Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR new body rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Legend

Default O-Really !

Kinda think whoever in Roar got this realistic truck body baloney, to get real themselves as no one really cares to run a ugly old fashion truck body...
Old 03-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
It is quite a stretch to equate a lexan body to having out of spec tires, track width, weight, etc. I have no problems with basic rules to govern the basic layout of a car - weight, width, wheel diameter, etc. I just think body types are something that adds personality to a car, have very little effect on performance, and basically is just being regulated to be regulated.
That statement was in reply to the what has ROAR done for me, ROAR sucks, etc statements.

Evolution doesnt = total transformation. A vehicle can evolve within a rule set, which is what you've, let me rephrase, what I've seen. Most the people bitching havent been involved with the hobby long.

ROAR hasnt done a damn thing to kill the evolution of the hobby. Have you been at it long enough to see any evolution? I dont necessarily want a body from the 70s (though the car in my avatar is from the 80s), the 8ight 1.0 buggy and truggy bodies are just fine and maintain the spirit of the rule in place.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

have i read this right??...

1. If a body is "approved" it will have an identifying stamp
2. Only approved bodies can be run at ROAR sanctioned events
3. ROAR intends to enforce this requirement for this year's gas nationals
4. The approved list of bodies will be displayed on the ROAR website; if not on the list it is not aproved

If this is all true and given that the current published list contains vey few approved current bodies, does this mean that between now and the Gas nats all current bodies require approval or does it only apply to new bodies introduced from today?

I wonder if some of the other governing bodys will follow suit (IFMAR, FEMCA etc) which will effect future worlds and other international / regional events that american racers compete at.

Cheers, Mike
Old 03-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It seems a vast majority of the guys who think this is a good rule are the ones who think the new style is ugly. You really want someone to tell you what you can or can not run basd on what they think it looks like? I reiterate saying they do not look realistic is a crock. Lipo and BL motors brought electric back from extiction and it seems to me like they were not on board in the beginning with those either. where is the logic there. Like i said they are messing with the most popular class in RC when there really is absolutley no need to. Its just a power trip.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

If you make a body that looks like a current Ford, Chevy, Toyoda etc. Do you think those 1:1 car companies are going to let the RC body makers to use those designs for FREE. I don't think so.

How much is the licensing of those body styles going add to the cost of our bodies?

It's already silly, we pay $25 (or more) for a strechted 2'x2' lexan sheet.

How real will it look anyway after you make room for the shock towers & have a big (fill in your color) motor heatsink sticking up out of the bed.

Next they will mandate "ROAR APPROVED" headlight stickers & limit the amount of window tinting you can use. Ohh & by the way those tires your running are way too big to look realistic, maybe there should be another rule about that. The ride hieght is kind of tall, maybe we should rule that too. I've seen some pretty wild paint jobs on some of these rigs but at the 1:1 dealership they won't do more than 2 tone paint anymore. Should there be a rule that only allows you to paint your truggy 2 color and you have to use a color codes from Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota in the current year model (2010 colors only until next year).

Where will it end.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

that's just silly.....cmon'
Old 03-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RBMike

Where will it end.

When you have to install a scale hand painted racer doll that chucks beer cans out the window....
Old 03-23-2010, 12:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)