Wiki Posts
Search

Sabotage??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8daBOMB
I think you guys are missing the point. The sabotage may not have been to screw up his motor, maybe just to displace fuel in an attempt to lower his fuel mileage, thus wrecking his race with a flameout. 100's of aluminum fragments would take up A LOT of space. Think about it. Real bummer for him though
Seems like a real round about way to remove capacity. If you wanted to do that, why use something so small?? Why not drop a couple marbles into the tank or something??

I'm believing less and less that anything actually happened.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC8daBOMB
I think you guys are missing the point. The sabotage may not have been to screw up his motor, maybe just to displace fuel in an attempt to lower his fuel mileage, thus wrecking his race with a flameout. 100's of aluminum fragments would take up A LOT of space. Think about it. Real bummer for him though
Doesn't seem like such a clever way to tamper with someone's rig, assuming that's even what happened. If someone really wanted to do damage, they could've just poured sugar in there, which would have caused way more damage and be much harder to detect visually. Either someone was a poor saboteur, or this is a publicity stunt in poor taste.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
Doesn't seem like such a clever way to tamper with someone's rig, assuming that's even what happened. If someone really wanted to do damage, they could've just poured sugar in there, which would have caused way more damage and be much harder to detect visually. Either someone was a poor saboteur, or this is a publicity stunt in poor taste.
Maybe they didn't have sugar with them . And I would think that the aluminum would be hard to see as it reflects the colors that are around it.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Seems like a real round about way to remove capacity. If you wanted to do that, why use something so small?? Why not drop a couple marbles into the tank or something??

I'm believing less and less that anything actually happened.
LMAO....marbles....
Old 11-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Me and my friend Lance were talking about this today.

However Lance had somthing very simmaler happen to him.

Fuel filter pops off the fuel tube in taink

Motor starts to run funny.

Inspects taink and lines

finds small metal particles just the same as in the photos.

end result..... the aluminum covering on the fuel he purchased from the 1 gal bottle top.

Small shavings fell inside when he poked a hole in the top.

small and flexable to go through the fuel line and get stuck in the carb.

I think Neo Buggy blew it up into something bigger than it was!
Old 11-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Or maybe you just need an excuse for not being able to win the worlds?
Old 11-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

this doesnt make any sense at all, how in the hell wouldn't you notice 100 aluminum shavings inside your fuel tank?
Old 11-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Like everyone else said how did that piece metal get past the fuel clunk or filter. By the looks of the piece metal it would be hard for it to travel the length of the fuel line with out getting stuck in the line.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
RB has a metal fuel gun. Maybe they just opened a new one and put fuel in it, then put the fuel in the tank and the shaving were there.
rb has a metal engine too.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
My grandpa once told me, "Don't beleive anything you hear and only half of what you see!".
I don't believe you.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bentgear
Or maybe you just need an excuse for not being able to win the worlds?
That might be the case if it had been reported AFTER the main but at the time, he was in with a chance to win.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Theme song for this thread:

Old 11-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
rb has a metal engine too.
+1 some thing happened in the motor and they said some one put shavings in the tank so it wouldn't make RB look bad
Old 11-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Metal in tank

Well, I looked at the pictures again and I don't know about you guys,but, when was it the last time you saw aluminum pieces look like those. They were curled up like they came from something that was shaved from either a lathe or a mill.

Those pieced didn't come from a fuel bottle. When you break open a fuel bottle, you don't get curled (several layers thick) of aluminum. Also, look at the thickness of the aluminum. This isn't just your ordinary piece of aluminum.

The aluminum isn't shinny or smooth. I'd say it's not from anything like a new bottle of fuel or a fuel gun or anything normally used when fueling.

Anyway... Whatever happend, Other than screwing with Renos head, if it was caught, the car was fixed.

I also would think the sad part of it all is if he had an engine running right, it would suck having to fall to a backup engine that might not have been fully tested. I'd like to see the 1 hour main to resolve this issue as to where he was in the race. I was watching Liverc and fell asleep waiting for the 5 minute time to kick in. (don't have an account) Also, liveRC apparently dropped offline. I lost a full connection so I could not even see the score board.. (Again, I fell asleep and didn't even hear the advertisements)
Old 11-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Initiate

this is soo lame how this could happen on rc racing..this isnt formula 1 guys..
was he using a fuel filter or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.