Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default I concur ;)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
Actually it is. I know 3 people that run a MBX6 all three had the chassis's bend within the first few gallons of fuel threw the car the exact same way. They replaced the Stock chassis's with BCE's and no more problems.
I went through 3 myself last summer. Not knocking the buggy...hands down the best I've driven in all aspects. But the chassis durability leave a bit to be desired.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

truggy in the works?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Wow let me pick my jaw up off the floor...........Ok
Will there be a electric version?
This thing looks sick!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
Wow let me pick my jaw up off the floor...........Ok
Will there be a electric version?
This thing looks sick!
There would be an electric ver but not anytime soon.

For everyone concerned about the weight....worry not...according to durango's blog,

Originally Posted by Durango's Blog Entry 1/20/10
"The 408 will probably be the lightest car on the market, this is thanks to many design considerations, but it is easy to see the thinking on the rear-end of the car; minimalistic gearbox case, slender but tough bulkheads and the smallest rear overhang of any car."
Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kinda funny in one of the pics that were scrolling on Neo Buggy the rear shocks were mounted on the back side of the A-Arms.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gasser
Kinda funny in one of the pics that were scrolling on Neo Buggy the rear shocks were mounted on the back side of the A-Arms.
That's because they're made intentionally reversible.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If this buggy is capable of winning races.........it is gonna be the a Bitchin Ride. I hope the other brands step it up too. Koytoy and Xray have nothing on this buggy. Really nice to see some true 2010 engineering going on. I am gonna keep a eye on this one. It will come down to parts support and distribution, but these guys seem to have their Shiz together.

This is the engineering I like to see, not backwards carbs and messy linkages, but who knows, performance is everything.

The Serpent thread got pretty quite. LOL
Old 01-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
I beg to differ on that one point. Considering all the CNCed parts and engraving, I'm somewhat amazed that they can sell the car for so cheap.

I've had an XRAY 808, and currently have an MBX-6 and K car MP9; the latter being stupid expensive, especially considering that the craftsmanship for the two former cars is considerably better and significantly cheaper. When you list out everything you get with the Durango as STANDARD equipment, it comes out to less than a comparably option-laden regular buggy.

Does this guarantee that it will perform as well as it looks? Most certainly not, but Durango seem to have always put forth very competitive machines, even way back when you couldn't buy their cars, even if you wanted to. Also, in as much as this project has been around for quite a few years, I dare think that they were able to hone the car's handling to optimum levels with all the testing they've done during that time.

I'm not so much worried about Durango as I am about every other buggy maker out there

I was thinking today about all the milled aluminum on the durango buggy. And i had a thought that maybe the person who designed/builds/engineers the buggy must be really proficient in cnc machines or own alot of milling equipment.

I have a hard time understanding milled aluminum for center diff supports and such. Injection molding cnc machines cost a TON. Not saying this is what happened, but there sure is alot of cnc aluminum on that buggy. Someone has easy access or a abundance of it. And this would be why they can keep the price down. I cannot think for a second that a car manufacturer is going to go out of their way to design that much milled aluminum. Besides, composites flex and is part of the design. Aluminum bends, i have a mugen front aluminum tower that says so.

I also cannot think of one hop up (from the looks of it) for this car.

Oh and about my mugen chassis. I still have one that is good (out of the three), and don't get me wrong i absolutely love my mugen and couldn't think of driving anything different. But the king headz extended mount is almost a must for it.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some very cool thinking on that car. I really like some of the features.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well shit. when the hell can we buy one!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
If this buggy is capable of winning races.........it is gonna be the a Bitchin Ride. I hope the other brands step it up too. Koytoy and Xray have nothing on this buggy. Really nice to see some true 2010 engineering going on. I am gonna keep a eye on this one. It will come down to parts support and distribution, but these guys seem to have their Shiz together.

This is the engineering I like to see, not backwards carbs and messy linkages, but who knows, performance is everything.

The Serpent thread got pretty quite. LOL
lets split one ...just to see
Old 01-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
well shit. when the hell can we buy one!
I want one>>>
Old 01-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

judging from the buzz this buggy is gonna be the hot topic this year ....
i dont even race buggy and i cant stop looking at the cool pics
Old 01-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Does anyone know who will be the U.S. distributor ?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

that car will the diomand of all cars it looks very very nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.