ROAR new body rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR new body rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

My questions were to understand how as a member of ROAR changes like this are put forth to the membership, which is why I asked a member of ROAR how they were notified of this for any input, etc.

If there is a problem in asking a member this, I guess I am at a loss
Have no problem with you asking Cain. Heard about it on the net, on several sites. Discussed in person with ROAR VP. If I had felt strongly enuff on the matter I would have voiced my concerns in writing to ROAR.

I don't have STRONG emotions on the subject either way. I am not a great fan of the sperm bodies, but I don't like some of the "conventional" ones either.

My only concern is a bunch of folks bitching for the sake of bitching. ROAR is simply doing what it was put into place to do. If enuff MEMBER's do not like what ROAR is doing, then there is a process for change, its called election time.

Ed M.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bentgear
Have no problem with you asking Cain. Heard about it on the net, on several sites. Discussed in person with ROAR VP. If I had felt strongly enuff on the matter I would have voiced my concerns in writing to ROAR.

I don't have STRONG emotions on the subject either way. I am not a great fan of the sperm bodies, but I don't like some of the "conventional" ones either.

My only concern is a bunch of folks bitching for the sake of bitching. ROAR is simply doing what it was put into place to do. If enuff MEMBER's do not like what ROAR is doing, then there is a process for change, its called election time.

Ed M.
Thanks. Its good to hear that perspective from a member since they would be able to better see what is going on in ROAR and how the membership is involved in things like this.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

[QUOTE=pntmachine;7180781]
Originally Posted by JDCrow
There was an uproar. Many discussions took place. MonsterTrucks/Truggys had a fairly open body rule. It just couldnt be a car or legacy buggy body. The issue was more to do with exposing the rear shock tower than anything else. They are after all monster trucks by heritage.

Buggy Class has always had a Body rule that left much discretion to the designers. Just a Non-Truck type body.

QUOTE]

JD, that was my take on the body rules as well yet ROAR clearly allowed Adam Drake to run a car/buggy/vw body in the last ROAR sanctioned Production Monster Truck race on the national level. Of course that is a nonrespected class even tho it spawned where Truggies are today. Racing in Florida in the State Series we run off of ROAR rules and have to be a member to do so. I am curious where this will affect us as the VTR tire rule was started Jan 1 for that series.

This rule will be ROAR's free pass I guess for the special occasions:

At its discretion, ROAR may grant approval to any body in the absence of a submission from the manufacturer or other entity.
You will not be affected. if the organizer wishes to allow OR disallow particular products etc, they clearly can do so. They just have to provide adequate notice to participants and make it clear in their promotion, which it sounds as if they have done so.

All the rules published are guidelines for all our affiliates to follow. Many alter them slightly and are welcome to enhance their programs as they see fit, with the exception of Saftety Related Items.

The Published Rules are the basis for our National Championship Events which are more tightly enforced.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

JDCrow are you with ROAR, from how you are talking sounds like you work with.for them??? Just asking.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shuming
JDCrow are you with ROAR, from how you are talking sounds like you work with.for them??? Just asking.
I am on the Executive Committee - Technical Director
Old 03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

So does ROAR feel that its acting for the racer best interest or just "enforcing its on cause? According to the ROAR website into they state that "ROAR is responsible for producing and maintaining rules that are fair for all parties involved members and manufacturers alike." So who is the body rule fair for? I dont see it fair to ALL parties.
"ROAR rules have been the guidelines for R/C car racing for over 39 years. They are designed to promote fair competition, safety, and define what equipment can be used in ROAR competition." How is the equipment defined? What is the process?

I know the rule - they need to resemble 1.1 bodies, but I have searched hundreds of photos and websites over the last 24 hours and i cant find anything that these resemble. Do you on your level really feel that this rule is fair to all parties?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

The only thing on the bulldog that irks me is the flat "bed" behind the cab. Mostly because it would be a heck of a lot more noticeable on my rc8Be with no cooling tower sticking out. Just make proline sweep the back of the cab back to maintain the buggy look and call it a day.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Who is really at fault here? Proline for not making a roar approved body, or ROAR for having guidelines as to what can be run at their races?

I really don't think ROAR is doing anything wrong. They will get their rules ironed out. Look at real racing organizations such as NASCAR and the NHRA, they put rules on every aspect of the body. If you want to race with ROAR, follow their rules. If not, race with an organization that a suits you more Is there really a need for all the bickering?

I'll still be renewing my ROAR membership every year.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

I don't race any ROAR races, I just hate to see companies getting stepped on by, an organization on a power trip. (The forward cab buggy bodies were released two weeks before ROAR's new rule) I don't like the bodies, but I don't like ROAR telling someone they can't run a body, just because they don't like it.

Luckily for me, I don't race in any Reich, I mean ROAR events, so they won't get any of my support.

(Stirs the pot)

-NuthinFancy91
Old 03-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Has ROAR released a list of "approved" bodies? I Haven't seen one, maybe because there is no such thing yet. So if there is no list why is everyone so mad about the rules. For all we know the new "cab forward" bodies could be legal.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Attached pic is of a Paradigm pre-runner (cant remember if it was spec'd for class 1 or not but others from the same manufacturer were). This car is 7 or 8 years old if I remember correctly. To many, the current buggy bodies "resemble" that vehicle. That wing isnt common amongst full scale buggies but they're around. This car also has a-arms at all 4 corners (as do many others).
Attached Thumbnails ROAR new body rules-paradigm12.jpg  
Old 03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
Attached pic is of a Paradigm pre-runner (cant remember if it was spec'd for class 1 or not but others from the same manufacturer were). This car is 7 or 8 years old if I remember correctly. To many, the current buggy bodies "resemble" that vehicle. That wing isnt common amongst full scale buggies but they're around. This car also has a-arms at all 4 corners (as do many others).
The shocks are under the front hood...
Looks like a truggy to me.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DANE_TRAIN
Who is really at fault here? Proline for not making a roar approved body, or ROAR for having guidelines as to what can be run at their races?

I really don't think ROAR is doing anything wrong. They will get their rules ironed out. Look at real racing organizations such as NASCAR and the NHRA, they put rules on every aspect of the body. If you want to race with ROAR, follow their rules. If not, race with an organization that a suits you more Is there really a need for all the bickering?

I'll still be renewing my ROAR membership every year.
I think ROAR is wrong. There were never body rules until the bulldog bodies were released. Proline didn't make a body that was not ROAR legal as there were no rules. It's funny how they create rules specifically to eliminate a certain item only when that item becomes available. Thus F'ing the manufacturers over as well as the racers. Same exact thing happened with VTR truggy tires.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I think ROAR is wrong. There were never body rules until the bulldog bodies were released. Proline didn't make a body that was not ROAR legal as there were no rules. It's funny how they create rules specifically to eliminate a certain item only when that item becomes available. Thus F'ing the manufacturers over as well as the racers. Same exact thing happened with VTR truggy tires.
You are wrong grass hopper.. Rules for Bodies of all classes have been in place since the class was recognized by our Sanctioning body.

And you have no idea what your talking about with the VTR as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.