is it bad to run nitro in cold weather?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
nobody races nitro offroad in canada during the spring time and summer
i know it gets warm enough up there.
What I would have thought they would run in the spring and summer, since its warmer and no snow.....Little did I know
Old 12-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
u mean u have to tune it consently when its spring and summer time i wount think u would have to do that.

or u at winter time up there
I usually have to retune at every race during summer or winter, Very hard for a tune to be the same every weekend or every other weekend. Thats why tracks have practice time to tune the engines.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JBURCH
I usually have to retune at every race during summer or winter, Very hard for a tune to be the same every weekend or every other weekend. Thats why tracks have practice time to tune the engines.

i might once in a blue moon. have to touch the needles on the engine during the spring time, and summer grated,now when its fall time and winter thats a diffrent story.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
well, i understand what you are saying. But doesnt the fricton keep the engine warm??? I have a heat gun. will pre heat it. but is it to cold outside for the eninge to get up to temp. I will run it at 180, not a problem.

I will get up to 55 in the afternoon.

so nitro can only run in warm weather huh? sucks if you live up north or in canada. You will never get to run nitro
we have been clearing snow in CO to be able to run, daily temps around 35, motors seem fine running around 220. what sucks is your fingers freeze while driving!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Richen it up youll be fine. We run a winter series here and it hasnt been over 45 degrees yet for a race. I leave the bottom alone and richen the top up about 2 hours. Let it warm up on the box to about 180 hit the track and it will run 220 plus all day long.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBURCH
What I would have thought they would run in the spring and summer, since its warmer and no snow.....Little did I know

if he took my tip and learned how to make a proper structured sentence...you would have seen that was a question...asking if we race up here in the summer/spring.

Tc5 man ......you see the confusion you put people through.....you dont use question marks or commas....it makes your post near impossible to decipher.

PLEASE Take 5 min and read through this page.

http://www.writingcentre.uottawa.ca/.../sntstrct.html

this is NOT meant as an insult or to poke fun of you...im Genuinely trying to help...Im Not the only one who comment's on your posts.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

whats the best way to heat up the engine once its already running? should i just leave it on the box and slowly rev it? I dont want to hurt the engine but i still want to run during the winter. thanks for the help.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I just drive it around to warm it up (doesn't hurt to leave it on the floor of your vehicle with the heater on!) and you'll be fine. Here's my "winter head".

Old 12-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I am running a winter series right now and last weekend there were 100+ nitro cars all running strong. The temp was 33 in the morening and it got up to about 50. No probs here just preheat your engine. I use an engine warmer from powerhousercperfoemance.com. Heats my engine to 200 and I can leave it on the engine ad long as needed. Genius little device. Just preheat your engine and you are good.