Wiki Posts
Search

P/S resizing and pinching

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayA
Dion has resizing tooling designed to resize sleeve cylinders,reforming the sleeve alloys using internal and external control. state of the art equipment
Thanks Ray, hows the healing comeing. Oh ya, the tooling I use is great and i appreciated you inventing it.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigde2001
Thanks Ray, hows the healing comeing. Oh ya, the tooling I use is great and i appreciated you inventing it.
X2.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default cool beans

Originally Posted by McFly505
X2.
Cool beans guys!
I like that you're better resizers than the Song N Dance guys attempting close tollerancing using cheap tools. You see their forum posts BUt never their equipment. I honestly prefer resized piston + sleeve sets allready lapped in and work hardened, over NIB. I donot have the patience for new engine breakin required burning a gallon fuel or better on the ground. HAHA I'm still as much a victem new engine hype and buy one new engine model every year just because
Old 01-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayA
Cool beans guys!
I like that you're better resizers than the Song N Dance guys attempting close tollerancing using cheap tools. You see their forum posts BUt never their equipment. I honestly prefer resized piston + sleeve sets allready lapped in and work hardened, over NIB. I donot have the patience for new engine breakin required burning a gallon fuel or better on the ground. HAHA I'm still as much a victem new engine hype and buy one new engine model every year just because
in your opinion ray, wat manufactuer makes the longest lasting P/S?

Nova, pico, siro, O.S., werks, RB. (or some other i did not mention)

all being driven the same of course.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default #1 for value per cost Novarossi N21B Limited

Originally Posted by dreaux
in your opinion ray, wat manufactuer makes the longest lasting P/S?

Nova, pico, siro, O.S., werks, RB. (or some other i did not mention)

all being driven the same of course.
Hands down RB + Novarossi, With Werks snapping at their heels proven to be a nicer bang for the buck

1) The sleeve liner and piston surface finish conditions required least extra attention my recondtioning-resizing services.
2) Feedback from customers has always been best that these engines ran long + hard after service.

My evaluated opinion is based on engine models manufactured thru 2008 and early 2009. There are many less popular engine models manufactured thru 2009 that I am just servicing now. I am not seeing new products for awhile after released.

I may have another view of RB products this years end. And just the same I hope to see more Alpha, Dynamite, Werks, and few other the $200 range engine models with hopes they show to be as resilient the more expensive Novarossi line.

Time we see a $150 buggy engine as popular the OS V-spec
Old 01-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, im caught up on resizing. I have a one day turn around right now. If you need me give me a shout. My email is [email protected]. Thand Dion.

Ray all that fancy talk on here is making me look bad. Ya better be easy on me. JK.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

just got my picco .28 and RB C6 back from Dion and i am amazed! GREAT work especially on the C6 it looks brand new again and it runs like brand new again! i would recomend the medium pinch as the tight pinch i got the picco .28 seemed very tight , the medium pinch on the C6 was just right!
I would definatly recommend this to anyone who is thinking about it , it is worth the money!