Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Soo...how much will the next kyosho cost... >

Soo...how much will the next kyosho cost...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soo...how much will the next kyosho cost...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Kyosho has won 2 of the last 3 worlds and they still can't sell kits in the US market for one reason- Price. The last time they won a worlds, everyone bought Losi's.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
its not that I am a "cheap ass" I have had every car on the market..and can buy whatever I want money is not the issue..but the HB does just fine for me for 1/3 of the price. this hobby is already a money pit I run the cheapest carD8 and one of the cheapest engines werks...and I hold my own just fine I do not say I am the fastest but I do just fine and have fun.

R/C car are not my ONLY hobbys...I also drag race snowmobiles, ride dirt bikes and quads...as well as have nice 1.1 vehicles...and like to keep money in the bank not play with toy cars off of a credit card debt
Honestly....I am totally confused as to why I do NOT see more D8's out there. Jesse Robbers, Tessman and Hara have shown it is a proven platform. I bet if they would have raised the price on the Hara Edition it would have sold more. I honestly believe it gets over looked since it is less expensive. Sounds Crazy, but it just looks that way because you do not see to many of them and it Won the 2008 worlds??
Old 11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i originally over looked the d8 in the past based on price, after i tried everyother car out there, i decided to try one and found that i really liked it, thats what i run now
Old 11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

yes the D8 is over looked due to the price being "low" its hard to argue with a win in 08 and 2nd this yr. less than 2 secs back! in a hour long main...
Old 11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Kyosho has won 2 of the last 3 worlds and they still can't sell kits in the US market for one reason- Price. The last time they won a worlds, everyone bought Losi's.
I have to agree to disagree....... I think the bigger reason is availability of parts. I think more people would be apt to get a Kyosho if they new that parts were readily available in more LHS's and online shops. Price I'm sure is part of the lack of Kyosho sales in the US, but I think availability might be a bigger issue.

In any event the Kyosho MP9 is a great car..... worth $900? To some yes, to some no. The car is probably the best out of the box without having to buy any hop ups at all as far as overall aggressiveness, stability, adjustibility and traction.

Last edited by hopsing; 11-23-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by hopsing
I have to agree to disagree....... I think the bigger reason is availability of parts. I think more people would be apt to get a Kyosho if they new that parts were readily available in more LHS's and online shops. I drive for Kyosho and have a hard time at sometimes getting parts direct from Kyosho America I can only imagine what it would be like trying get stuff as non sponsored driver through A-main or Infernos Only when they are out of stock of something. Price I'm sure is part of the lack of Kyosho sales in the US, but I think availability might be a bigger issue.

In any event the Kyosho MP9 is a great car..... worth $900? To some yes, to some no. The car is probably the best out of the box without having to buy any hop ups at all as far as overall aggressiveness, stability, adjustibility and traction.

+1 thats what i been saying i wish kyosho whould maybe listen to us club racers and get parts in lhs and more online shops.

the constant upgradeing after 4 or less mouths on there 1/8 scale is what makes it a pain for any lhs or online shops to get parts i dont why they just dont wait intill a year before they change things.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My LHS cannot get Kyoshos as he says they are a direct market only.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Move on!

This is so old, and done to death.

Results speak for themselves.

As far as upgrading their kit every 4 months, what the hell are you talking about? . The TKI2 is the first update of this car in 2 years, yes they have developed new/better parts during that time, but it's not a new car.

The ST-RR just won the ROAR Truck championships, it is probably the oldest, (but still best) truck available, and continues to set the benchmark.

Think what you like, and continue to get beaten by Kyosho, their record IS the envy of every 1/8 manufacturer out there.

