R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Leighton Dillard Memorial Raffle WIN ADAM DRAKE LOSI TRUGGY & MIKE TRUHE BUGGY (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/402857-leighton-dillard-memorial-raffle-win-adam-drake-losi-truggy-mike-truhe-buggy.html)

Ronda Drake 05-27-2010 01:19 PM

Leighton Dillard Memorial Raffle WIN ADAM DRAKE LOSI TRUGGY & MIKE TRUHE BUGGY

March 6th, 2010, RC Racing lost one of its family. Leighton Dillard or as he was affectionately known Big L died on the drivers stand during the PyscoNitroBlast in Atlanta. Leighton was well known all over the southeast in RC Racing. He had a passion for it like no other. Five years ago, he helped open the “Leighton Dillard Memorial R/C Park” formerly known as “Trackseekers R/C Park" . He had two dreams, one was to have a track that would host a professional race and the other was to “Run with the Big Boys”. Last year, HIS track hosted an R/C Pro Race. He designed the track and was soooo proud. (Dream number one came true). When Leighton died, Adam Drake and Mike Truhe were on the drivers stand next to him. He was running with the Big Boys when his heart failed him and he died on the drivers stand with them. Leighton Dillard was 41 years old when he died. He loved his family and provided for them when he was alive. However, like a lot of us, he did not have provisions for them in the event of his untimely death. Shellie, Chris and Jessica need our help. Adam and Mike are doing their part to help, won’t you?

All you have to do is purchase a raffle ticket for Adam or Mike race vehicle for $10.00 and have a chance to win.
ADAM DRAKE AUTOGRAPHED LOSI TRUGGY & MIKE TRUHE AUTOGRAPHED LOSI BUGGY.

Tickets can be purchased on Ebay! This site will take you to the ebay Link: www.trackseekers.com
Or you can contact Bubba Barham at [email protected] or 601-946-2337. He will personally place your contact info onto the raffle ticket and enter it into the drawing.
All proceeds will go directly to the Dillard family.

For $10.00 you can have a chance to win Adam Drake’s Losi Truggy or Mike Truhe’s Losi Buggy. They come complete electronics, engine, and all the hop-ups Adam and Mike use. The radio and transponder are not included, but it is complete straight from the race track to the winner of the raffle. The drawing will be held Friday night June 18 at the Leighton Dillard Memorial Race. Trackseekers R/C Club is feeding the drivers that night and hosting a live and silent auction to raise money for the family. You DO NOT have to be present to win, but you might want to come race on Leighton’s Pro Track. This is the last lay out Leighton did before he died. Come race with us for a really good cause and help us raise money for Leighton’s family.

Check out Trackseekers for more info. www.trackseekers.com

If you have any additional question feel free to contact Bubba Barham at [email protected] or 601-946-2337.

Jason Pelletier 05-27-2010 01:36 PM

I purchased one.:nod:

Ronda Drake 05-27-2010 01:41 PM

Thank you!

Torian4000 05-27-2010 02:07 PM

I purchased one. I don't want the truggy. I think this is an awesome thing to do, helping a fellow racer's family in their time of need. I remember reading about this unfortunate tragedy and my heart goes out to his family and everyone who knew him. I didn't know him but we in the rc community have a lot in common... We know how to have fun and enjoy life.

portyansky 05-27-2010 02:15 PM

Our condolences to the family. 41 yrs old is too young. I hope the family can get through these hard times. Ronda and to all that are involved, you guys are truly amazing people.

Edit: Ronda, i hope you dont mind but I copy and pasted your post on another forum(we cant link to another forum).

Ronda Drake 05-27-2010 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by portyansky (Post 7464643)
Our condolences to the family. 41 yrs old is too young. I hope the family can get through these hard times. Ronda and to all that are involved, you guys are truly amazing people.

Edit: Ronda, i hope you dont mind but I copy and pasted your post on another forum(we cant link to another forum).

The more people that see this thread the better to help out his family! :) This is great!

When this happend.... It really affected Adam and he wants to help out in any way possible.

bigjayjay1 05-27-2010 02:50 PM

What a great way to help and I'm very glad he fulfilled his dreams > just bought some.

imprsme 05-27-2010 02:50 PM

Do we need to buy a seperate ticket for the Buggy and Truggy ? Or will all the tickets go into one hat and just be drawn out that way.

Thanks.

Ronda Drake 05-27-2010 02:55 PM

Tickets can be purchased on Ebay!

Adam Drake Raced Truggy Raffle Ticket-Leighton Dillard
Mike Truhe Raced Buggy Raffle Ticket – Leighton Dillard

I think you will need to request which one you would like to purchase.

This was all the info I was provided with.

smokinu 05-27-2010 03:04 PM

i posted it on a few of my local track forums,

Great thing you guys are doing Drake's..

cant wait to race with you guys again next year in vegas!

jspurgin 05-27-2010 03:18 PM

You guy's are doing a fantastic thing.. I was actually there when it happened, it was a very sad day for RC. I wish the best for his family. Again i want to say awesome job...

Trey7 05-27-2010 08:43 PM

Just made a purchase. I too was there and it was a very sad night when that happened. All thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Everything that is being done for his family is a blessing and I believe he his still there looking out for his family, he is just using us to get the help that is needed.

bentgear 05-27-2010 09:03 PM

Rhonda, thank you for posting this. Today......... would have been Leighton's 42nd birthday.

