hours and massive amounts of work to sort through, organize, decompress and form into a watchable sequence of video.

As for people who say they get no response to e-mails: Brandon has sent thousands of e-mails. Perhaps some get lost in the shuffle. Give him a day or three to get back to you, and if he doesn't, you can e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll try to handle your issue. But at this point, I would assume all e-mailers who are upset were inquiring about the DVD release date. There was no release date ever set. We have been working as hard as we can to make a quality product that is worthy of the money you spend, and all we could ever say was it will be done when it gets done. Let me assure you, this project has been worked on constantly from the time we got back from Thailand.

Unfortunately, Brandon does not have time to go on RCtech very often, so the chances of him finding this random thread and answering are slim to none. Hopefully my response helped answer some of your questions.

As for the rumors regarding on possibly TV airing: I assure you, the TV version (if it exists) would be nothing like the DVD. In fact, you could say it would probably take up enough resources and time as it would to make two DVDs at once. (hint hint) Either way, the time from race-to-release of this DVD will beat the '08 one. And we hope that each one from here on out will get faster and faster.

Thank you for your patience! The worlds DVD has a bunch of bonus stuff plus both full-semis (something the 2008 version did not have). It is pretty awesome, and I know you guys will enjoy it!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Thanks Eric for the update.

I had emailed Brandon about two hours ago and got a reply of the 20 Jan.

I want to thank you and brendon for all your efforts in the DVD.
Can't wait to see the racing .

Good luck on the next DVD...or even better blueray.

David Norden.

Originally Posted by Eric Swanson
Hey guys,

All of the content for the DVD is finished and it is now in production. Barring any delays, the expected release date is January 20th. But like anything that needs to be produced through multiple channels, delays can happen.

The process will get quicker each time we do this. For those saying the 2008 DVD was out by now, remember...the race was held two months earlier. With all the cameras we shot with, we had 288 hours of footage to go through. As you may imagine, this takes countless hours and massive amounts of work to sort through, organize, decompress and form into a watchable sequence of video.

As for people who say they get no response to e-mails: Brandon has sent thousands of e-mails. Perhaps some get lost in the shuffle. Give him a day or three to get back to you, and if he doesn't, you can e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll try to handle your issue. But at this point, I would assume all e-mailers who are upset were inquiring about the DVD release date. There was no release date ever set. We have been working as hard as we can to make a quality product that is worthy of the money you spend, and all we could ever say was it will be done when it gets done. Let me assure you, this project has been worked on constantly from the time we got back from Thailand.

Unfortunately, Brandon does not have time to go on RCtech very often, so the chances of him finding this random thread and answering are slim to none. Hopefully my response helped answer some of your questions.

As for the rumors regarding on possibly TV airing: I assure you, the TV version (if it exists) would be nothing like the DVD. In fact, you could say it would probably take up enough resources and time as it would to make two DVDs at once. (hint hint) Either way, the time from race-to-release of this DVD will beat the '08 one. And we hope that each one from here on out will get faster and faster.

Thank you for your patience! The worlds DVD has a bunch of bonus stuff plus both full-semis (something the 2008 version did not have). It is pretty awesome, and I know you guys will enjoy it!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Swanson
Hey guys,

THANK YOU Eric

This is all i wanted.
Someone from liverc to let me know what was going on.
I dont care about the wait.
Just wanted some info.
Thank you again

Cheers dave
Old 01-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

Can someone point me to a link to order the dvd. I had a look at liverc but could not find it. I guess I am going blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.