Wiki Posts
Search

Any luck with after market clutches?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE
Oh and are you saying that you and Kortz did not like the clutch. Because the info that was shared with me was I think "LOVED IT"[/QUOTE]

No what I'm saying is that you should probably limit your marketing activities for your products to things that you are personally involved in, instead of talking about what others are doing. Your in the industry, I'm surprised that I have to tell you this kind of stuff. Do you know how often drivers test items??? You have no idea what type of contract drivers have, you have no idea what activities they are involved in. As a matter of fact you don't even know why some one is running something so the last thing that you should probably be doing is posting it on a public forum. That's a little irresponsible don't you think? Hopefully the guys that you just decided to post on the internet about are not under any kind of contract barring them from using other peoples equipment (which at least one of them I know for sure it) or else I'm sure that they are going to be really thankful. So instead of trying to be a smart ass like you were in your last post maybe you should stop and think about things a little bit more before you do them, you'll end up looking a lot more intelligent in the long run. There are certain things that you talk about and there are certain things that you don't, you are supposedly the Panther Team Manager etc. you should know this. Secondly, thank you for letting me know about the information that was shared with you, I'll have a discussion with the person that did this.

Ron
Old 04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Ron,

I dont think my first post was out of line in any way. If I know they had ran the clutch and if someone is testing something or running it for that matter then I feel it is ok for me to tell people to ask them for their openion. Heck they may even say they did not like it. All I said was to ask.

Heck if I am running one of your engines in the past which I did for some time (because the are good) then if someone asked me how I liked them I would tell them the truth for sure. Nothing wrong with this. So I am sorry that I didnt say "Kortz and Bradley have TESTED the clutch ask them what they think."

I dont see why you felt the need to even post in this thread when I did not lie or guide someone in the wrong direction. Did I?

Oh and as for who you think your going to talk to I assure you that is not who gave me the info on your new clutch. I am from SoCal and have been in the industry for 20 years in some aspect or another so the things you think are a secret realy are not. This may seem like a big industry but when it comes down to it, it is very small.

Ron[/QUOTE]
Old 04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I run fioroni turbo sliding clutch systems and love them! They grab well, last forever and are super consistent.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I'm really wanting to try this one on my RC8B... But I can never find anybody who has it in stock.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Ergal-1-Carbon
Old 04-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

So are you trying to protect drivers or your company secrets? I am trying to understand where this is coming from.

If in fact, those guys tested a product even one time and actually gave him feedback, then I think he has the right to mention it.

I have a few of my guys testing different clutches right now also even though we offer several different options.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidR
I'm really wanting to try this one on my RC8B... But I can never find anybody who has it in stock.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Ergal-1-Carbon
Not only is the whole setup backordered, the parts are to. Great info guys. Keep it coming
Old 04-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER
Not only is the whole setup backordered, the parts are to. Great info guys. Keep it coming
3DR,

There are many good brands there. Maybe a good idea is to see what works best at your local track. I mean if it is the #1 clutch at your track it probably works great.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
3DR,

There are many good brands there. Maybe a good idea is to see what works best at your local track. I mean if it is the #1 clutch at your track it probably works great.
I don't know of anybody running aftermarket setups locally. I do need parts availability though. Ascendancy seems to in stock at amain frequently and m2c has what I need any time I've needed it. Both with usps usually in 3 days.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

M2C in truggy and losi in buggy.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by janderson78
Ron,

I dont think my first post was out of line in any way. If I know they had ran the clutch and if someone is testing something or running it for that matter then I feel it is ok for me to tell people to ask them for their openion. Heck they may even say they did not like it. All I said was to ask.

Heck if I am running one of your engines in the past which I did for some time (because the are good) then if someone asked me how I liked them I would tell them the truth for sure. Nothing wrong with this. So I am sorry that I didnt say "Kortz and Bradley have TESTED the clutch ask them what they think."

I dont see why you felt the need to even post in this thread when I did not lie or guide someone in the wrong direction. Did I?

Oh and as for who you think your going to talk to I assure you that is not who gave me the info on your new clutch. I am from SoCal and have been in the industry for 20 years in some aspect or another so the things you think are a secret realy are not. This may seem like a big industry but when it comes down to it, it is very small.
[/QUOTE]

Jason, drivers test tires all the time, are you as the Panther Team manager going to start posting that Drake or Truhe (or any other pro driver for that matter) liked your tires or ran them at one track? How would you feel about the Pro Line guys posting on a forum that one of your drivers was running Pro Line tires and likes them??? Hear about Losi boasting that when Kyosho was developing the MP9 some of their drivers tested the Eight and liked it? Give me a break, these guys are under contract with some one else, they are being paid by some one else, they don't run for you and they do not endorse your products. If they want to run some one else products they do it and it is understood that it stays under the table. Right now you are name dropping to sell your (I'm assuming) product. The worst part is that you are name dropping (and by default using them as endorsement of your product), using people who are under contract with other companies. Do you still not see anything wrong with that????

The fact that I make engines and such and such pro tested it (which happens all the time) is the last thing that I'm going to start posting on the internet. Why? Because I respect peoples privacy especially when it comes down to drivers who do this for a living simply because I'm not going to mess with someones lively hood. I do not need to boast about Billy Blue Eyes testing my product in order to move a engine. If my products are good, people will realize this and they will sell their self.

Contracts are in place for a reason and if you have been in the industry for 20 years as you mention, you know that there are clauses in most of them forbidding the testing and use of competing products. The simple questions is did you get permission from these drivers to release this information? If yes then there is no problem, if the answer is no then you should not be posting anything about it plain and simply. To do otherwise is simply irresponsible. If you were Joe from the track who casually mentions seeing such and such testing something it would be one thing but this is clearly not the case, and as you work in the industry you should be held to higher standards. That is what this is about and honestly I'm surprised that I have to spell this out to you.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

I agree with what Ron has to say above.

But on topic, I've been running the M2C 4 shoe and love it. It seems to last and last, especially the regular-soft shoes. I currently have 2 gallons on my Clockwork JL .21 , and I can easily get another gallon, possibly 2 more on these shoes.

Also, as mentioned above, Mitch's service is top-notch which goes a long way with me.

I was running Answer RC shoes when I used to run a 3-shoe, again, a great shoe with great service.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Have to agree with Ron. +100

M2C variable 4 shoe

Last edited by Chris Reilly; 04-19-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
M2C in truggy and losi in buggy.
Hey Nick,

what's going on? do you run stock aluminum shoes with the losi clutch in your buggy?? did you try the M2C 6061 or the kingzhead shoes??

cheers
Ali
Old 04-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what is the pros and cons of a 4 shoe vs a 3 shoe? I run the dynamite shoes and they seem to last forever. They have plenty of bite with 1.0 springs and don't slip. but i have gotten a hanging shoe time to time.

Is a four shoe alot better?
Old 04-19-2010, 04:27 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I run fioroni turbo sliding clutch systems and love them! They grab well, last forever and are super consistent.
Turbo slider here (no twin turbo) black carbon w/ 2 hard springs they last forever you'll buy 8-10 losi clutch shoes before you buy another fioroni set...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.