Wiki Posts
Search

Best clutch for my truggy.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiktor0410
I have Hot Bodies LSP - slightly lightened but it is still heavy And SH .28 8P engine.

Hm I can't decide
Fioroni vs. M2C (Ascendancy looks great, too, but there aren't any spare parts on Amain )

So, Fioroni - less punch than M2C, but shoes will last longer?
Wiktor,

Fioroni is very good as well. As for Amain they do have the complete line up of spares just use the search in the top left hand corner of the page and type in Ascendancy and they all will come up. Hope this helps.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK, I've got them I was looking for them in "clutch parts" nvm

Would I regret if i chose Fioroni clutch instead od M2C and Ascendancy?
Old 12-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiktor0410
I have Hot Bodies LSP - slightly lightened but it is still heavy And SH .28 8P engine.

Hm I can't decide
Fioroni vs. M2C (Ascendancy looks great, too, but there aren't any spare parts on Amain )

So, Fioroni - less punch than M2C, but shoes will last longer?

EDIT: janderson78 - I live in Poland
better with acsendancy or m2c inmho
Old 12-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I am living in germany right now. I was in Poland two weeks ago.

As far as the clutch goes you will be happy with any of the two or three. Just be sure to take the time to tune it correctly. I will be at the Neo Buggy Race. If you can make that I would love to help you.

Since you live in Poland I know Amain is realy good with the customs papers. Just make sure you tell them the ship it in an envelop and it shouldnt cost you anything more.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

this is what i run, and it works great! I like the soft shoes tho..
http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?prod...&categoryId=47
Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK, everybody thank you very much for your replies It helped me very much.

On my budget, I think that I'll try with the Fioroni Turbo Twin and Black shoes.
I think, I won't regret my choice. Now I use Hot Bodies flywheel and SH shoes (2 alu, 1 composite) and I can't imagine that Fioroni could be worse than this

M2C and Ascendancy are too expensive for me (with additional shoes) - I still have to buy some new servos, new 6V packs, set of bearings, some parts for my chasis, new wheels (Pro Line aren't cheap ).

I have a question - they don't add any colet to Fioroni clutch - it seems that the flywheel will fit my SH engine collet, won't it?

And will it work great together with Ultimate Racing vented cluthbells (I mean the diameter, cause I heard that some clutches won't engage if the CB has too large diameter, for ex. Orion V6 clutch )?

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
I just have to say get on AMain and look at the #1 selling clutch (ASCENDANCY). We have NO RACE TEAM so we are not giving the product to a bunch of people so they will say nice things..... All the sales are from word of mouth and how well the clutch works.

Also the price I will tell you again. Ascendancy is 54.99 for the complet clutch. In five minutes Integra will be on here telling you the losi is better and cheaper but if look at all the prices and parts we beat them all and you get all the items you need for tuning the clutch. Nothing more to buy. Ask anyone who has used the clutch and our shoes out last them all 2 to 1 at least.

I am not quite sure what your post has to do with me really .. I have run M2C clutches for about 2 years and so have most of my friends...I recomend M2C clutches because they work so well for me..they are the only clutch so far that can withstand the power of my modified engines... every other clutch I have tried has either lacked the feel I like or the durability and clamping power I need...... Now I do not recomend the Ascendancy to people simply because I have not tried it yet, and I don't buy all the hype on the internet either, till I try it, I will not make a comment on it, one way or the other.......I recomend M2C because its proven to me and has worked for me quite some time, as well it has worked for everyone I have recommended it to.....Can't get any more real then that now can it ?... ................ However with all that being said I would give the ascendancy setup a whirl and see what I think.... I am not biased towards or against the product, i just haven't had the chance to try it....

Now I will say my engines are really powerful, my Picco's especially so in the bottom end..they have a tendency to chew clutches up really fast, especially so because of the type of dirt I run on... In other words I put heavy loading into my clutches , lighter shoe weight systems like the Losi do not have the clamping power I need and tend to slip and melt extremely fast... The M2C shoes have good mass to them and so far have shown to have the clamping power I need... The heavier the shoe, the more clamping power it has ........... Anyways I am more then willing to try a Ascendancy and see if its really twice the clutch the M2C is...I am not biased at all and would be quite happy if the ascendancy is really as good as you claim...I love the M2C's performance as it is, so if something is that much better I am all game for it........ However I will warn you that my clutches see engines and loads that are way beyond what the average racer uses... So if the shoes don't have enough mass I am going to eat em up in a couple of tanks....
Old 12-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default clutch

I have not ran the m2c or ascendancy clutch yet, but I have ran several of the fioroni clutch sys. If you go with fioroni make sure to buy the 70/30 split I run 1 hard & 1 stand. on the 70% side & 1 standard on the 30% side for truggy & really like this set up, but I have only ran the GRP.28 & JPX.28 engines with this set up you should get 5 gallons plus on carbon shoes (very low maintenance clutch) but you will have to replace springs every 1-1 1/2 gallons. In buggy running a .21 engine the clutch last a long time but I have never had what I consider a perfect set up, only because I get a very small lag time right off the bottom. Once you are rolling (aprox. 5 mph) the clutch hooks up great. I have read reviews and opinions myself on the m2c & ascendancy clutch & my new set up is the ascendancy(I have not read one bad review on the ascendancy). I ran stock clutches for awhile a few yrs. ago, and although they seemed to work O.K they would not last long and required lots of maintenance. HOPE THIS HELPS !
Old 12-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I run the answer rc shoes not the whole clutch kit all i can say is the wear is great the price is cheap you get the clutch springs with the shoes for a good price. my friend runs the Fioroni sliding clutch and he swears by it and it seems like alot of people the the m2c and ascendancy so you cant go wrong with these choices.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

just checked out the m2c kit for 53$ it looks like a great deal springs and spring tool nice!! what is the advantage of 4 shoes to 3 shoe clutch systems thanks.