Search

---FOSTER'S SC8---

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

playing around with some carbon fiber i have

Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Here is the rear end i was talking about. Still have not got to wiring it up to the switch i made for them.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bonghitmike
from what i know about converting them you are going to need the SC8 shock towers, drive shafts, body mounts,wheels, tires, front and rear bumper, & SC8 chassis. you can make a 1/10 scale 4x4 if you keep the RC8 chassis and just use the SC10 body. im not sure if that all you need but its a start.

from what i have seen people are using big bores on the SC8, i just dont have the cash now to pick up a set. hope to soon

thanks for all the kind words on my truck. i just keep trying to make it more scale and there just so much fun to race.
Thank-you for your help..after looking at your pictures, you've inspired me to build an SC8, and would like to ask permission to use some of your ideas. I just love the level you took this truck to, it looks just FANTASTIC I'm glad you started this thread!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Are you using LED for your tail lights ?

I've been playing with my Hyper 10 too much and haven finished up my SC8 tail ligth project yet. Now that it getting warmer I need to start on that and get it ready to race.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
Thank-you for your help..after looking at your pictures, you've inspired me to build an SC8, and would like to ask permission to use some of your ideas. I just love the level you took this truck to, it looks just FANTASTIC I'm glad you started this thread!
Thanks man, use anything that you like. I'm just glad there are more people getting SC8's. Hope now you get one it will inspire more to get them.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Are you using LED for your tail lights ?

I've been playing with my Hyper 10 too much and haven finished up my SC8 tail ligth project yet. Now that it getting warmer I need to start on that and get it ready to race.
Yes I'm going to be using 3mm LEDs for the tail lights. I've been working on a switch for the working brake lights. trying to keep it real small and out of sight, same thing with the wires going to the lights.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bonghitmike
Thanks man, use anything that you like. I'm just glad there are more people getting SC8's. Hope now you get one it will inspire more to get them.
Right on! Thanks..much appreciated. I already ordered most of what I need..now I just need the body and rims/tires ( I think ). I've wanted one of these since the first picture was released, so I'm quite excited to finally just build one.

..THANKS AGAIN
Old 04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

A few more questions for you..what tire and rim options do we have for SC8 ? Will all the tires that fit on a Slash fit on the SC8 rims without modification ?

Is there any other rims that work besides the stockers ( not that there's anything wrong with them, but more for variety's sake ). Sorry for the questions, but I went to the Proline site to check, and left confused.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Finally got around to putting the tail lights on. At first i mounted them to the body but after taking the body off a couple times i realized thats not going to work. So i mounted them to the rear bumper that way when i take the body and cage off it dont have to mess with the wiring.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Nice work! Lights really make these trucks look uber-scale. The more I research the SC8, the more I can't wait till all my parts arrive! I've got my chassis, diffs, a-arms, TBs with steering mod, all mounted and waiting for the rest to arrive. I still have to order a body, wheels and tires ( I'm a little lost in that department though)
Old 04-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

A few more questions for you..what tire and rim options do we have for SC8 ? Will all the tires that fit on a Slash fit on the SC8 rims without modification ?

Is there any other rims that work besides the stockers ( not that there's anything wrong with them, but more for variety's sake ). Sorry for the questions, but I went to the Proline site to check, and left confused.
Not to sure, i have only used the two kinds of SC8 rims. But i think i saw someone running some different rims on another site, i'll try to find out for you.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Thank-you for all your help, it's guys like you that make this hobby what it is

I do like the stock rim options, but tire selection would be nice. I see people running Proline Switch tires, and they look great. Also willing to sacrifice raw performance to maintain the scale look ( I have my RC8T for raw performance ) so the Switch looks to be a happy medium. Not sure how they wear though.

After yesterday's club meeting, I officially have no class to race my SC8 in , and would have to purchase a 1/10 scale SC to race SC. I may get thrown into the buggy class with my SC8 because of the lack of buggies at our club ( truggy is by far the biggest class ATM ). We're a pretty flexible club, and things could change down the road though.

I'm so amped about getting this truck built but feel guilty jacking your ideas, but they're so awesome that I can't resist...I'm glad I asked your permission first THANKS AGAIN!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

MADBRAD you've inspired me to finish my taillights. got started last night and made good progress. here is what i got so far, still need to wire up my switch i found and them hide it all.

From the bottom

Old 04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

I still have to order a body, wheels and tires ( I'm a little lost in that department though)
I love my Pro-Line "Switch" tires they hook up great, sometimes a little to good when we first water down the track, but half way through the race and towards the end they hook up great. thinking of getting a pair of stock tires too for when its wet to help me break to back end loose. for rims i have both the first set of stock rims and i'm running the stoke 12 spokes now. you should be able to get a clear body of ebay for pretty cheap, i have seen them for as low as $40 shipped. good luck with the project and get up some pics when you get it done.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

I poked around eGay and found some clear bodies for a decent price. Are the Switch tire a real PITA to put on the stock rims ? In any case, I will likely go with them. Thanks again Bong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.