What will Lutz Drive next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What will Lutz Drive next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Tamiya America now have British Driver Lee Martin using their car at the Worlds. he's been the top British guy at a few big meetings & won both the 2wd & 4wd European Championships this year using TRF tenth scale buggys!
he is driving really well at the moment
he gets married this weekend too so good luck with that Lee & Liz
Old 10-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

WHAT WILL LUTZ DRIVE NEXT?....NOT LEE!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
WHAT WILL LUTZ DRIVE NEXT?....NOT LEE!
good point
Old 10-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

yeah i can read,
people were speculating on the Tamiya cars future & i was just pointing out they had a new driver

as for the Lutzinator, i'd love to see him driving THE car

guess we'll all find out later
Old 10-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As said before... Poor Lee.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
As said before... Poor Lee.
Yeah... poor Lee... getting MARRIED? What was he thinking?
Old 10-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smokinu
haha i like how people are all saying the Trf cars are crap now that Ryan has parted ways..
Originally Posted by deadmancourt
YEAH...WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE DOESNT LIKE THE TRF CARS?...I HAVE ONLY SEEN THEM RUN AND NEVER DROVE 1..BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY WERE NICE CARS.....I USED TO OWN A NITRAGE I HAD A BOX OF CENTER DIFF GEARS ASWELL
I guess for those who say that TRF cars are crap are the one's who've never really owned one. The 801x & 801xt may have some issues here and there just like any other brand out today.

When Ryan joined Tamiya/TRF USA, they finally had a US Pro Racer to represent the brand in the 1/8th nitro class in the US. Most of TRF's success is in the TC class in Asia and Europe.

Now that they signed Lee Martin to pilot the 801x platform in time for the upcoming worlds, we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out. Most likely TRF USA will supply Lee with all the new and existing option parts needed for his kits.

Ryan will do extremely well whoever he decides to go with and that brand will definetely benefit from him because of who he is as a person and as a PRO racer.

LESS THAN 5 HRS TO GO FOR THE DECISION.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Yeah... poor Lee... getting MARRIED? What was he thinking?
Not exactly what I meant, but....
Old 10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
JP4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

4 HOURS,240 MINUTES,and 14403 SECONDS
Old 10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
I guess for those who say that TRF cars are crap are the one's who've never really owned one. The 801x & 801xt may have some issues here and there just like any other brand out today.

When Ryan joined Tamiya/TRF USA, they finally had a US Pro Racer to represent the brand in the 1/8th nitro class in the US. Most of TRF's success is in the TC class in Asia and Europe.

Now that they signed Lee Martin to pilot the 801x platform in time for the upcoming worlds, we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out. Most likely TRF USA will supply Lee with all the new and existing option parts needed for his kits.

Ryan will do extremely well whoever he decides to go with and that brand will definetely benefit from him because of who he is as a person and as a PRO racer.

I was just always looking at the fact that they are a huge company and that car has not done well sales wise here. Whats wrong with it? Everyone seems to like Ryan. So why hasnt that car caught on in the US? People love to buy what the PROS run. But in 3 years here, I have not seen one TRF car. why?

RCTECH yall need a iphone app.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I was just always looking at the fact that they are a huge company and that car has not done well sales wise here. Whats wrong with it? Everyone seems to like Ryan. So why hasnt that car caught on in the US? People love to buy what the PROS run. But in 3 years here, I have not seen one TRF car. why?

Everyone I know who ran them stopped running them.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token

There are 4 or 5 of them running at my local tracks. These guys all bought into them and have been running them for the last 6-8 months or so. They break quite often.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I honestly dont much care who he runs for... he is an asset to any team he is a part of and a good "base" for what a pro driver should be.
but in all reality it would be nice to see what he could do with a "real"car lol

iphone app! lol thats awesome
Old 10-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ive read alot of these past post. Some make me wonder other have me amuzed. I got to watch Ryan run at CRCRC the past 2 years, and this summer at the Futaba nitro challenge were he won.
TRF seems like a nice buggy and truggy and why it hasnt caught on here in the states is beyond me. Lack of local hobby shops with parts would be my guess.
Were he goes I wish him the best. Hes one of the nicest guys on the rc circuit.
Now to make a guess at what he will run, Id toss a 10 spot on Mugen.
Glad to hear the little ones doing good, the wife too.
Just a few hours left...........

Last edited by nascardad24; 10-07-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: more info
Old 10-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRRobiso

i own a trf car was apart of the team and if you want know my oppion you can pm me i will not post to the public

as for lutz
it be mugen ae working there i wont say doing what i heard some really cool things or amain hobbies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.