Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all the replies guys. I expected to get at least one person saying the CEN is a good truggy. I don't know why, but anyway. I've driven a couple of the losi 2.0 truggies and I like them, but everybody at the track seems to have servo troubles. I've been told that it's all in how you set up the servos. I'm running a buddies 1.0 losi now until I make a decision, haven't gotten to race it yet, but I can tell a difference in it and the CEN once we got all the setups right.

There is a guy in our club that runs the Odonnel Z01t and it seems like a very solid truggy. He wins consistently with it. Then there is a Mugen that's electric, and we have a HBD8t coming soon. That guy is the one who has me seriously considering the D8t. But all the rest are losi's, and I like to be different.

I guess I'm looking for some specifics on what advantages one has over another. I've been racing a t-maxx so the step up to Truggy is huge. I poured alot of money into my maxx just to try and get it to keep up with the Revos. Just don't want to do that again. Thanks again for all the replies, keep them coming.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you want a truggy that turns like no other OD Z01T or HB D8T is the way to go. (i would still wait for the new OD because it will turn a million times better and it will be way more durable) also the best costumer service ever is OD, Steve O'donnell has called me personally because i had a simple question about the buggy and he called answered my question and talked to me for 40 min giving me all kinds of tips and also giving me his cell and work number and said "you can call me whenever you have a question if i dont answer leave a message and ill call with in 24 hours." now that service.

if you want something tough as nails and great on every track with little to no adjustment the mugen MBX6T is the way to go.

if you want a good all around truggy and want something easy to get parts go with losi. the thing i dont like about losi is the servo issue (set endpoints perfect and get 100+ dollar servos fixes that) and everyone i talk to say if you dont completely go threw them after every race you will regret it the next race.

my choices for my next truggy is going to be between the OD and Mugen.

oh yeah i had a Cen TR arena also and i have 2 Cen matrix buggies too. i will never go there again, big mistake. they are durable and all but not a good racer on the tracks today. they were go at this one track that had three jumps on it but everywhere they couldnt keep up at all.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i have a jammin x2 and i hit a losi head on when he crossed lanes down a straight away we were both at wide open throttle. i finished the race and he had a broken front arm and the knuckle was broken also. running an X2 for forever and i have only had to replace one front arm, my fault for breaking it.
Thats a funny comment
Old 03-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

There are other truggys other than the mugen

Shocked!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mugen man Mugen

I think the Mugen truggy is the smoothest overall. Not to bash other trucks. It's just the mugen jumps great drives hard and lasts twice as long as other trucks.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you dont have much racing experience and want a absolute bulletproof truggy, then I would search on ebay for a mbx5t, you can get them and parts dirt cheap. I have been watching them go for around $150 and in excellent condition.Once you get the handle of things move on up to the mbx6t, its a solid truck but not as solid as the 5t.You can do some major bashing with a 5t and it just keeps on going. 6t, not so much as it has been lightened to be a more competitive truggy.

Just my opinion
Old 03-18-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If money is no object get the Mugen.. If money is a prob get the HB..

Mugen has better turn in than the HB, otherwise they handle nearly identical when set up right..
Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i would go with mugen over any of them that are out right now (OD Z01T when the new one is out) or the HB D8T for the price and handling. the losi is great but parts wear way quicker than mugen and it looks like the mugen is the truggy to beat right now.
I dunno about that. With the Losi, it's once the parts "wear out" that the vehicle handles best. Once the parts are at the point where people who are used to other manufacturers would consider them worn out and in need of replacement, they pretty much stay at that stage and you can put the truck anywhere on the track with ease.

The Losi feels loose for sure, but loose is fast. Nothing rotates in the corners like a Losi.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

We have this debate/topic what hummmmm I'd say bout once a week....

Losi, LOSI, Losi. - Parts are easy to get, its very competitive, I just dont get where the part where it wears out quick. Now if you race every weekend and practice 3 times a week then yes. But The only parts that I change is the ball ins for the steering. And I have alot of racing on rough tracks on that chassis. Servo issue is a thing of the past. Set your EPA right and your good.

Losi
AE
HB
Mugen
Xray
Kyosho

are all good trucks. I would suggest you buy what YOU want and not sit here and tally up votes. Its all personal preference.

Last edited by geejay; 03-18-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

its funny how you guys seem to forget about THE fastest truck out there, why??? its a design that's still winning/TQ'ing @ major events......the Kyosho ST-RR is a GREAT arena truck..............If it's still capable of TQ'ing Silverstate against all the current new school trucks that say's A LOT. I think the Kyosho ST-RR should at least be mentioned and put at the TOP of your list's.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudslinger
Thanks for all the replies guys. I expected to get at least one person saying the CEN is a good truggy. I don't know why, but anyway. I've driven a couple of the losi 2.0 truggies and I like them, but everybody at the track seems to have servo troubles. I've been told that it's all in how you set up the servos. I'm running a buddies 1.0 losi now until I make a decision, haven't gotten to race it yet, but I can tell a difference in it and the CEN once we got all the setups right.

There is a guy in our club that runs the Odonnel Z01t and it seems like a very solid truggy. He wins consistently with it. Then there is a Mugen that's electric, and we have a HBD8t coming soon. That guy is the one who has me seriously considering the D8t. But all the rest are losi's, and I like to be different.

I guess I'm looking for some specifics on what advantages one has over another. I've been racing a t-maxx so the step up to Truggy is huge. I poured alot of money into my maxx just to try and get it to keep up with the Revos. Just don't want to do that again. Thanks again for all the replies, keep them coming.
Ricky, I would go with the RC8T-CE. Nobody has it at the local track there, and they are fast. Turning radius between the Losi 2.0 and the MBX6T so you can't go wrong.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mudslinger you can't go wrong with a Losi or Mugen if somebody put a blindfold on me and I had to pick one of the two and whatever one I picked I would be satisfied and whatever truck you decide make sure your local hobby store carry parts because its been times a day before a big race I needed parts on the spot
Old 03-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

losi and mugen are 2 top notch truggies on the market ...both wear out parts depending on driver skills....losi servos no problem just go the servo setup sheet there should be no problems ...imo you cant go wrong wirh losi ..you get $150 back.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 305M3
I've got the 8ight T 2.0 RTR. GREAT kit and comes with everything.

It'll give you a vehicle to hone your skills and then you can upgrade to the 2.0 roller!

Good luck, they're all great fun.
I bought a Losi, I say you should too. I have always had good luck with their stuff. I have had bad luck with HPI. That has been my experience. The difference between the RTR and the 2.0 race roller is the chassis, shock towers and shock caps. You would want to replace the RTR servos with something better but other than that, the value is unbelievable. The Losi 454 is a bit of a nitro hog but it gets it done. I am thinking about getting a Losi RTR buggy.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Don't leave Xray out of the debate. Everyone always forgets Xray!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.