Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra LX-One???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you are racing at the club level, or bashing in the park, pick the one with the best parts availability.

The differences between all of the top buggies won't be seen by you, and with proper setup and driving skill, just about any top buggy can hang with any other.

Pick up races at the local track, I've seen kids with 10 year old Ofna buggies hang with the Losi buggy drivers in some conditions.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The Hyper is a good racing buggy. It has a low Center of gravity and can be set up to be very competitive on the track. Because of its weight and durability you can drive it fast and it will be very stable. It is however going to be a pull start engine and have really bad servo's. You can get two brand new Hitech 120OZ servos for another $100 and then for $400 you have a race ready buggy. Over time you can upgrade slowly to a better engine, a starter box and the cheap Spectrum radio. Out of all the Ofna RTR's the hyper series is the best, followed by the Jammin. Stay away from the Picco, the 9.5 and the entire line of LX/Ultra as they are made for bashing with very high ground clearance/ride height
Old 09-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeremiah7191
Kman,
I see what you're saying and I agree that the Losi would be the superior way to go. I just don't have quite the budget to handle the Losi right now. Is the Jammin that much different?
i understand especially money right now,iwould go with the jammin because it has the adjustable shocks and also because the design is newer and more simple do maitenance on and will handle better because jammin is the racing develpement of ofna.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I have The LX and Picco, they are both heavy, but i like the Picco better the shocks are better and the diffs are better. The Picco buggy is similar the Jammin x1, they share a lot parts. I say get a D8.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the advice. I have used Hi-Tech servos on my TMaxx and they held up nicely. I figure for the extra $20 or so I will go with the Jammin'. Thanks again.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the advice. I have used Hi-Tech servos on my TMaxx and they held up nicely. I figure for the extra $20 or so I will go with the Jammin'. Thanks again.
great choice,you will not be disapointed with the buggy.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

OK, so I went to my LHS and was checking the price of the Jammin' and the guy tells me that it is discontinued by Ofna!!! What? Has anyone heard this or is this guy just blowin' smoke? I have found them at Amain and RCPlanet for around $299 and this guy tells me to jump on it before they are gone...anyone heard of them being discontinued?
Old 09-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

OK, so I went to my LHS and was checking the price of the Jammin' and the guy tells me that it is discontinued by Ofna!!! What? Has anyone heard this or is this guy just blowin' smoke? I have found them at Amain and RCPlanet for around $299 and this guy tells me to jump on it before they are gone...anyone heard of them being discontinued?
You didn't specify,he thought you meant the jammin x1 cr(original jammin)which is discontinued.Jammin just came out with this one about 7 months ago.Just try to support your local hobbyshop first before going to online.(nothing wrong with amainhobbies)
Old 09-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Here is the link from ofna.http://jamminproducts.com/x1rtr.htm and some more pictures.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The X1 and X1X have been discontinued. Not that big of an issue, because you'll find that most 1/8 scale parts from Ofna interchange with all other ofna buggies....Well about 80% of the parts anyway.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Stick with the Hyper line
Old 09-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Storydude1
The X1 and X1X have been discontinued. Not that big of an issue, because you'll find that most 1/8 scale parts from Ofna interchange with all other ofna buggies....Well about 80% of the parts anyway.
X1X is not discontinued.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok...
I told the LHS that I wanted the X1X...
I am not worried about it being discontinued, as it relates to parts, I am just concerned about still being able to get one!!

I will always go local before going online...it keeps my friends in business.

I saw the Jammin' website, but I didn't find a link to buy it...and no information about whether it was still available or not.

I thank all of you for your input. I guess I will have to see how it goes.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Rookie

I haven't heard anything about the X1X being discontinued. I have a hobby shop here in S.A and the jammin X1X is probably the most solid RTR out there with the hyper7 close behind. Bonus on the X1X is big bore shocks. Great value for money. Put CNC steering knuckles and better servos and you've got a bullet proof car.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wouts
I haven't heard anything about the X1X being discontinued. I have a hobby shop here in S.A and the jammin X1X is probably the most solid RTR out there with the hyper7 close behind. Bonus on the X1X is big bore shocks. Great value for money. Put CNC steering knuckles and better servos and you've got a bullet proof car.
Ok, so the word FROM OFNA is that they are simply out of stock and awaiting a new shipment from overseas. I have heard lots of good things about the Jammin' line. Now I just wish that we had a better club and track here in the Western Arkansas area! Would love to get into competing...but I guess I will make do.

Thanks for the info on the knuckles and servos. I think everyone has said the same thing about the servos...they must really "inhale vigorously".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.