Ed Matlage

bigde2001 05-27-2010 09:14 PM

Come on everyone and by a raffle to help out. Hey you even get a chance win something so it is a win win. Oh yea I bought 2.:sneaky:

Frank L 05-27-2010 09:25 PM

I bought a bunch of tickets. :D

gotspeed_2000 05-27-2010 10:22 PM

I just picked up a couple. Thanks for sharing the info to help out.

airsiler 05-28-2010 07:42 AM

I just pick up two. Don't remember which on. I think Adams. This is a great thing you guys are doing. I hope this brings them a lot of money. I am sure they could use it. Guys get yourself some life insurance before you cant afford it, I say this as I got married 2 years and found out just before, that I have type 2 Diabetes. Life insurance for me is out of the question now. If I had only known, I would done something sooner. I worry all the time about my family and how they will taken care.

fatdaddy 05-28-2010 08:25 AM

just bought a ticket.

neobuggy has the ebay links: http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=8277

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mike-Truhe-Raced...#ht_588wt_1137

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adam-Drake-Raced...#ht_588wt_1137

Ronda Drake 05-28-2010 09:03 AM

Share this with others so we can help out his family! Thank you to everyone who has bought a ticket.

tropy 05-28-2010 11:17 AM

just bought one of each. good luck with the event and raffle

Ronda Drake 05-28-2010 11:18 AM

Thank you!

John Schafer 05-28-2010 11:21 AM

Great thing you guys are doing here. Wish the best for the famialy. Just purchased 2 tickets....

Ronda Drake 05-28-2010 11:27 AM

Awesome! :)

Ronda Drake 05-30-2010 07:56 AM

Adam's Truggy has a total of 81 tickets sold and Mike true's Buggy is up to 60 tickets sold. Let keep this going! :)

NDHotbodies 05-30-2010 09:41 AM

Great thing you got going here.. As myself, I too had a heart attack at a young age, 46. People do ask what kind of attack I had, I tell them a good one! thats because I'm still alive.. after major surgery and a mechanical valve that sounds like a watch ticking, everything is fine. after you experiance something like this, you tend to stop and smell the roses' as they say..I can't wait for race day more than anything now, but I'm finding out its not so much as racing, but get to be amongest the fellow R/Cers... I'm having more fun having guys driving my truggy, than me driving it. I even "lowered" myself to drive an electric S/C box stock class and having a blast doing it...lifes to short. as what we all are helping on a good cause here, most of us don't even know this person, but as with all R/Cers, theres no need to be formally introduced, we are one big family... please keep the money comeing....

aray 05-30-2010 10:11 AM

Purchased. Great thing you are doing.

Beenbreto 05-30-2010 02:38 PM

Hey Mrs Drake,

I meet your husband at RCX and i think what you two are doing is a great thing. I will be buying a couple on the 1st of this month and more on the 15Th. I wish there was more people like you out there in the RC world:)

reggie l. 05-30-2010 02:54 PM

our race team picked up a dozen

toobad4u 05-30-2010 07:26 PM

Just picked up a ticket for each one. Doesn't matter if I win or lose, it is a great thing you are doing for his family. I would only hope that I would have an impact on others as he obviously did, and someone would do something like this for my loved ones.

BUMP to the top for some more people to see this thread.

Stephen

GURYLEBRON 05-30-2010 08:03 PM

Nice

Nice Job I got myself one of each.

Ronda Drake 05-30-2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by toobad4u (Post 7476557)
Just picked up a ticket for each one. Doesn't matter if I win or lose, it is a great thing you are doing for his family. I would only hope that I would have an impact on others as he obviously did, and someone would do something like this for my loved ones.

BUMP to the top for some more people to see this thread.

Stephen

Doesn't matter if we win or lose, We are all doing this for his family!

Thank you all who have purchased a ticket so far.....We still have about a month to go! So Buy Some Tickets!

Brian Alderman 05-31-2010 08:30 AM

Thanks for sharing this! Truly professional!

JBURCH 05-31-2010 10:42 AM

Great Idea very professional, dont even care if I win either, got a chance tho.

losiracer78 06-01-2010 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ronda Drake (Post 7476868)
Doesn't matter if we win or lose, We are all doing this for his family!

Thank you all who have purchased a ticket so far.....We still have about a month to go! So Buy Some Tickets!

ronda are you and adam going to have tickets at the AMS this weekend

Ronda Drake 06-01-2010 07:29 AM

From what Adam says....There should be a booth set up for this benefit. I will not be there this weekend. :( Adam leaves tomarrow for the event. Good luck to all!

Ronda Drake 06-01-2010 08:45 PM

A total of 201 Tickets have been purchased and it is so wonderful to see that people are reading and hearing about this benefit.
There are 18 days left for the Raffle. So lets see how many tickets we can sell!

Thank you,
Ronda

JodyJ 06-02-2010 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ronda Drake (Post 7486512)
A total of 201 Tickets have been purchased and it is so wonderful to see that people are reading and hearing about this benefit.
There are 18 days left for the Raffle. So lets see how many tickets we can sell!

Thank you,
Ronda

Hi Ronda,

Is there an address or paypal address just to donate? I'd like to donate $200 of my money on behalf of the LRH family.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jody J.

neobart 06-02-2010 10:07 AM

Just buy 20 tickets, you don't have to accept the car if your number get's picked. They'll just draw another number in that case.

Ronda Drake 06-02-2010 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by JodyJ (Post 7488456)
Hi Ronda,

Is there an address or paypal address just to donate? I'd like to donate $200 of my money on behalf of the LRH family.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jody J.

Contact Bubba Barham at [email protected] or 601-946-2337.

He is the one who has been in charge of this Benenfit. :)

Danny Teh 06-02-2010 10:28 AM