Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long mains?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

a pic from lik 2 years ago racing with the pros. my legs were already going to sleep i just give it the old captain morgan lol from right to left its edd woodard,me,battalie,mazzara,slayden and dont know who else lol

Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Prophet

man that place is foggy from, the nitro smoke lol. but thats a good ,techinique for the long mains .
Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
man that place is foggy from, the nitro smoke lol. but thats a good ,techinique for the long mains .
i bet you could almost smell the cancer
Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yea motorama at farm show complex lol think i was standing up there for 30 mins already while they were clearing the smoke out.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
+1 been there done that. an hour main is nothin compared to four 30 min motos in 100+ degree weather. i could stand up there for hours with no problem. i started doing RC racing when i had a career ending injury in motocross.
+1 on long Amains. I too am an injured mxer. Almost A year and a half now since the fall at Glen Helen OTHG vet National.I now have a Screwed together hip and a heeled up broken back (L- 2-3-4. Heads still a little goofy from concussion though.lol..Thank god for off road RC racing to take care of the racing arenaline needs.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds dumb but dont go to the bathroom before the main. Hold it before you get on the stand. You will be moving the whole time for sure.

I dont have an injury but something that holds me back is my contacts. I cant wear glasses cause it get me dizzy. If you wear contacts then you know what I mean when they start to fog up.

If you blink more than a second there goes your buggy flying into and then over the hay bail. Its has happened a few time to me.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

no falling asleep or anything other than my feet hurting(which begins about 10-15 minutes into standing well before mains usually start)...longest main I've done yet is 20 minutes and never had feet fall asleep but that's because they're already in pain lol
Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default 7 Knee Surgeries!

I am in agony after 30 minutes! My knees throb but the adrenaline keeps me going. I hate it when sweat runs in my eyes and I don't want too much distraction by trying to wipe my forehead with my sleeve. The longest main I've been in was 45 minutes. I could only imagine an hour. I bet those last 15 minutes grind away!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Sounds dumb but dont go to the bathroom before the main. Hold it before you get on the stand. You will be moving the whole time for sure.

I dont have an injury but something that holds me back is my contacts. I cant wear glasses cause it get me dizzy. If you wear contacts then you know what I mean when they start to fog up.

If you blink more than a second there goes your buggy flying into and then over the hay bail. Its has happened a few time to me.
I wear contacts as well. I always have problems with them drying out cause i dont blink enough when im concentrating. Ive lost a contact lens during the race and had to finish with one eye shut! lol.

The only thing worse than havin a leg fall asleep during a long main is having to marshal a long main after you just got done racing. I try to be a quick marshal, but after 30min go by, im usally lookin for a bucket to sit on.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Glad to see I'm not alone. Most I ever did was 2 back to back 45 minute mains. I have actually did it twice. The first time I got through it ok but the second I had to quit halfway through the second main. I normally rock back and forth also.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This is for the guy whom has issues with his feet falling asleep, loosen up the laces on your shoes prior to a long main. With the lack of movement and legs being in a primarly locked position the blood flow to the rest of the body is reduced thus causing swelling of the feet. When this happens and the area (feet) is restricted by semi-tight shoes one will notice numbness and sometimes pain. Hope this helps.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
i kinda start dancing around a little bit. bending my knees, and leaning forward and backward on my feet.
haha glad to see i'm not the only one that end up "dancing around"
Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
try blinking in the air. my dad had the same exact problem until he finally listened to me and started blinking in the air. he was coming down the sand with his eyes red as they could be with them watered up because his eyes were in shock or something from not blink, it looked like he had been crying haha. but once he tried the blinking in the air he started getting better results and stopped making mistakes because of his eyes.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,

we are used to long Mains since we run 45minutes Amain for all our races here in Kuwait, thanks to our race director (Shesha)
new guys to the Amain find it really hard to go on for 45minutes but we always have few tips for them, when you stand still, move your toes all the time, when you get used to it, you will be doing it without even thinking about it, it keeps the blood circulating and you wont feel the numb feeling, also try leaning from one side to the other with bending one knee at a time. when you pit for fuel, blink as much as possible, i blink 300 times in 5 seconds

just my 2 cents

cheers
Ali