Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 NC 25MIN VID-WHOS THE WHINY B*TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mayfield is one of the best drivers out there and he was having a bad race and got hacked a few times so what he dropped the f bomb a few hundred times what's the big deal. Yea he should have controled his temper alittle better but O well.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
+1 it just makes you look like a fool.

look i understand that you are getting ,paid but i know its not enough money to make a living. and your racing a toy car.
I don't know how true it is but I've heard they make some good money ?
Old 02-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its competition............I have never been to a race and not seen or heard this kind of thing happening. But you put more drama in the pits and on the stand and we will have our own reality show.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Apparently you didn't see the vid!

Originally Posted by Maximo
the only person I see whining is you mate !!!

this is what this guy does for a living, this is how he puts bread on the table,,,, the better he does, the more he makes...He got legitimately hacked on the track and his engine had a tune or clutch issue....
I dont act that way. Its called class some folks have it-some don't. I just think its sad thats considered acceptable. And what would you call someone who bitched about other drivers-bitched about marshalls-bitched about his engine. If it quacks like a bitch-acts like bitch-its a bitch! Yeah I know people get hot but thats no excuse. I see at the local level all the time too. Cuss at me when I am marshalling and you will have to come off the stand flip your own dam car! Sh*t happens all the time in life you got be man enough to deal with it and not act like a baby. Mate.

Last edited by JonnyW; 02-25-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: error
Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnyW
I dont act that way. Its called class some folks have some don't. And what would you call someone who bitched about other drivers-bitched about marshalls-bitched about his engine. If it quacks like a bitch-acts like bitch-its a bitch! Yeah I know people get hot but thats no excuse. I see at the local level all the time too. Cuss at me when I am marshalling and you will have to come off the stand flip your own dam car! Sh*t happens all the time in life you got be man enough to deal with it and not act like a baby. Mate.
I don't like seeing that stuff at the club level either.... I am more of a relaxed type of guy when I am racing, and I do find when people get all worked up to be distracting and can really throw my game off.... However when you are talking about the PRO's who are paid to compete and actually have their livelihoods on the line I can definitely understand and accept if they get worked up when things go bad...I laugh when club guys get all worked up as they are racing for nothing, but a Pro is on a different level and the race track is his jobsite....How they do in the race does actually matter and they are racing for alot more then a mere bowling trophy..... That hack you have in the video could have costhim many positions in the race, and those positions lost could mean thousands less $$ in his pocket at the end of the day from the performance bonuses with his sponsors..... I would swear too if a dirty hit cost me a few grand.....
Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mate get over it....if you don't like it, wear ear plugs.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hack?

Originally Posted by Maximo
I don't like seeing that stuff at the club level either.... I am more of a relaxed type of guy when I am racing, and I do find when people get all worked up to be distracting and can really throw my game off.... However when you are talking about the PRO's who are paid to compete and actually have their livelihoods on the line I can definitely understand and accept if they get worked up when things go bad...I laugh when club guys get all worked up as they are racing for nothing, but a Pro is on a different level and the race track is his jobsite....How they do in the race does actually matter and they are racing for alot more then a mere bowling trophy..... That hack you have in the video could have costhim many positions in the race, and those positions lost could mean thousands less $$ in his pocket at the end of the day from the performance bonuses with his sponsors..... I would swear too if a dirty hit cost me a few grand.....
Travis isn't a hack. He just been driving a D8 too long. My bad that crossed the line.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

there is no excuse to act like a jerk on the driver stand. we have all been on a driver stand next to "that guy" thats having a meltdown and it sucks. there is nothing worse than being next to somebody that is screaming, yelling and stomping around. i have big name pros at my local spot all the time, very rarely do you see stuff like this. when you do, its almost always the same 2 or 3 offenders.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know Travis didn't do it on purpose he just lost control of his car and just so happen to hit mayfield things like that happen in racing.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Yea im 50/50 on this one.. I too-So far never swear whilst on the rostrum and in the pits or on the track for that matter. But If I was to put myself in his place.. I think I would be very worked up.. and I can see how he cussed a few times.. But-Then, I think alot of people would realise then stop but he did drown on.. I just think, that people saying yes its fine-wear earplugs ect.. really isnt the right attitude we need to be doing. If we want younger kids to start rc and race.. its not a good attitude to have at the track people cussing at eachother. YES everyone has there moments.. and says things they shouldnt have.. but then again.. most stop-After they reaslise.. or sometimes appologise. Me persnally I think its wrong him swearing specially.. loads and calling his Reedy Piece of s**t... But thats my view.. I think we all need to think and no make this cussing acceptable.. as it looks likes happening.. -I almost think warnings should be given out too..
Old 02-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I don't think it acceptable but we all do it in our own ways...I say get over it and let it be
Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

our hobby has to evolve... having a lot of cameras around and video on the internet is going to help that evolution... painfully yes, but evolution none-the-less... Honestly the race promoter shouldn't allow video taping on the stand unless it is controlled by him for this exact reason. This is tantamount to putting a microphone in the helmet of an NFL player and not telling him.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
Me persnally I think its wrong him swearing specially.. loads and calling his Reedy Piece of s**t...
So you gonna run the Reedy instead of your Speed on the 7th then Jamie You know what Byrners thought of his Reedy experience

Good vid though, what ever's going on the back ground. You just gotta live with it, life's too short. May be draw the line at fighting on the rostrum (yup, seen that happen).
Old 02-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No matter what your opinion is and how much you dont like it, cursing, yell and s**t talking is part of the hobby and will never go away. My kids know and understand this.

Last edited by J.Whiting; 02-25-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

This ought to be a lesson for all of us that our bad conduct could be saved for posterity and replayed on the Internet for all to see and never let us forget it either. (cuz that's the guy thing to do! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.