Wiki Posts
Search

Sabotage??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Well, I looked at the pictures again and I don't know about you guys,but, when was it the last time you saw aluminum pieces look like those. They were curled up like they came from something that was shaved from either a lathe or a mill.

Those pieced didn't come from a fuel bottle. When you break open a fuel bottle, you don't get curled (several layers thick) of aluminum. Also, look at the thickness of the aluminum. This isn't just your ordinary piece of aluminum.

The aluminum isn't shinny or smooth. I'd say it's not from anything like a new bottle of fuel or a fuel gun or anything normally used when fueling.

Anyway... Whatever happend, Other than screwing with Renos head, if it was caught, the car was fixed.

I also would think the sad part of it all is if he had an engine running right, it would suck having to fall to a backup engine that might not have been fully tested. I'd like to see the 1 hour main to resolve this issue as to where he was in the race. I was watching Liverc and fell asleep waiting for the 5 minute time to kick in. (don't have an account) Also, liveRC apparently dropped offline. I lost a full connection so I could not even see the score board.. (Again, I fell asleep and didn't even hear the advertisements)
I think he was running about 7th when his servo failed, and Cody, Atsushi, and Jared were all but checked out at that point.. So, it wasn't like he was really on race pace. And since the servo failed, it is a mute point..
Old 11-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

I am sure the car was locked up at night. Unless they forgot it on the pit lane all night.( all by itself) for someone to play with. I dont believe any of this crap.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After reading all 6 pages, If you remember his vehicle wasent even available for showing for the driver introductions in the begining as he only brought out his body and wing.. What was going on with the car? The others from the same heat were ready to go.

Second me and a friend of mine were talking... the shavings could also be from a poor exhaust pipe and some of the machining shavings may have flowed through the line into the tank.

Just opinions..

Its all speculation without any final truth to the story and there may never be any true answers.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The photo that was taken of the shavings from his tank.Has been removed from Neo Buggy.Has any body have a copy of it please.If you could post it here or send it to my PM that would be great.Thank's
It was a great race for the winner and all drivers.
Also a great drive from Kyle McBride congrat's
Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

its the teams respondsibility to check the car before the race. enough said.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You guys writing off Renaud as a threat shows how biased you are. Remember this guy finished 3rd at the last worlds, is a 3 time euro champion, and 3 time national champion, current Australian champion. He spent a year living and racing in Australia, taking a young driver under his wing, and teaching him race craft, all at 23 years of age. He was certainly a chance at that level.

Now I'm not suggesting that any foul play has occured, but before the Race, Savoya was certainly a chance, you dont make a WC final without having a chance of winning.

By the way, that young driver, Kyle McBride, 14 year old aussie kid weekend racer, took the world by storm I'd suggest. If anyone hadn't heard of him before, they sure would have by now
Old 11-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
You guys writing off Renaud as a threat shows how biased you are. Remember this guy finished 3rd at the last worlds, is a 3 time euro champion, and 3 time national champion, current Australian champion. He spent a year living and racing in Australia, taking a young driver under his wing, and teaching him race craft, all at 23 years of age. He was certainly a chance at that level.

Now I'm not suggesting that any foul play has occured, but before the Race, Savoya was certainly a chance, you dont make a WC final without having a chance of winning.

By the way, that young driver, Kyle McBride, 14 year old aussie kid weekend racer, took the world by storm I'd suggest. If anyone hadn't heard of him before, they sure would have by now

You ar so right there.You just dont get a free ride to the Worlds you have to work and drive hard to get to that point in racing.If Renaud didnt have them problems he would have given them a good run for the money.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Being on my way back from the worlds right now (Bangkok airport) and having been mechanic for a car that was in the finals I will say that it is highly unlikely that this happened. First off the finals day the mechanics are bussy re building the car for almost the whole day. Second there was a practice session for all of the drivers that made the semi. Then there was a 30 minute semi that needs to be raced. Then once the cars came back from tech each and every cars was basically given a thorough work over by the mechanics again and there was only 2 hours to do this. So I'm not seeing how q car would even be left un attended long enough for this to even happen. Add to that the pit areas are rather tight and your usually sittnig around your friends/country men who I highly doubt will just allow some one to walk up and start messing with a persons car. Plus I'm thinking that if to were to sabotage some ones car it would be one of the more likely candidates to win the event i.e. Mayfield, Tebo etc.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

maybe a way to keep your name in the news.. after someone else wins

Last edited by rokitman; 11-15-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

he posted on a french forum a couple of hours ago...

he said they spotted the shavings before athe semi in the chunk of fuel tube that was going from the FILTER to the CARB... ie sone swapped the fuel tubing chunk intentionnally. Not coming from the tank...

He ran the semi and made it to the A in the second half of the pack. You know how nervous you are when you ask for 5mns right before your club main starts and then you have to drive and struggle to regain your composure? Then imagine what nerves of steel this guy has as he takes the start of a Worlds semi right after his car was tampered with malevolently, and he still makes the A-main against world-class drivers . Then he dropped to 12th right after the start and he was making his way back up (try going back from 12th to 7th in a worlds event in a few minutes) and then the servo went poof, which is a shame as at the time he had the second best lap time behind Hara. He said that's pure bad luck and sh!t happens.

I don't know the guy personnally but all that do say he's a class act... I don't think that's a publicity stunt... he's got better things to do don't you think?

Paul

Last edited by Lonestar; 11-15-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Looks just like a bad publicity stunt IMO.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

We will just have to wait till savoya makes a statement of it all i think.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

i can't comment on the shaving incident as i was neither there or have heard any relevant first hand information about it so for now its a mystery

however i will respond to the people who casually write Renaud off as a no hoper in that final by saying he got there through the merit of his driving & was sidelined by a mechanical failure with some very fast laptimes under his belt. he is the real deal

no doubt you guys will find this out as he's now moved to the USA & will be competing regularly on a track near you. i look forward to seeing a new name up near the top in any race reports
Old 11-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supercross
however i will respond to the people who casually write Renaud off as a no hoper in that final by saying he got there through the merit of his driving & was sidelined by a mechanical failure with some very fast laptimes under his belt. he is the real deal
That's why we are writing him off. He suffered a problem that had nothing to do with the shavings so he was NOT a factor in the main, sabotage or not. No one is saying he isn't fast and didn't deserve to be there, just that it didn't matter in the end.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbkym01

100% agree!!!!!Some of the guys think he just made it up this?!Why would he screw himself right before the semi ?!When this is the race what he ever wanted to win.Takes like 10 sec to pull the fuel line off and inject the mess in it and put back the line!Nobody said the fragments made it through the filter!They puted fragments to the tank and they stuffed trash to the line to !To be sure about the damage !The whole sabotage take like 20 sec!There is plenty people who doesn't like him and they envious....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.