Wiki Posts
Search

Engine pre-warming

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
i think its one of my next purchases. i just got a new engine and im using a heat gun for now. Ive heard a lot of great stuff about the warmer. Heat guns are nice but its hard, you gotta keep it away from the carb etc. They work good but it just takes time. Competion heat just wraps around the head right? Thanks
Correct, it goes over the top and you cinch it tight.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

http://rcsurestart.co.uk/

My mates company-Works flawlessly
Old 08-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Very nice....well done site as well....
Old 08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah he's in the process of releasing version 2 with new better updates ect.. The main focus people like is the price, as it does the job like all the other's available.. for a fraction of the cost!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I hope we can support a U.S. based company.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Economy is global....although I admire your enthusiasm...
Old 08-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if you like to use tools and tinker like i do, stuff like a break in bench and a engine warmer should not be that hard to come up with on your own. Might not work as good or looks as nice, but this hobby can get so ridiculously expensive that i just don't have money for luxury items. I mean i got my rc budget down to about 300 bucks a month if i try real hard.

I am with whoever said go domestic for support. That i agree with one hundred percent. And i would not think twice about buying a comp heat warmer if my money situation improves. work is so erratic right now.

i consistantly finish top 3 in sportsman if you want to sponsor!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cfrcprod
If it didn't work and extend engine life they wouldn't have invented them.
yea they would, to make money

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
http://rcsurestart.co.uk/

My mates company

Could I not just use the old ladies heating pad? Plug it in and throw it on top of the whole buggy!

Nah seriously, so with this heater (Comp. heat) you mean to tell me that when I fire my buggy up I can instantly take it out on the track and make one lap and start tuning right away?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9

Could I not just use the old ladies heating pad? Plug it in and throw it on top of the whole buggy!

Nah seriously, so with this heater (Comp. heat) you mean to tell me that when I fire my buggy up I can instantly take it out on the track and make one lap and start tuning right away?
All companies have to make money, or none of us would have jobs to enjoy hobbies like ours.

Yes, the great advantage with pre heating is it makes tuning a breeze and you can hit the track ready to race.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

you mean to tell me that when I fire my buggy up I can instantly take it out
Yep....it will scare you the first time....crisp and ready to go.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9

Just so you know
For a competition heat one to get one over to the uk.. it would cost us.. over £110... in total.. + then needing a inverter ect. Which is alot of money, and to pay for something 1/4 of the price. Which works equally as well.. Im all for support local places ect.. I don't find, it very nice for you to basically be bashing someone's product. It may not take your fancy but I think, that was a tad uncalled for personally. Its the same for the Sure-Start.. once upto temp can start tuning right away.. I admire both my mate for doing it for the uk people, and Comp Heat.. for a great product.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
Just so you know
For a competition heat one to get one over to the uk.. it would cost us.. over £110... in total.. + then needing a inverter ect. Which is alot of money, and to pay for something 1/4 of the price. Which works equally as well.. Im all for support local places ect.. I don't find, it very nice for you to basically be bashing someone's product. It may not take your fancy but I think, that was a tad uncalled for personally. Its the same for the Sure-Start.. once upto temp can start tuning right away.. I admire both my mate for doing it for the uk people, and Comp Heat.. for a great product.
We can understand what you are saying, as we had personal experience with our product on a UK forum (Max Bashing). They shredded us pretty quick. As a matter of fact they banned us from posting about our Comp heater because we were not a " Home Grown" business. RC Tech and the people of this forum have treated the uk product with alot more respect than we were given.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah fair enough, didn't know you were banned from there.. yeah its one of those things some people are very anti using companies abroad ect.. such a shame really
Old 08-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hmm.. My Savage would love me forever if I got something like this.. Is there such a thing as a military discount at Comp Heat? Being a 2 striper sucks when you think about an RC Budget. I am lucky if I ever get $100 a month to put towards RC....
Old 08-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wolf16731
Hmm.. My Savage would love me forever if I got something like this.. Is there such a thing as a military discount at Comp Heat? Being a 2 striper sucks when you think about an RC Budget. I am lucky if I ever get $100 a month to put towards RC....
Anyone who serves this great country of our's deserves a discount. You can email us at [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.