Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Woohoo gas tank fix coming! That's awesome. I hate having to use a losi tank. When can we expect the new wing mount Gene?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is there going to be a new batch of kits with all the revisions in it?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Underway, I will be at motorama.
Good deal... I'll be there also. Its a great race...I think we met at LCRC briefly. i was driving a mugen at that race. I know there were two A8's there.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Fuel tank issues ? VP USA recommends thicker fuel line to repair stock tank, Is this the case for every A8 tank or a just a bad batch of tanks that came out of production.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

I don't think its the tank as much as it is the smaller stock fuel line. I would replace it. I used larger Kyosho fuel line.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Lord

The current tanks have a weak sealing lid. The tank can suck air through the lid and also cause pressure to escape. Gene just posted that a new O ring for the lid is coming to eliminate this problem. Until then I have been using the Losi tank which is a direct drop in and works great.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Woohoo gas tank fix coming! That's awesome. I hate having to use a losi tank. When can we expect the new wing mount Gene?
You can preload the spring with some collates similar to those on the throttle and brake linkages. Attach them where the spring hits the tank, and move them in on the spring wire to add some pre-load. Some people have cut off a hex wrench to fit under the springs too. This will force the cap down in the mean time until the o-ring fix is out. I also installed the Losi fuel door spring which is a bit harder than the agama spring, and the Losi fuel tubing that Tony recommended several pages ago. The two changes seem to have had a good effect. Need to do some practice pit stops to make sure.

It should also be said that going WOT out of the pit just after a fill may be a bad idea. The tank will have very little air pressure in it. So best to blip the throttle to bring pressure up in the tank.

Matt
Old 11-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds like 2 seperate problems, don't see how going with a larger fuel line would help with problem with O-ring on tank lid ?. Have already done this mod a few times with other tanks that feed fuel line directly thru the tank.
As long as VP-Pro USA is willing to correct any problems that come up with the A8, that is all that you can ask from a company.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramirez24
Sounds like 2 seperate problems, don't see how going with a larger fuel line would help with problem with O-ring on tank lid ?. Have already done this mod a few times with other tanks that feed fuel line directly thru the tank.
As long as VP-Pro USA is willing to correct any problems that come up with the A8, that is all that you can ask from a company.
Its a matter of perspective. It would be ideal to see the part on my doorstep free of charge to replace the existing part in each of my 3 kits. But I know the reality is I'll have to buy it. Now, having said that, I have the confidence to say it will be 100% fixed with the new part and the fuel tubing. So, I'll take it hands down. A few more dollars for an o-ring is not going to break the bank, and I'm sure since its a fix, VP-PRO is not setting out to profit from the part, but simply to recover the product and distribution costs.

Matt
Old 11-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

I have already installed the Oring mod and seems to be working better as far as the lid goes. I am still going to replace the lid with a Losi lid to stiffen the spring. It still seems to me that theres a little leaning at the lower fuel levels but want some more time on it with the fixes so far.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Lord

For those new guys who have not been following from the beginning the fuel tubing and the tanks lid are two seperate issues. The stock tank leaks from the hole where the tube inserts and also from the lid. Yes you can do all kinds of mods and labor to get it all working properly which will cost you $5-8 in parts or you can spend $15 and just drop in a losi tank. You will lose the splash gard and also some good mounting positions for fuel filter, exhaust gas cooler and possibly air filter if you use the losi filter but you will not have tuning issues or random flame outs. For me it's not worth a possible DNF over a $15 fuel tank, so until Agama gets a new tank released I'm sticking with the Losi. Look good at the Pictures of Levi's car. That's a losi tank. I am excited that agama is rectifying the problem with the tank and the weak wing mount. After that this car should be perfect right out of the box!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jaz, wasnt there something about the brake discs, diff o rings and wing mount?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by kamlooper
Jaz, wasnt there something about the brake discs, diff o rings and wing mount?
Those issues have already been addressed and rectified. I do not know for sure if the new diff o- rings and new brake discs are in the kit boxes or not. You will have to ask that of an authorized Agama representative, but I do know that both the new Brake discs and the diff O-rings have been out and available for some time.
As far as the wing mount the stock one works fine, but has two minor issues. The plastic is slightly weak and will bend under serious stress and the lock nuts spin inside the mounts which makes tightening and removing the screws a PITA. Its more of a nuisance than a defect though.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

ok never had a problem with the tank other then having to drill a hole through for the pressure line, but the wig stay i've had to replace it 3 times already as it bends like it's made of butter other then that the car has been great....
Old 11-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Tech Initiate

hey gene,

I cant find those new Diff o-rings (the orange ones) here in Germany...

for the tank, the fuel tube has to have a larger diameter then the stock one to solve the leaking problem from the tube - is this correct?

I also read something about 2.4mm rear swaybars - where do you get them (selfmade? other brand?) i can only buy 2,6 2,8 and 3,0 rear and 2,1 2,3 and 2,5 front..

thanks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.