Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Will you buy the Winning Manufacturer Car After the Worlds? >

Will you buy the Winning Manufacturer Car After the Worlds?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will you buy the Winning Manufacturer Car After the Worlds?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We should all come to the final conclusion it doesnt always have much to do with the car more than it does the drivers.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No, i already have a losi. and i dont even run it either.

R
Old 10-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
U must not have read a single page in the lutz thread.. they are all just like you. They're rooting for a friend, a lot of those guys have seen or met him and know how good of a guy he is.. that's y he got so much attention. Just like how u for your friends.
I didn't mean it like that. I was just as curious as the next guy to see where he went and of course I wish him all the best and hope he kicks butt with Durango but you have to admit that allot of those posts sounded like groupie fanboys who were like " OMG Where will Ryan go!!?? I guess my post was a little offensive and for that I apologize
Old 10-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

no i wouldnt buy the winning car as it the drivers ability that wins the race not the car .90% driver 10% car and the most important is luck
Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I dont see how people could do that. I can understand people buying the hotbodies d8 especially if you are just entering the hobby and want a good kit at a cheap price worth racing, but most of these pro drivers can drive anything they put their hands on so to me the Worlds really has no influence on what buggy to b. For normal weekend warriors such as my self, I just look for a buggy that feels good to me and has good build quality.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Answer: >>>>>> WAY NO !

I agree on 99.9 % is driver capabilities............any car is pretty much the same..........

Switching to a WC car doesn't means you gonna be one............just the SENSE of belonging to a WC status...........
Old 10-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I always wanted to see....

A really old buggy win. Like a tamiya Grasshopper or a Kyosho Vanning. It would be cool for a pro racer to drive something super old and win. They would say, "thanks to my sponsor ehm, oh yeah, my dad bought me this car like when I was 13..... Still runs great.....Thanks dad.....
Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Hmm.

Whatever wins, it won't change how I am. I'm not the one getting a paycheck..

I'll stick with my trusty Mugen products. I've had them since the Super Athelete. Works for me.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Whatever wins, it won't change how I am. I'm not the one getting a paycheck..

I'll stick with my trusty Mugen products. I've had them since the Super Athelete. Works for me.
And how long has that been???
Old 10-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
no, buts theres always the chance that I already own it

A D8?
Old 10-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Nope....gonna run what I've already got my eye on
Old 10-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Nope. I tried Losi and Mugen and I'll be sticking with Mugen. I love the way it drives!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Nope, I'll stick with what I have gotten used to driving. I didn't switch to Hot Bodies because Hara won the Worlds, I switched because both vehicles and parts are affordable (not cheapo Frankie!) and HB very smartly made many parts interchangeable between buggy & truggy thereby reducing my overall investment in spare parts.

It's always fun to watch the drama as it unfolds and to see which drivers and products excel, but this year I'm cheering for Ryan Lutz simply because he's an incredible ambassador for this sport and an excellent role model for all racers!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Will i buy the car that wins, no. Will other people, absolutely. Thats why the manufacturers spend so much money on these races. Winning them ensures a good/great year of sales and mulitple top 10 finishes will help even more.

I don't think a really old buggy could win in todays races, the technology has changed so dramatically i would be shocked if a grasshopper didn't finish last in a race in todays world. Jumps have gotten much bigger, tracks are more technical and etc. Tracks of today hardly resemeble the tracks of 20 years ago. And just that alone would make it near impossible for any of the really old rigs to complete.

I run what i run because i like them. Theres an endless list of reasons why i've chosen what i have, but in the end i'm happy and thats all that matters. I have never been one to chase brands, i just find what i like and go with it. Any of the top cars can compete in the hands of the right driver.

What i find to be funny is when someone says that a certain brand of car doesn't "fit" their driving style. With an endless amount of possible setups and tweaks, every car can drive however you want it. It just takes some tweaking and abit of innovation on the part of the mechanic to get things how you want them to be.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Only if it's a tyco.
your joking, but tyco was out before all of them i wonder whythe remote control guys from tyco never left the company and started a rc car company? instead of all the credit going to the kyosho boys for starting it all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.