Wiki Posts
Search

New RC8 Factory Team Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default New RC8 Factory Team Opinion

I just wanted some honest opinions of guys that have the RC8. What ya like/don't like and what to change on it? i just ordered the Rc8 FT, and want to make sure I made the right choice over a Losi or?:confus ed:
Old 08-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro-nutz
I just wanted some honest opinions of guys that have the RC8. What ya like/don't like and what to change on it? i just ordered the Rc8 FT, and want to make sure I made the right choice over a Losi or?:confus ed:
I would personally take the losi over the associated. The losi is stronger and ive heard a few complaints about the weakness of the associated. The thing i hate about losi is the parts wear, It is such a nice driving and handling car but its just a lot of maintence imo.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rcdude236
I would personally take the losi over the associated. The losi is stronger and ive heard a few complaints about the weakness of the associated. The thing i hate about losi is the parts wear, It is such a nice driving and handling car but its just a lot of maintence imo.

no kidding about the losi, from people i know that had the first gen rc8 it would break all the time but ive seen people with the newer rc8b/rc8t champ edition and it, comes with all the stronger parts on it big bores etc

so i cant see how there weak anymore.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The rc8b is strong. Parts wear is similar to the losi, but it is very durable. I have done so many cartwheels learning to drive on mine. The only problems I ever had were the rear hinge pins bending from cartwheels and shock tower screws bending. Those are 2 min changes. I changed to some steel ones in the rear never bent one again. Some people say they have issues with the front wheel shafts bending, mine have never bent yet. Other than that I have had no issues. I also had issues with the fuel tank, but I got that resolved by using a D8 tank. Others state they have had no troubles with fuel tank, so this one may be a personal issue.

Last edited by mcion; 08-15-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mcion
The rc8b is strong. Parts wear is similar to the losi, but it is very durable. I have done so many cartwheels learning to drive on mine. The only problems I ever had were the rear hinge pins bending from cartwheels and shock tower screws bending. Those are 2 min changes. I changed to some steel ones in the rear never bent one again. Some people say they have issues with the front wheel shafts bending, mine have never bent yet. Other than that I have had no issues.

yea im just taking a, good look at the rc8t champ edition it looks really good.
and there is a couple, of guys who run the rc8t ce so i would have help .

i mean i saw two guys with , rc8t ce and they dint break anything and it looked good on the track.

so i would think the rc8b with the upgrades with it should be the same.

Last edited by tc5 man; 08-15-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I have a new factory team RC8 on order(back order I should say) and am starting to second guess myself? My buddy has a Losi and he said they get loose and sloppy real quick? He switched to a new RC8 but has only ran it once. I have a B6 Werks motor/Wrks pipe and Werks clutch set up for it.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Why do people buy something and THEN ask if it was a wise decision? There's been a few posts lately similar to this one.

Narrow it down to a couple vehicles and read the threads regarding them. There is plenty of good info in each vehicle thread. Most of it is biased, however some of it isn't. Sort out the facts from fiction.

THEN, make a decision.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

RC8B is one of the top cars it comes down too personal choice.

I haven't really seen anyone give opinion who has RC8B just abunch of opinions losi this and that.

I have RC8B it's very strong never have bent rear hinge pin even after cart wheeling it. I have alot of the RC8B parts on my SC8 it has been through alot more abuse even being bumped into a tree bouncing of it. There is video of that one.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I have a new factory team RC8 on order(back order I should say) and am starting to second guess myself? My buddy has a Losi and he said they get loose and sloppy real quick? He switched to a new RC8 but has only ran it once. I have a B6 Werks motor/Wrks pipe and Werks clutch set up for it.
I have drove a Losi and a RC8B. I like the RC8B WAY better. Wasn't near as twitchy and I can drive it way faster. The parts do not wear that quit on the B. I also has the older rc8 and yes parts broke easy on it BUT the B car doesnt break near as easy. I have tumbled pretty hard before and drive away with no problems. I've races mine all summer and just replaced the bushings in the ABCD plates and the rear hub bushings a couple races ago. Feels like new again. The arms do wear a little over time but a little slop is good IMO makes it easier to drive. It is durable though. I've proven that

PS: nitro nutz, I also have a B6 and 2057 pipe in my RC8B. Amazing combo.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Prophet

oh yea the losis get sloppy quick ! but it does make them handle a lot better

but i just want to try something diffrent.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
I have drove a Losi and a RC8B. I like the RC8B WAY better. Wasn't near as twitchy and I can drive it way faster. The parts do not wear that quit on the B. I also has the older rc8 and yes parts broke easy on it BUT the B car doesnt break near as easy. I have tumbled pretty hard before and drive away with no problems. I've races mine all summer and just replaced the bushings in the ABCD plates and the rear hub bushings a couple races ago. Feels like new again. The arms do wear a little over time but a little slop is good IMO makes it easier to drive. It is durable though. I've proven that

PS: nitro nutz, I also have a B6 and 2057 pipe in my RC8B. Amazing combo.

now that sounds good ! i will listen to you
Old 08-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Also, I feel that it turned and rotated way better!

No one flame me for saying that (Losi Gods) Its just my opinion. The Associated car fits me way better.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Bro you need a losi. Cancel that order already! You know you're gonna cancel it eventually.

One thing Nitro-Nutz neglected to mention is that he ALREADY has a losi truggy.

Trust me when I say maintaining two cars of the same brand is MUCH easier than two different branded vehicles. They're both good buggies, but the way I see it is you'd be stupid to run two different brands. And I guarantee you'll love the losi.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Also, I feel that it turned and rotated way better!

No one flame me for saying that (Losi Gods) Its just my opinion. The Associated car fits me way better.

oh boy you got the losi gods going j/k , the eight does rotate pretty good now does it turn better, its not bad it does push though at least on my 1.0 t

if the rc8 turns better that might fit my style of driving.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Bro you need a losi. Cancel that order already! You know you're gonna cancel it eventually.

One thing Nitro-Nutz neglected to mention is that he ALREADY has a losi truggy.

Trust me when I say maintaining two cars of the same brand is MUCH easier than two different branded vehicles. They're both good buggies, but the way I see it is you'd be stupid to run two different brands. And I guarantee you'll love the losi.
He is right, if you already have a losi truggy, might as well do the buggy unless you looking to switch brands. If you got deep pockets then forget what he is saying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.