Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Funny you should ask that Brian, Gene and I were discussing it today but he had no good news at all. Seems the factory is just not ready to get on the truggy just yet. The good news is that Gene and everyone else at Agama USA is riding them hard to get the truggy to market. No prototype that I know of. I don't even know of there are CAD drawings yet. I'm sure Gene will chime in with some more info when he can.

Guess that means end of the year at the earliest huh? Not sure how long it takes to go from drawing board to kit for sale. Judging by the lack of problems with the buggy when it was released I'd guess that Agama does a fair amount of testing before starting the mfg process.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

90% of the truggy is already done. We drive it every weekend in the form of the buggy. The truggy would just be a longer chassis, longer A arms, longer CVD's and taller shock towers with an extended radio tray. I'm sure once they put it all together it would just take some minor tweaks to get it race worthy. There is just no definative timeline as to when this will all begin. Gene did tell me though that truggy has been moved ahead of the E buggy so at least that's some good news
Old 05-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by VPProUSA
Do not shim the diffs tight -shim them correctly so they are butter smooth all around. Then after 1 gallon rechech and reshim if needed. Running them tight will wear them out faster. If they are shimed right with no side to side movement, no in and out movement on the outdrives, and pinion shimed out to proper ring gear alignment, they will never strip out.
yeah exactly what i did and man was it smooth .after reshimming after that first gallon, real nice!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

hello,

someone has tested the new +2mm cap shock ?
why this choice making that part in option?

thanks a lot
Old 05-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

90% of the truggy is already done. We drive it every weekend in the form of the buggy. The truggy would just be a longer chassis, longer A arms, longer CVD's and taller shock towers with an extended radio tray. I'm sure once they put it all together it would just take some minor tweaks to get it race worthy. There is just no definative timeline as to when this will all begin. Gene did tell me though that truggy has been moved ahead of the E buggy so at least that's some good news
+2 .
Old 05-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Gene, You are using clutch shims to shim the pinions correct?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up more progressive shock position adaptor

Your LHS obviously had 1 of the old kits left Noddy and you got it. There are 3 parts that are not used. 1 is a transponder mount with no place to actually mount it. Another part is if you want to lay down your shocks almost perpendicular to the arms and the 3rd part is a bunch of bearing covers if you want to run smaller bearings.
thank you Jas240 and also Babygrand48 .

I can see how the adaptors would work .Very interesting ,like having the lower-shock mounted further out on the arm ,without requiring longer shock-shafts and bodies ,or creating clearance problems with the wheels.And also slowing progression considerably .Could be worth a try ? but on what kind of track ?

and i should'nt complain about the transponder mount ,because i had a real good ,close look at every detail of the build trying to figure where it went.

As for the local LHS, they all had a rotten deal with severe weather this year,floods,cyclones,and transport came to a halt .so kits got opened to source parts etc .i guess like you say i got one old kit ,and one new.
My nearest HS is 350 kilometers away unfortunately . freight costs the same as from US ,but takes longer to get here .Considering this ,i buy local when i can ,like kits,and when i go away to race ,but have been getting most of my gear from the US and Hongkong .Very good variety and service from the US.

ive mounted my transponder right up front ,in the box ,(batt in the back)with the reciever to the rear of the box ,with double side'd tape (soft black stuff)
and like you said Brian ,spent a long time on it ,doing it properly. all i gota do is build the rear shocks ,and through the JS in .ready for test and tune tomorow .Race Sunday,..cant wait .
Old 05-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up different shock pistons ?

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
VP-Pro USA 17mm machined tapered shock pistons now available for the Agama A8 buggy. 6 hole, 8 hole, and 10 hole.

Ive been searching the thread all night ,looking for info about shock pistons ,and finally found this post with pictures . I couldn't work out what everyone was saying about chamfer,taper ,round side,flat side up etc ,i can see what you mean now

our 2001 Ausi kits come with up-grade shock pistons, (apparently) the std ones,6x1.4 holes.extra set ,8x1.2 .But neither of them have a domed side,like the VP PRO ones in the picture .they are flat ,like buttons,@2.6 mm thick . With the contact area @ 1mm,with a chamfer either side ,one @ 1mm ,the other @.6mm.

Anyway ,thats what we get here . I cant decide wheather to fit with the larger (1mm)chamfer up,or down ? and what difference it would make if any ??? . Any advice on this issue would be appreciated .

front . I fitted with large chamfer down ,6 holes 1.4mm ,offna jamin compensators ,1mm cap-relief hole ,with 5mm foams ,losi 35 oil ,orange springs ,and short links and @1/3 rebound
rear . large chamfer down ,8 holes 1.2mm (2 drilled to 1.5),offna comps,,1mm cap hole , 5mm foams ,losi 27.5 oil, green springs ,long links ,and 1/4 rebound .

Does this sound right ??? First run in the morning .I guess ime gona find out how it goes ,but would like a second oppinion please .

Last edited by noddy2; 05-20-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: add info
Old 05-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noddy2
Ive been searching the thread all night ,looking for info about shock pistons ,and finally found this post with pictures . I couldn't work out what everyone was saying about chamfer,taper ,round side,flat side up etc ,i can see what you mean now

our 2001 Ausi kits come with up-grade shock pistons, (apparently) the std ones,6x1.4 holes.extra set ,8x1.2 .But neither of them have a domed side,like the VP PRO ones in the picture .they are flat ,like buttons,@2.6 mm thick . With the contact area @ 1mm,with a chamfer either side ,one @ 1mm ,the other @.6mm.

Anyway ,thats what we get here . I cant decide wheather to fit with the larger (1mm)chamfer up,or down ? and what difference it would make if any ??? . Any advice on this issue would be appreciated .

front . I fitted with large chamfer down ,6 holes 1.4mm ,offna jamin compensators ,1mm cap-relief hole ,with 5mm foams ,losi 35 oil ,orange springs ,and short links .
rear . large chamfer down ,8 holes 1.2mm (2 drilled to 1.5),offna comps,,1mm cap hole , 5mm foams ,losi 27.5 oil, green springs ,long links .

Does this sound right ??? First run in the morning .I guess ime gona find out how it goes ,but would like a second oppinion please .
Your going to want to run the tapper down. Ill let someone else explain the difference of running them up or down.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Lord

If I remember correctly from someone else's post if you run the taper down you will have better pack, and if you run taper up you have faster rebound rate.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Lord

thank you Jas240 and also Babygrand48 .

I can see how the adaptors would work .Very interesting ,like having the lower-shock mounted further out on the arm ,without requiring longer shock-shafts and bodies ,or creating clearance problems with the wheels.And also slowing progression considerably .Could be worth a try ? but on what kind of track ?
Gene told me they use them on European tracks. I dont remember why. I think its because they are smoother with smaller jumps but I'm not sure. I've never tried them but I am kinda curious now.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default shock piston taper

Originally Posted by Josh Pease
Your going to want to run the tapper down. Ill let someone else explain the difference of running them up or down.
thanks josh , but they arent the tapered ones ,just a small chamfer both sides ,one a little more than the other ,? anyway ,i ended up putting larger chamfer down ,
Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

running the taper down it will make the shock rebound faster and provide more pack. running the taper up will give you less pack. i run them taper down and im not sure if i have ever heard of someone running taper up.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

thanks josh , but they arent the tapered ones ,just a small chamfer both sides ,one a little more than the other ,? anyway ,i ended up putting larger chamfer down ,
Do u have any pics of these?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

i think you will find they are just the standard pistons, the chamfer referred to just removes the sharp edge off the item

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.