R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/348959-serpent-811-cobra-buggy.html)

sykemike 10-20-2012 02:26 PM

oh dudes, i finally got to drive the cobra today, while tuning the carb. it's so awlsome and smooth. i just stayed low and kept gettig it. no harsh violent movement. this is in the back yard. compared to other vechiles, it wasn't sideways harsh, no front end bobbing up in the air on small bumps. very pleased with car. i wont be able to make race tomorrow, cause no ones racing. soooo just sssoooo totaly alwsome ride.

maniac mechanic 10-20-2012 03:14 PM

That was my same experience when I tried mine out for the first time last spring. :nod:

My CSI shock pistons just showed up in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to see what kind of a difference they make.:cool:

BRIAN77 10-20-2012 05:36 PM

HI guys i understand this isn't a sale forum.....im trying to sell my serpent team edition buggy and i need it sold BEC outdoor season is over and i need money to get things for indoor. if any of u are looking for a good used team edition buggy i have one with maybe 5 runs on it.

i have it for sale under the for sale forum and there are pictures on page two that my friend put up ,,,

thanks and sorry i post this on here,,,,,,BRIAN

Big Will 10-22-2012 12:04 PM

So I believe I now have my front diff shimmed properly. I did not have a shim behind the pinion gear and I removed a shim on the ring gear side. Much smoother and no skipping of gears during hard breaking.

afr0sch 10-22-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by sykemike (Post 11347700)
oh dudes, i finally got to drive the cobra today, while tuning the carb. it's so awlsome and smooth. i just stayed low and kept gettig it. no harsh violent movement. this is in the back yard. compared to other vechiles, it wasn't sideways harsh, no front end bobbing up in the air on small bumps. very pleased with car. i wont be able to make race tomorrow, cause no ones racing. soooo just sssoooo totaly alwsome ride.

Please post your back yard setup.

sykemike 10-22-2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by afr0sch (Post 11355039)
Please post your back yard setup.

yeah dude. this is all version one stuff front 5000, middle 5000, and rear 3000.front 35wt 1.3mm piston stock 6 hole. rear 25wt 1.2 piston stock 6 hole emulsion style.[ i had a cut in the bladder already so i finished both rear bladders in making them into a o-ring]. i bought this buggy used. stock black springs in front, and green losi buggy springs rear. stock hingepin holders. i followed jimbo setup on serpent site for shock pistion, ride height, and camber. used v2 radio tray, and opt 2 steering bar[ackeraman]. my planns are taking it fully 2.0 and then some in the next two months. already ordered bce chassis. oh also proteck lipo battery, highvoltage 7954 hitech servo [throttle], and highvoltage 30102 i believe fast response steering servo. i hope this helps. this is new buggy to me and very different then losi ten-t, or mugen mbx6r. so total alwsome, i'm still excited. can't wait til track time. everybody will call me a tratior or some sh** like that. i don't care. i wanted something i can drive without having to do the drift affect and end up wrecking. i wanna be smooth and on a rail. any how thats my personal opinion on how to win races. have a good day guys.

Eastside777 10-22-2012 07:06 PM

Hey I would like to convert my 811 to a 2.0. Does the conversion kit come with bearings or do you have to get that seperate? While i am rebuilding who has a good set up for the car?

Muggydude 10-22-2012 07:29 PM

It includes bearings (the full conversion, not the bare bones one).

Look on serpents website, Chicky's setup should be a good place to start. My setup will be up there soon, I was happy with it, but didn't get much time to mess with the setup. I think my shocks need work.

Eastside777 10-23-2012 07:07 AM

Hey does anybody have the part numbers for the conversion kit?

071crazy 10-23-2012 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Eastside777 (Post 11358096)

600642 full conversion, 600643 basic.

Eastside777 10-23-2012 10:29 AM

Serpent america is out if stock who else sells the complete conversion?

bigjayjay1 10-23-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Eastside777 (Post 11358907)
Serpent america is out if stock who else sells the complete conversion?

If you go to the serpent 2.0 thread a few pages back from current there was a guy that owns a hobby store he had some priced nicely.

Dr. Evil 10-24-2012 06:55 PM

Serpent 811 suspension issue

Sooo..

Good evenng ladys and gents.

I have a question regarding binding in the suspension.

I have an 811 1.0 and the suspension is bound up from the sway bars wherre they connect to the arms. The problem is when the nuts on the arms are tightened, the suspension doesn't move. Keeping them loose to me I think will loose a part.

Any thoughts on the subject??

I have added a little oil there to try to make the swaybar balls move freely but, still seems stilff.

also, This buggy has never been run..

Dr. Evil 10-24-2012 07:10 PM

shock fluid

Question. What is a good setup for this buggy

what shock fluid are most people using.

Thanks

pballer2777 10-24-2012 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Eastside777 (Post 11358096)

mine are alittle loose and i never had one come out. its been abot a yr an half now.