R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   What spare parts do you buy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/424287-what-spare-parts-do-you-buy.html)

Jason Pelletier 08-11-2010 10:22 AM

Bearings,plastics,seals,shock shafts,front tower,fuel tank,engine,servos,hinge pins,rod ends,shock ends,exhaust seals,exhaust springs, screws.

slapaho16 08-11-2010 10:33 AM

complete motor with clutch on it , extra servos extra reciever extra reciever packs arms clutch parts and a pack of drive shafts for each car o and a fuel tank for each nothing worse than chasing motor problems only to find your assosciated fuel tank is the issue and lots of glow plugs

NitroXray80809 08-11-2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by MiniMeRCRacing (Post 7791441)
Definetely should be spelled definitely
vehicles.. (one period will suffice)
them...(one period will suffice)
whatever, (should replace comma with period)
gritty (insert comma afterwards)

This post wasn't really neceserery(idk how u spell it and dont care)Scoop was making a good point and putting a lil truth to 808's post, maybe 808 does do it and it works perfect for him but Scoop was making a point and then you come to be a teacher? Honestly why does it matter if someone wants to put 300 periods its there chioice same with ur post its ur choice, but 808 posted his point then Scoop posted what he thought about it then you put somthing totally off topic?:weird:

RC Racer OG 08-11-2010 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 (Post 7791978)
This post wasn't really neceserery(idk how u spell it and dont care)Scoop was making a good point and putting a lil truth to 808's post, maybe 808 does do it and it works perfect for him but Scoop was making a point and then you come to be a teacher? Honestly why does it matter if someone wants to put 300 periods its there chioice same with ur post its ur choice, but 808 posted his point then Scoop posted what he thought about it then you put somthing totally off topic?:weird:

Yes it was. He beat me to it.

808gx7r 08-11-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop (Post 7791239)
Well first off, YOU'RE the idiot for saying "your idiots" as it is not spelled correctly. Secondly, bearings are definetely one of the most replaced components on off-road vehicles.. I don't care what you say about the oven or whatever, dirt gets inside bearings and makes them gritty. Once they are the slightest bit gritty I replace them... After all the more friction your car must overcome the more wear and tear it goes through.

To finish, since you're so smart and we are all idiots you must know that most all RC bearing housings are aluminum and the balls are steel.. those two metals expand at different temperatures and you are altering the seating drastically.

Overrated? You're right, since bearings are the core component to allow our vehicles to MOVE. Sheesh

And clearly, beer is the most important spare part.

well. you wont know untill you try it will you. "idiots" is a term for crazy so its not an insult.

and as far as i know nobody has really tryed anything to make bearings last longer.

please try it like i did before you reply back next time.

last thing. i notice you post alot of BS and wrong information on other threads, next are you going to tell me to paint my shell red or with flames because it will make me go faster?

jaykay098 08-11-2010 01:03 PM

This is a r/c forum, not an english writing course... :rolleyes:

scoopdaloop 08-11-2010 01:04 PM

hahaha

:lol::lol:

Man this site makes me laugh.. you like those periods mini?

I'm sorry, but a bearing shouldn't need to be place in an oven for it to function properly.

I never said your method didn't work, for all I know it could be fantastic. However, for the price of bearings I don't see that effort being worth it.

And no I don't post a ton of BS.

Back to the point of the thread.. Is it really cheaper to buy an entire kit for a back up as opposed to sniping parts on flebay? I mean the online stores that buy kits and break them up and hard to beat..

NitroXray80809 08-11-2010 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by 808gx7r (Post 7792014)
well. you wont know untill you try it will you. "idiots" is a term for crazy so its not an insult.

and as far as i know nobody has really tryed anything to make bearings last longer.

please try it like i did before you reply back next time.

last thing. i notice you post alot of BS and wrong information on other threads, next are you going to tell me to paint my shell red or with flames because it will make me go faster?

:lol:flames lol, theres a method a rc mag uses, not sure which one but they say to pop the seal off spray it with a cleaning product like engine cleaner work the bearing re oil it and put the seal back on and there good as new for a couple more races. I done it with my Losi 2.0 and it made the bearings really smooth, over the year that losi was around i swear i never changed a bearing on it and when i sold it they were still super smooth.:nod:

scoopdaloop 08-11-2010 01:23 PM

Excuse me, but are you trying to say that flames don't make my car go faster!?!? My next body will have a turbine on the back wing. More thrust off of jumps, no big deal.

token 08-11-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop (Post 7792124)
Excuse me, but are you trying to say that flames don't make my car go faster!?!? My next body will have a turbine on the back wing. More thrust off of jumps, no big deal.

BEER is a very important part, that should be part of everyones racing supply.

808gx7r 08-11-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop (Post 7792049)
:lol::lol:

Man this site makes me laugh.. you like those periods mini?

I'm sorry, but a bearing shouldn't need to be place in an oven for it to function properly.

I never said your method didn't work, for all I know it could be fantastic. However, for the price of bearings I don't see that effort being worth it.

And no I don't post a ton of BS.

Back to the point of the thread.. Is it really cheaper to buy an entire kit for a back up as opposed to sniping parts on flebay? I mean the online stores that buy kits and break them up and hard to beat..

bearings here are 70-80NZD for a full set. thats way to expensive to do all the time so i found a solution. works great. try it

NitroXray80809 08-11-2010 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by token (Post 7792153)
BEER is a very important part, that should be part of everyones racing supply.

lol not usualy at the track i had a buddy racing half drunk and in the second heat his mbx6 was pissin him off so he tried to backflip it and landed on the back end broke the diff case and note with a new engine i ran to pick it up cus i new he was drunk and now very mad and once i handed him the buggy he threw it on the ground stomped on it then took it to the table and beat on it till the a arms were ripped off...not to smart of a thing to do lol.

NitroXray80809 08-11-2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 808gx7r (Post 7792170)
bearings here are 70-80NZD for a full set. thats way to expensive to do all the time so i found a solution. works great. try it

your answer is AVID bearings a dollar a bearing and if you buy one bearing you get a free sticker sheet thats worth like 5 dollars retail so u buy 5 u get them free....Plus they are pretty darn good for a buck.

MiniMeRCRacing 08-11-2010 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by jaykay098 (Post 7792044)
This is a r/c forum, not an english writing course... :rolleyes:

Web forums are for people who want to communicate in written form with each other just as debates are for people who want to communicate in oral form. If a person communicates poorly, it makes it difficult to understand them or their point. Poor grammar degrades web forums.

Last week, a well educated young man from Nigeria asked for my help at a gas station. He didn't understand the directions on the pump because there was a comma where it didn't belong so it changed the entire message. The message was articulated for dumb people.

We can't pander to the dumb masses.

NitroXray80809 08-11-2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by MiniMeRCRacing (Post 7792190)
Web forums are for people who want to communicate in written form with each other just as debates are for people who want to communicate in oral form. If a person communicates poorly, it makes it difficult to understand them or their point. Poor grammar degrades web forums.

Last week, a well educated young man from Nigeria asked for my help at a gas station. He didn't understand the directions on the pump because there was a comma where it didn't belong so it changed the entire message. The message was articulated for dumb people.

We can't pander to the dumb masses.

Its sounds like a peve that will never end for you because no one is perfect. Not trying to sound like the person who wants to start things but no one can spell 100% correct. Also i take calling people dumb masses(nice sensorship) very offensive, im 16 and everyone has there specialties. I cant spell for the life of me but you can hand me something mechanical and i bet i can fix it. My point is u might be a ghrammar teacher or what not butyou dont need to fix a persons mistake then call them dumb it makes me so mad seeing people say that because its RUDE!