Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaotickc
I know all the springs and shoes fit. I am running 2 losi shoes in my car as we speak. The 2 alum. and 2 carbon is a great feel.
Sweet, thanks
Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PsycoB4
Im not so pleased with this Buggy yet. One day on the track, Broken Front Shock Tower, Leaking Gas Tank, Rear Hub Pin Missing, Clutch bearings done. Not really sure what or where to go about this. Just never had a Issue with my Losi 8. I had it for 2 seasons, and Never broke anything. Just had to replace from slop
How much you want for it???
Old 06-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Originally Posted by gottahaveit77
For anyone that has seen the You Tube video, that must have been a prototype. This version blinks red once every second if hooked up properly... Read the instructions, I even called the company and they said if it blinks red its defective. This is not true. it clearly states that it should blink red in the instructions and it does...... makes me wonder.....ooohhh god... Cost me a 60 mile round trip to have it figured out..... :-(

Looks cool.
i have one also, mine blinks red once every second also, and mine works perfect at the track, 3 events on it with no problems
Old 06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
old salvage - yes kit comes with everything u need..

psycho - how did you break a front shock tower? just curious

skidoos - try leaning the rear shocks in on the tower.. that gives side bite

toro - can i get a picture that is closer tee hee

Chad One race day, and It was new to me so I took it slow, I took the buggy out of the case, and went over her when I got home, saw that the Front shock tower was cracked. where the screw for the shock goes in. I never had a issue or would think 4mm Carbon would break that easy. Didnt even have the buggy more than 1 weekend long.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chad I took the clutch apart and it looked new but it was coated with bearing oil or somthing. I cleaned it with break cleaner and we will see how it works, thanks. As for the car being strong I got pushed off the track st SRS on wednesday and hit the metal fence head on and the car is still good + I let every one of the fast guys run the car, they wanted to see how it was and they put it to the test for a few tanks and the car never gave up and it impressed.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Chad Phillips;7586776]old salvage - yes kit comes with everything u need..

Awesome, thank you
Old 06-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grizz1
We found a problem with the plastic servo screw retainer blocks that the servo screws go into. They have a plastic finger on them that spaces the servo evenly in the cut out, but this plastic finger touches on the servo and means the vibration goes from the radio tray, through these fingers and straight into the servo which can damage the internals.
We cut the fingers off so nothing is touching the servo. Then we super glued the 1mm spacer blocks that the servo's rest on to the radio tray to stop any sliding of the servo's backwards or forwards (thus changing your steering trim etc). Servo's are now completely isolated on their rubber mounts. No servo problems or failures at all. I think it is the vibration from these plastic fingers touching the servos, not the engine heat that is causing the problems.
hai grizz1, may you show little bit of photo...still find out..show me what are you modified?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
How much you want for it???
I didnt know I was selling it????

Just came here to speak with other individuals and racers. Hoping to get a better answer on who and why.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I didnt know I was selling it????

Just came here to speak with other individuals and racers. Hoping to get a better answer on who and why.
Psyco did you use the washer in between the ball end and tower? I would be interested to see the crack.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by underway
Psyco did you use the washer in between the ball end and tower? I would be interested to see the crack.
I will take a photo for you,. Give me a minute. Ill use my 12.1 mp camera.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

WHen you say rear hub pin missing? What pin are you talking about.

Where is the tank leaking from?

And check your mesh and chassis to see if your bell is hitting the chassis. Stock clutch bearing are good enough for atleast 2 race days. Sounds like something else is going on. Alot of damage for a slow day.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First run today.

-Fuel tank leaked even after trying the collars on the tank spring( a tip i haven't tried is to move the collars as close to the lid to put more force to it...i'll try it next time)

-Stock shock setup seems too soft for my liking.Our track is a bit bumpy, rough and hard packed so i think i'll go to 400 all around with 1.4 pistons in the rear to help plant the rear under acceleration.

-I needed a bit more overall steering so i think i'll move the front and rear upper links to the inside holes

-Generally i think the car lags steering through by design

Here is my setup...any suggestions for more steering would be appreciated.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by underway
WHen you say rear hub pin missing? What pin are you talking about.

Where is the tank leaking from?

And check your mesh and chassis to see if your bell is hitting the chassis. Stock clutch bearing are good enough for atleast 2 race days. Sounds like something else is going on. Alot of damage for a slow day.
Indeed. I will be replacing Bearings, Liike I always do. Clutch is not hitting the chassis. Tank is leaking on the side of the Muffler maybe?
Pin Part # 110211
Old 06-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

chris - you dont have enough pack in the rear of your car.. run 1.2mm in rear always with 25-30wt.. 400 is to light.. always run 1.4mm in the front with 35-40wt.. 400 is to light.. you diffs are to light also.. 553, 555, 573, 572 is good.. anything less makes the car do some funky things..
Old 06-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Indeed. I will be replacing Bearings, Liike I always do. Clutch is not hitting the chassis. Tank is leaking on the side of the Muffler maybe?
Pin Part # 110211
Leaking from the CAP or the fuel nipple outlet(that goes to engine)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.