R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   What spare parts do you buy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/424287-what-spare-parts-do-you-buy.html)

jaykay098 08-09-2010 01:25 PM

What spare parts do you buy?

I know some people have TONS of spare parts, and it got me thinking..When you buy a buggy/truggy, what are some important spare parts you think is a must?

neobart 08-09-2010 01:37 PM

Bearings, lots of bearings. Anything else depends on the car.

token 08-09-2010 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by jaykay098 (Post 7781931)
I know some people have TONS of spare parts, and it got me thinking..When you buy a buggy/truggy, what are some important spare parts you think is a must?

I try to have every part, just Sat, some one broke a part that I have never seen break, and I was the only one to have the part... :cool:

Matt Piva 08-09-2010 01:59 PM

i get the stuff i can see wearing out, alotof the losi stuff doesnt break n i run losi so i usually get bearings clutch bearings clutch shoes i always have diff gears front n rear. hinge pins incase they bend i have arms i always have 2 spare tanks, diff housing front n rear i also make sure i have dogbones for the entire thing. i kinda went overboard cause i litterally just have an entire parts car that brand new that i take parts from if i break something i didnt have in a bag like once i lost the pipe mounting peice that the pipe wire goes into so i stole it off the car n baught a new onethe nxt day n put it back on the new car.eventually ill switch it around n use the new car n have the used as a parts car.

jeff_ellis_9 08-09-2010 02:11 PM

Wing mount
Bearings (wheel, clutch)
Servo (backup)<-----trust me, this will end a race day!
Hinge pins
Screws, nuts
Rod ends

Those are some good things to have extra. Its good to have extra parts, if you got the money. But I just wouldn't go overboard right away. I bought a whole set of brand new a-arms for my buggy when I got it and I haven't even used them. I would just see what commonly breaks alot and buy extra of that part. And when you buy spare parts, also look into upgrading while your at it. Like when I kept breaking my wing mount, I went and got a Tekno wing mount and it has yet to break. Even if I do break it, it has a lifetime warranty so I can get it replaced at no charge! So you cant go wrong there. And its like $25, but the last wing mount you will have to buy....:nod:

jaykay098 08-09-2010 02:11 PM

Yeah i've been forced to pack it up and go home a couple times due to a broken part. I just got paid so time to load up on parts. :sneaky:

modified763 08-09-2010 05:10 PM

The best thing to do is buy an extra kit. Or stock up on rings, pinions, bearings, and buy a used cheap roller for an odds and ends car. Anything can break for some reason or another. I always say i'm not going to spend a bunch, but after a few trips to the shop, I could have bought another kit almost.:lol:

KWT-NITRO 08-09-2010 05:12 PM

what car do you run?? it depends from brand to brand.

Semple 08-09-2010 05:18 PM

Bearings, driveshaft pins, wings and mounts, servos.

MattFL 08-09-2010 06:12 PM

Everything I break, I buy 2 or 3 replacements. i.e. a bunch of suspension arms, few shocks, bearings, pins that hold the suspension arms in, glow plugs, various screws, washers and shims, o-rings for the tank lid, drive shafts...

houston 08-09-2010 06:33 PM

parts? just buy another kit :lol:

staples are clutches , clutch bearings , screws, arms and chassis bearings ;)

NitroXray80809 08-09-2010 06:35 PM

Extra kit--is best bet and cheaper in long run
bearings
servos-backup
arms
hubs
drive lines
chassis braces---i never run full aluminum because it sends the flex to the engine, and ive seen it end peoples day!

clutchbell shims/bearings/screws/and clutches--always!!!

bobbyblaze 08-09-2010 07:36 PM

what something breaks or wear out i buy 2 or more of the part

RC Racer OG 08-09-2010 07:40 PM

None. I dont crash :cool:

NDHotbodies 08-09-2010 08:10 PM

we tend to buy an extra kit..that way you have every part possible, and also next years truck already or if not happy with that model, easier to sell a whole kit then some extra parts that aren't some times that easy to get your money out of them..