Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Durango DNX408T Truggy!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I burly got one I know im late but I got to say it has a greatt looking body!
Old 05-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can anybody share there go to set up for the dnx408t one that works most places. Thanks
Old 05-09-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello would this be a good place to start nitro truggies? I have only driven electric but have been really wanting to start to get into nitro.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I need some side driveshafts (The front ones bend pretty easy), anyone know where to get them?? Seems theyre backordered at amain and tower, red rock has not listed them on ebay.

Or has anybody fit HB ones? Someone said something about that before.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

really??

anyone??

what to do with a truck with no spare parts on the market...
Old 07-11-2014, 03:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Absolute Hobbyz have what you want in stock according to their webshop.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wombat
Absolute Hobbyz have what you want in stock according to their webshop.
+1...they seem to be the last place that has hard-to-find Durango parts in stock. I just got a tank last week from them...nobody else has them that I found.

Speaking of tanks...has anybody had a condition where their engine acted like it wasn't getting fuel once the tank got to about 1/4" of fuel left? I had this happen during a main on Sunday and ruined a good run. I thought something really bad was happening so I pulled it off, I guess I could have just had my pit person fill it up and I could have continued...although I would have had to pit every 6 minutes or so...I can normally do 9.

I took my carb apart and didn't find anything wrong...I submerged the tank in water and it didn't have any leaks. I put everything back together and ran it at home for a bit. Once the tank got to the 1/4" level it started acting funny again...almost like the engine is lean. When this happened yesterday it got progressively worse every lap, to the point where it wouldn't run full speed at all.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks wombat and lapdawg,

About the tank, the clunk may have been stuck at a higher level, its happened to me before. But not since I installed the HB tank, and I havent break it either, good upgrade from stock tank I might say.

I posted pics some pages back in this thread with the tank installed.

Last edited by nitromx; 07-20-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a new truggy and I REALLY like the looks of the 408T. I noticed that this thread hasn't seen any action for awhile and there is talk of parts not being in stock. I'm just wondering if there are some major problems with this truggy or maybe it's about to be replaced by a new version? Out of all the truggies on the market right now, this one LOOKS the most impressive. I love the aluminum bulkheads, The aluminum inserts for the pinion on the diffs, the spiral cut ring and pinion gears, and alot of other stuff. With no action in this thread and talk of parts not being available, I'm thinking this may not be the way to go. Whats up with Durango and their truggy?
Thnx, Micah
Old 09-23-2014, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anybody out there know anything about this truggy? Whats the story? I saw that I could pick up a new kit off Ebay for $450 with shipping included. Tower, Amain, and others still want top dollar for it. I just don't want to buy something that wont be supported with parts right after I buy it. As far as I can tell from reading through some of this thread there have been fuel tank issues [which seems to happen with alot of brands] and an issue with the center rear shaft wearing out a little quick because of the angle that it runs at. I'd be willing to deal with those issues as long as parts will be available.
Thnx, Micah
Old 11-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The funny part about all this shit thats been written about the 408t is that its sounds like most of the people having problems with it are f-ing tard carts. I mean really the mounting tab ears breaking off the tank. You have to be smarter then the piece of plastic your working with. Servos over heating. Well if you had half a brain you would have seen that when building the kit and once again used your pea brain to over come it with shimming it up off the chassis. Parts support are you people just stupid little kids or what. Towerhobbies / Absolute hobbies has every godamn part you want for the buggy and truggy. And its all in stock. Jesus christ i wonder where some of your heads are at. Godamn coat tail riders. Here's why say this. Somebody on tech started some shit about how you should never ever use old fuel especially if its been opened and stored on concrete. Well guess what thats complete bull shit i used 2 gallons of Byron's that had been opened stored in a garage sitting on the concrete floor for 2 years just to see if any of the shit i read had any truth to it. And like i thought its bull shit i ran it in all my modded engines and had no issues at all not one problem. You might lose a little of the nitro content maybe. If the cap is tight its good. So for me i could care less if Ryan couldn't get parts support from Durango i am buying the truggy this week from Tower for $599 - $66 for the coupon and free shipping. And buying all my spares i think i'll need for next season. I mean look at the way its designed that truggy is simply bad ass and i can't wait to whip my buddys asses with it . There all goin with the Mbx7ts . I have a 6t and love it but man that Durango is a must-have for me. They have all read this thread and are scared to buy one. There haten on it pretty bad. So it will be even more sweeter when its smacking there asses on the track which it will.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blacksunshine
The funny part about all this shit thats been written about the 408t is that its sounds like most of the people having problems with it are f-ing tard carts. I mean really the mounting tab ears breaking off the tank. You have to be smarter then the piece of plastic your working with. Servos over heating. Well if you had half a brain you would have seen that when building the kit and once again used your pea brain to over come it with shimming it up off the chassis. Parts support are you people just stupid little kids or what. Towerhobbies / Absolute hobbies has every godamn part you want for the buggy and truggy. And its all in stock. Jesus christ i wonder where some of your heads are at. Godamn coat tail riders. Here's why say this. Somebody on tech started some shit about how you should never ever use old fuel especially if its been opened and stored on concrete. Well guess what thats complete bull shit i used 2 gallons of Byron's that had been opened stored in a garage sitting on the concrete floor for 2 years just to see if any of the shit i read had any truth to it. And like i thought its bull shit i ran it in all my modded engines and had no issues at all not one problem. You might lose a little of the nitro content maybe. If the cap is tight its good. So for me i could care less if Ryan couldn't get parts support from Durango i am buying the truggy this week from Tower for $599 - $66 for the coupon and free shipping. And buying all my spares i think i'll need for next season. I mean look at the way its designed that truggy is simply bad ass and i can't wait to whip my buddys asses with it . There all goin with the Mbx7ts . I have a 6t and love it but man that Durango is a must-have for me. They have all read this thread and are scared to buy one. There haten on it pretty bad. So it will be even more sweeter when its smacking there asses on the track which it will.
I agree, The only problem i had ever had with the truggy was the tank tab closest to the clutch breaking. Nothing shoe-goo couldn't fix. Got a updated tank and thats all she wrote. My buddy Lawn darted the truck off a front double into a cinder-block lined pit wall. couple scratches, but no breaks, and no bends
surprised the crap outta me... The DNX408T is a tank,
only problem i'm contemplating is buy the current 408T or painfully wait for the new DNX8T.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

I've been driving my dnx408t for two years and still haven't broke anything. Defiantly a super tuff truck.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Actually, when I posted asking about this truggy there were a lot of parts out of stock at Tower and other online stores. I know this because I checked. Then I had people telling me this truck has been discontinued. There's nothing worse than having something you can't get parts for. I know this because years ago Horizon had a new brand called Sportwerks. I bought their 8th scale stuff, I liked it, then Horizon got rid of the brand and the parts disappeared. I still like the 408t but I'm not spending $600 only to find out it's being replaced by something else and when the parts are gone there gone.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So you don't even own the truck yet and your talking all this shit to defend it when you have know idea? Now that's having your head shoved up your ass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.