Wiki Posts
Search

MBX 6 OR X2 BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
why either one of those if new to r/c 1/8th will be happier with a losi rtr or roller fast and stable mugen is good if you get the bce chassis and diff. mod. but thats alot of work for a newb to 1/8th if your not new sorry to affend you. have seen the x2 go fast but only in the hands of chad bradley
what are you talking about with the diff? All i had to do is fix the chassis flex. I bought a 20$ brace. No mods needed (although i have a bunch)
Old 05-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

dont need it but if you want to run it at top level with the pros setup u need to buy the things i mentioned as most of hte pros run them both and also heard rumor mugen will have a new car at worlds but not sure on that all are good just think losi is easiest to drive setup and work on and i dont even run them anymore
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hmm, my son drives for Mugen and we have not heard of that. Only mod we did to his buggy is a King Headz extended motor mount. His car is as good as any Losi indoors and outdoors or even better. We learned alot indoors with the buggy and it is DIALED!!

As far as working on. I have owned all of the major brands, all seem about the same to work on to me. The all have benefits and downfalls.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RandyJones
Hmm, my son drives for Mugen and we have not heard of that. Only mod we did to his buggy is a King Headz extended motor mount. His car is as good as any Losi indoors and outdoors or even better. We learned alot indoors with the buggy and it is DIALED!!

As far as working on. I have owned all of the major brands, all seem about the same to work on to me. The all have benefits and downfalls.
yup. I have the same motor mount, and that is all that is needed out the box.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:44 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not sure what upgrade hes talking about The MBX6 really doesn't need any upgrades.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:55 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

MBX6 hands down the best buggy on the market right now

Very unlikely Mugen is coming out with a new buggy, the X6 is gaining popularity and winning races, plus the platform is relatively new. Now if it was a Kyosho or Xray I would believe the rumor, they release a new car every year or sooner.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sup Eddie?

They are gaining popularity and picking up alot of wins too. All the current cars are good. I don't think there is a bad one out there. Some cars suit some drivers some don't. I remember Drake spankin everyone with a Jammin. Some guys can drive a 2x4 if they had to.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:00 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Hey Randy, Back into the racing scene again, going to Jtec tomorrow, was there a few weeks ago, made the podium in the A main, not too shabby for all the time I had off, hopefully i can find a shock shaft for my AE car, no hobby shops in Indy carry 1/8 stuff unless its a losi, if not Ill drive Mr Warrens Tamiya.

I concidering going back to the MBX6, the RC8b drives great, but seems to require some frequent parts replacement due to wear
Old 05-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JUD
Not sure what upgrade hes talking about The MBX6 really doesn't need any upgrades.
let me rephrase. The mugen is set right out the box. BUT, if you are starting out and a terrible driver like i was you will tweek the chassis because you don't know how to land properly without bending it.

pretty sure i don't need the mount anymore, but a one piece mount in general is sweet.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
let me rephrase. The mugen is set right out the box. BUT, if you are starting out and a terrible driver like i was you will tweek the chassis because you don't know how to land properly without bending it.

pretty sure i don't need the mount anymore, but a one piece mount in general is sweet.
you mustve done some SERiOUS damage/horrible driver, lol.

+1 on mugen, get it done right the first time around
Old 05-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
you mustve done some SERiOUS damage/horrible driver, lol.

+1 on mugen, get it done right the first time around
couple lawn darts is all it takes.

and that goes for any chassis i would imagine.