Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PNB SCHEDULE MIX UP

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The key was to pit right at the start. The way they started the race was from a staging area before the front strait, with the loop about 1/3 of the way down the front strait. The best method was to have your guy drop you at the start roll around easy toward pit road, just before the loop, punch it, roll up the ramp, shoot down the pit road (which was usually empty, another plus) have somebody pick you up, touch your vehicle to the wall then back to the piy road and you were off. I pitted on my first lap every quali and on my 2nd race my first lap was a 57 second lap. Definately an advantage, I was tq, and on my 2nd quali I pitted on my first lap and still camout of the pits in the front. Had another tq pace going with less than a minute and only the 2nd time I had to be marshalled, he grabbed my truck by the sides and his finger found my flywheel, then he went to roll my truck across the front strait back to the pits so I could atleast finish my race-and he didn't see the other truck coming full wood and BAM broadside, snapped a rear camber link plastic end. I just knew from the sound that it ripped the rear off the truck. Oh well its my fault for being marshalled in the first place-that's racing!!

Originally Posted by blktransam
mandatory stops r u kiding me?!?! whats the point of having a effeciant engine if you can not use it to ur advantage?..

Ryan
Old 03-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Dude that sucks we didn't get to chill. I went over there man, and dude said you were sleeping in the tent or something, haha

I got about 8 hours sleep in the 4 days we were there, I lost my voice. I did ok in the mains. I finished second in the H main, and got to bump to the G. Was having a great run, running 4th, then I ran out of fuel and a kid that was turn marshalling every race just let it sit there for over a minute.

I don't use the bathroom at public places, so I never saw the bathroom situation, but I heard it was rough
Bah....next time...just open the tent and yell. I would have woken up ;-) I slept pretty light all weekend. Caught an hour or 2 when I could...you know how it went! Was pretty "Psycho". haha
Old 03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by njballa
Bathrooms were a nightmare, PNB has out grown hendersons arena!!!
Dave and Ollie put on a great event.. 86 the wall and bring back the big jump!!
That wall was a JOKE to get over...if you tried it more than a few times...you should have found quite a few easy ways to get over it ;-) It did separate quite a few people though. but in Sportsman it also caused a LOT of pileups!

I personally liked it....in practice I thought it sucked, but by Qual 1 I had it down pat and was hugging the inside line nearly every time.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Dude that sucks we didn't get to chill. I went over there man, and dude said you were sleeping in the tent or something, haha

I got about 8 hours sleep in the 4 days we were there, I lost my voice. I did ok in the mains. I finished second in the H main, and got to bump to the G. Was having a great run, running 4th, then I ran out of fuel and a kid that was turn marshalling every race just let it sit there for over a minute.

I don't use the bathroom at public places, so I never saw the bathroom situation, but I heard it was rough
Hey are you the guy in the cammo hat and jacket that helped pit for me?I was the guy with the white and black xray.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bcr500
Hey are you the guy in the cammo hat and jacket that helped pit for me?I was the guy with the white and black xray.
Yep, that was me, glad I could help man. Did you ever find out about your starter box?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yep, that was me, glad I could help man. Did you ever find out about your starter box?
Here's how the stater box went down. Someone stole my stepsons and i assumed he left his box there for me to borrow since he lent me his car, well i wasn't going to let that box get stolen too so i took it not knowing he was the 1st race.
Karma gets you though because i made him miss his race i missed mine.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

okay a mandatory stop during the quals is "okay" I thought it was during the main like you HAD to pit like 4-5 times my bad..

Ryan
Old 03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
Here's how the stater box went down. Someone stole my stepsons and i assumed he left his box there for me to borrow since he lent me his car, well i wasn't going to let that box get stolen too so i took it not knowing he was the 1st race.
Karma gets you though because i made him miss his race i missed mine.
Yea i did leave it for you but all the lack of sleep made me forget lol.Brendan thank you also for helping me out!I couldnt have even raced at all if it wasnt for you boomgagem.thanks guys!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

anyone got video? and what happened with the record jump
Old 03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

World Record Jump was a bust really. They tried it on Saturday and Sunday...both didn't go so hot.

Saturday Run Down:

Drake went first, he had strapped a model rocket engine to his buggy. His first attempt he went like 130 feet, but the rocket misfired and messed him up a bit. Second Attempt the rocket never fired (I think?) and he didn't go very far and busted up his buggy. I think he made a 3rd attempt as well and maybe he broke on that one....it's all a blur really, but that buggy was FLYING with that rocket engine on that back!

Alan Burton went next and he was SCREWING up that ramp! He would have EASILY had the record, but his front wheel clipped the power lin in mid air and it slammed him to the ground breaking his rig. He was only like 6 feet short of the record too! AWESOME run Alan!

Ryan Lutz went last and he missed the ramp on his first run and went towards the crowd. Luckily, he maintained control and no one got hit, but it was a close call for sure. Second attempt went better, but he too clipped the power lines and broke the rear off his Buggy.

Sunday was just Drake and Lutz making attempts. They moved the ramp to avoid the power lines, but neither Drake nor Lutz could break the record.

Drake went first, and the rocket engine looked to unsettle the buggy and he went careening off the ramp nearly into the crowd with the rocket still firing off. He cartwheeled a few times and busted up the front end of his buggy.

Lutz had a few good attempts in, but he was going too fast and at an angle on one of his runs so he had to shut off to make sure he hit the ramp, and it killed his distance. He tried again and made a good attempt, but not close to the record and he busted up his buggy as well.

Drake came back to make another attempt as well, but busted up again I believe.

All in all it was a GREAT showing...and a blast to watch, but no records were broken. They shot video so I'm sure it will be on YouTube shortly ;-)
Old 03-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Ya what happened with the jump?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I missed the jump. I got some video of my cousin running, and he got some of me, but he can't film, so he only got about 3 minutes of my heat.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My friend almost missed is qual. I knew about the 6am start and woke up at 5:30 but fell back asleep. Woke up again at 6:35 and he was race #3. Got him up and out there with about 2 minutes till his start lol! Just made.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah a LOT of guys missed or almost missed their mains on Sunday morning. haha I was Race 12 and was out of bed at 6:15AM....so luckily I had enough time.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shady3031
The key was to pit right at the start. The way they started the race was from a staging area before the front strait, with the loop about 1/3 of the way down the front strait. The best method was to have your guy drop you at the start roll around easy toward pit road, just before the loop, punch it, roll up the ramp, shoot down the pit road (which was usually empty, another plus) have somebody pick you up, touch your vehicle to the wall then back to the piy road and you were off. I pitted on my first lap every quali and on my 2nd race my first lap was a 57 second lap. Definately an advantage, I was tq, and on my 2nd quali I pitted on my first lap and still camout of the pits in the front. Had another tq pace going with less than a minute and only the 2nd time I had to be marshalled, he grabbed my truck by the sides and his finger found my flywheel, then he went to roll my truck across the front strait back to the pits so I could atleast finish my race-and he didn't see the other truck coming full wood and BAM broadside, snapped a rear camber link plastic end. I just knew from the sound that it ripped the rear off the truck. Oh well its my fault for being marshalled in the first place-that's racing!!
I was sitting at the entrance of pit road when your truggy got hammered. My 9 year old son looked at me and said " man that hurt" . I just shook my head when the turn marshall did it. He never even looked to see if anyone was coming. I'm suprised it didn't break more parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.