Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Ran the buggy last night for the first time and overall was very happy. My PT was not getting read in the the PT box, so do not drop it in there as per instructions!
Car was tail happy when I first dropped it down, but I dropped the shocks one hole as well as increasing camber in the rear and it was way more planted. This buggy turns and rotates like nothing out there. My 808 with an active front diff still does not turn as sharp as the A8. Acceleration is fantastic and it jumps smooth and level. I have Gene set up on it with some changes to the rear to make it more planted and I was running on a small track that was fairly open and flowing.
There are some areas of concern that I will address and fix like rear shocks slightly leaking, front steering links are already sloppy and I am going to refit those with XRAY ones and also put a bolt and nut all the way through. I will post pics when done. This buggy is very impressive indeed. Racing it again on Saturday. more then
Try a 5K rear diff next time out. Then you don't have to have all your other options maxed out on getting the rear to stick.

Your running with John Young at the Fear Farm right?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

No I ran with John at SRS last night. He got second and I got 4th in the B main, he bumped to the A and got 7th I think, but he ran out of fuel trying to go 10 minutes. It was an open buggy class and there were quite a few pros running with us. It was great night, we all had a blast
Old 07-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hey Joey,
I am actually the one that was running with John at Fear farm. Ran again last night with him at SRS. He was telling me you went 5/5/5 and are really liking it. Next big track I run at, i am going to 5k, running 3k at SRS, which is small and tight. I got mined dialed last night. Completely different car from last week! Have you checked your outer steering link balls? Mine looked to be getting really stretched out. I am worried they will start poping off easily, since they aren't captured.

Loving the car.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billetboy
Hey Joey,
I am actually the one that was running with John at Fear farm. Ran again last night with him at SRS. He was telling me you went 5/5/5 and are really liking it. Next big track I run at, i am going to 5k, running 3k at SRS, which is small and tight. I got mined dialed last night. Completely different car from last week! Have you checked your outer steering link balls? Mine looked to be getting really stretched out. I am worried they will start poping off easily, since they aren't captured.

Loving the car.
I popped an outer steering rod end after 2 months of running, so I replaced the ball end with a bump steer ball end and used a screw and washer to capture it - no problems since.
But every car out there pops ball ends. My buddies RC8T has done it or broke one the last 3 races I pitted him in and the ball ends were all new. It is an easy fix for added security and peace of mind.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billetboy
Hey Joey,

Loving the car.
Mine have been good so far. I did take a hard hit the first time out and my pit guy popped her back on. Ever since then its been holding up A ok. But I will do what Gene said when I start having some issues. My car is dialed now! Just working on fine tuning the shocks. I'm also designing some carbon towers with more chamber link adjustment holes like the AE car had.

Johnny's a great guy, very cool to race with! I'm going to miss running with him out here!!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

My car is finally built, late night and half the day but its ready

I'll post some pics here in a bit and a few things I did during the build

I put Daniel's setup on mine for the first go around, should be pretty planted.

Also keep in mind guys when you throw down the car right outta the gate its going take a few tanks to get everything broke in, outdrives, ring and pinions etc. once those things break in the grip goes up on any car. So try not to make wholesale changes until you've got 5 or so tanks through it.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tony Newland

Also keep in mind guys when you throw down the car right outta the gate its going take a few tanks to get everything broke in, outdrives, ring and pinions etc. once those things break in the grip goes up on any car. So try not to make wholesale changes until you've got 5 or so tanks through it.
Right, Losi says to put 1 gallon through theirs before the rear traction comes up. Mine seemed to be the same way, with each tank it got more and more traction and still has amazing steering and turn in.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Totally agree…. I posted this in the B5 section early today. This weekend was my first race with the new car. My qualifying rounds were more for testing but I was still able to put in some good laps, not the best but ok for me. After constantly making changes through the day the car was getting better and better! At the beginning of the C main I basically changed the whole car around and was able to checkout from the field with ex-teammate Eric. Both of us got the bump to the B and did the same as well in the B main. We both bumped to the A and were “werking” our way through the field. By lap five I was running 6th and the other front 5 were all on course control. After about 15mins into the A main the throttle servo decided to have its last breath and took a shit. All in all I had a great weekend with the B5! I’m very happy that all I had to worry about was chassis and tire setups. The temps were 98deg with 78% humidity and no flame outs from my Werks. Not once did I have to worry about this engine!!
Attached Thumbnails NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY-c-main.jpg   NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY-b-main.jpg  
Old 07-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Greg B,
I was running 5,5,5 in the diffs.
I have since gone to 5,5,3.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Pics...

Old 07-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Pics...
Very nice! Wish mine was still that clean.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Pics...
Looks nice. Just so you know, your front right steering link end is on backwards.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Looks nice. Just so you know, your front right steering link end is on backwards.
someone was in a hurry
Old 07-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Originally Posted by Jaz240
someone was in a hurry
lmao thats awesome

I had to take it off and flip the turnbuckle around, I still managed to screw it up putting it back on nice, the funny thing is I took my time on this one.. goes to show throw it together in 2hrs and it'll be dialed
Old 07-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Lord

Tony Take your Transponder out of the box and mount it on top. It does not read in there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.