Quit whinging about it, if you dont want to buy it, Dont! Remember that the world is bigger than the USA. Granted, the USA would be the biggest individual market, but not bigger than the rest of the world.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
TKI2 is ur answer. That is the newst buggy they have and just came out around worlds practice time, now Cody is the worlds champ with the TKI2. So the buggy that was ran at that race all kyosho guys were running that buggy. Price is hight around $900 but if you got the money it seems to be a kiler ride.
The car he ran was not a TKI2. Plus at 900 bucks, to get the car like he had, you have to spend more money getting it the same since they all did the battery mod that AE did 2 years ago.

My understanding was he was running the TKI1 front tower, and a couple other parts from the previous car.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007

thats the thing that i dont understand with them and xray.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
+1 thats what i been saying i wish kyosho whould maybe listen to us club racers and get parts in lhs and more online shops.

the constant upgradeing after 4 or less mouths on there 1/8 scale is what makes it a pain for any lhs or online shops to get parts i dont why they just dont wait intill a year before they change things.
The MP9 hasnt had any major revisions that really warrant a consumer buying a whole new car every time one comes out...all the new stuff is doable as piece by piece updates. BUT getting those parts is the hard part, the problem has been that the updated car comes out, and the individual parts arent available separately for a while.

There are some things kysoho could do to get more LHS's to carry their parts, but the LHS's also need to be willing to take a chance with the brand. I think there is a double edged sword really, the LHS's dont want to do what Kysoho wants, and Kyosho doesnt want to do what the LHS wants so things dont happen. MAYBE if more shops would step up and take the plunge into Kyosho, then maybe Kyosho would work on making it more beneficial for the shops to carry the brand...

I love my Kyosho stuff, I wish that more shops carried the brand...I've heard so many people say that if parts were more readily available they would try Kyosho out.

Last edited by hopsing; 11-23-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default It's the same car!

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
The car he ran was not a TKI2. Plus at 900 bucks, to get the car like he had, you have to spend more money getting it the same since they all did the battery mod that AE did 2 years ago.

My understanding was he was running the TKI1 front tower, and a couple other parts from the previous car.
about $5 at best doing the battery mod! Also, Cody's was a TKI2, with a hard shock tower because of the concrete track, it's called being prepared to finish.

MP9's are MP9's, the only major change has been the medium rear shock tower, and medium rear shocks, released on the SE and TKI2, anything else has been minor improvements for even more adjustablility and longevity. Ask pitpop what car cody was running!
Old 11-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigedmond

He was running a TKI2.......it had different towers that were a little different only in that they were less prone to bending and they were specifically done just for the worlds, the geometry was the same...I think Jared had a different rear tower with an extra row of camber link holes but he was using the holes that are current. (the current towers are fine and have proven themselves to be plenty strong...I've been on my lid plenty of times to prove that ), the battery was moved forward with his own mount (a few bucks worth of parts?) but it isnt necessary, personal preference for those drivers doing it. He also ran some camber links that had some "beefed up" plastic and stronger suspension holders supposedly....all stuff that is not needed and were specific to the worlds "just because".

Old 11-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Have they called Kyosho? There shouldnt be any issue for them, Kyosho has a minimum order policy, but a kit should cover that easy. Even a good parts order would cover it especiall at Kyosho prices! . Maybe they dont want to order because of freight charges eating into their profit margin? Tell them you'll pay the freight on it (this is actually one of the issues i've heard of why more shops dont carry the K brand is because they dont want to pay for freight on parts that they will be stocking when they can get stuff from their other distributors freight free).
Old 11-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
Have they called Kyosho? There shouldnt be any issue for them, Kyosho has a minimum order policy, but a kit should cover that easy. Even a good parts order would cover it especiall at Kyosho prices! . Maybe they dont want to order because of freight charges eating into their profit margin? Tell them you'll pay the freight on it (this is actually one of the issues i've heard of why more shops dont carry the K brand is because they dont want to pay for freight on parts that they will be stocking when they can get stuff from their other distributors freight free).
That would be great, but I would HATE to pay NY taxes on 900 dollars. that is IF he would even put the MP9 TKI2 at that price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.