Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have to switch fuel what fuel is the best

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trevor15308
ive tried all the fuel out there and i like sidewinder prototype and i like it the best, keeps my motors fresh ans clean of carbon. but fuel is fuel
Originally Posted by 99problems
You'll get 50 answers just close your eyes and pick one. Enie, minie, minnie, MOE!!

Nitrotane or Sidewinder 30% are my two choices
Exactly
Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Sidewinder ARMY will never let you down....
Old 09-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by infanterene
Have you tried Maxys fuel? Can't get anymore local than that.
I have like...2 years ago. Where are they at?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I personally run Sidewinder 30% Team Stryke (The Purple Stuff), but what's the best fuel?

IMO try and go with some local knowledge (ask local racers, not the hobby shop) and make sure you have a source that can provide you with fuel that is FRESH and in good condition.

We have a Hobbyshop here in the Twin Cities, MN area that has fuel on the shelf that is SEVERAL years old. Definately dont want to dump $30-40 on a gallon of fuel that is spoiled.

Reputation wise, just be aware that there may be more to the story. When I started racing Nitro here, I was running Sidewinder Worlds Blend, but had many of the locals tell me "That stuff is crap, so-in-so bought some of that from what's-his-name, and had all sorts of problems with it. That's why most of us run Byron's".

6 months later, the truth came out. The guy selling the stuff had several cases of it that he had left outside over the winter (in MN, we have temps that get down to -30F quite often in the winter). All the people that had issues with the Sidewinder fuel had fuel that come from those 3 cases.

Focus on a source that can provide you clean, fresh, and consistant fuel.

I have run O'donnell 30% Race, Blue Thunder 30% Race, Byron's 30%/9%, and Sidewinder 30% Stryke all with great results. I stick with the Stryke as it has given me the best mileage and lowest temps in my testing.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks. Guys for all your help l think lm going to go with Byrons
Old 09-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try S&W very clean and really keeps the wear down on the engines.... if ur racing try race blend 2 the sport blend is good if your just bashing, but the race blend 2 really keeps those temps in check and gives u more room to lean things out if you really need it.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

For mixing you will have to get some glass measuring cups get a 32oz one and a test tube style smaller one so you can add precise measures. After mixing my first few gallons I placed marks on an empty fuel bottle. I first add the oils then nitro and then top off the container to the gallon mark with methanol, after that just give it a hearty shake and you've got some nitro fuel!

I'm getting lots of pm's so here's the link to that worksheet:
http://tarzee.com/nitro1/FUELMIXING.xls

ps: Be sure to use safety goggles, gloves and keep a steady hand.

Originally Posted by Dredd
This sounds really cool, but to me it's kind of...well I suppose dangerous is the word I'm looking for. Let me explain. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't trust myself enough to measure the ingredients out 100%, and I don't have a safe place to store them either.

I guess if it works for you that's great.

On a side note.

Does anyone know the oil content in the Cold Fusion fuel? I didn't see it on the site. I see there is a Race Mod, Race, and RTR version in various Nitro %'s. So What is the difference, in terms of oil content between the Race and Race Mod? Anyone know?

Also if you could maybe tell me where I could find it in South Florida (I'm in Broward County). I'd love to support a local company (Cold Fusion is based in FL) and try a gallon for my next one if I could find it locally to avoid costly shipping.