Wiki Posts
Search

Clutch questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Clutch questions

I am putting together my buggy (D8). I am using the Werks B5 engine and I am going to order the Fioroni 3 shoe clutch "system", and I am also going to get a 16t clutch bell and bearings. What other clutch parts am I going to need? Does the collet come with the clutch? Thanks- Steve
Old 03-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

some brands throw in the collet but unless its mentioned in the description it's not included. I'd recommend a fresh set of bearings and get the mugen clutch shim kit. Also get the hpi (or any other brand, I think axial makes them also) .5mm shims they are about a dollar but saves you from using too many shims. You will also need a clutch nut unless if one comes with the flywheel.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

all Fioroni clutches come with the nut, none include the collet. use the collet that came with your car and/or engine, and if that does not work, a novarossi collet does for sure.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Check out the Ascendancy clutch before you buy. www.ascendancyrc.com We're growing quite a following of very satisfied customers who swear by our clutch both for performance and ease of maintenance. The clutch is top notch milling, shoes last forever, and it doesn't feel like any aluminum shoes clutch you've run before, I guarantee you. Very smooth and consistent. Check out this thread for some real customer feedback.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ng-clutch.html

I run a D8 myself with the 34mm aluminum clutch. You won't be disappointed. We're also currently offering free shipping on our website. Reply or PM me if you have any questions. Nate.