Search

Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
What's everyone running for engines?

Buddy of mine is trying to convince me to try and Alpha, but I've always run Novarossi or RB.
I'm using a JP Dirt and really like it. If you are interested let me know.

Paul
Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
I'm using a JP Dirt and really like it. If you are interested let me know.

Paul
I have been wanting to try one of the Gi-Mar engines, I know Tosolini has run one some, seems to be really good.

I run a Mike Truhe Edition Orion usually, but also have run RB Killer 9, Go GX5r, Werkz B6, all great engines, just keep going back to the orion
Old 07-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Losi steel flywheel question?

Can you us the stock 16T Serpent clutch bell with the losi flywheel?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wouterb
I'm in this hobby almost 15 years and your post I think is complete b*llsh*t. I've had Kyosho's, SVM Crono's, Hotbodies D8 and now I have a S811. I also am racing electric off-road and have a B4 and a B44, so I think I have some experience also.... There's no car (commercially available) that could not have been better. But I'm very happy with the performance of my S811! I also know that Xray had some problems with their 808 and you say the Losi Eight is of a better quality????
Xray may have one problem butt not servo fuel tanck bearings shock tower body and some others!!! What about Mugen RC8B? I did not say enything for the car he mait a nice job i set for the quality
Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Topmike 10
Xray may have one problem butt not servo fuel tanck bearings shock tower body and some others!!! What about Mugen RC8B? I did not say enything for the car he mait a nice job i set for the quality
i have just over 2 gallons on mine and havent broke nothing, i dont have servo issues, i dont have shock tower problems i dont have tank problems, i was one of the first to get one, i can even take pix of my car and u can see all parts have equal wear, the qualioty is there, but not too sure who can make parts out of gold for u, bc losi and rc8 and even mugen has issues, they all have, unfortunately serpent guys havin them too, but not me and my bls servo is over 2 years old which is on throttle
Old 07-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Topmike 10
oh forgot and for losi, worst customer support, my truggy had all screws stripped from factory in the plastic, finally got through to losi and complained enough they would send me parts, well its been a year and still waitin, i think i be in my grave before i ever get those parts haha
Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone tried a different tank on it?
Don't tell me to use the stock one...thank you.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vti-chris
Anyone tried a different tank on it?
Don't tell me to use the stock one...thank you.
me not.. still the stock one.
if i may know, what happen to yours?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

A few others have leaks everywhere...broken mounting ears...mine looks fine but when on a bumpy track it seams to leak-pressure somehow and i get unexpected flame outs to all of my engines.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

A few others have leaks everywhere...broken mounting ears...mine looks fine but when on a bumpy track it seams to leak-pressure somehow and i get unexpected flame outs to all of my engines.
wow, I have never seen one person have so many issues...

when screwing down the tank you dont crank on the screws. just tighten them until you see gromments slightly expand. also use the collets on the tank. I do... Still on my first tank
Old 07-29-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Chad these are good tips for beginners...i'm way past that point.
Not only do i use collars i use those from the associated which are bigger in diameter...plus i use those plastic servo mounts that go under the servo ears so that the collars seat on it and don't dig on the tank. This way i have collars(large) plus the plastic insert.
Something is still wrong.
I have a brand new engine and everytime i start it for qualifiers or semis i need to tune. And by tune i don't mean just 1/8th of a turn, we are talking 1 turn idle and 1/4th LSN-HSN.
Something-pressure is not consistent on the tank.

Also note that the same thing happened on 2 of my engines plus 2-3 other people with serpent 811.
Those guys also use D8 tank springs which are harder and are still having tuning problems plus leaks from the lid.
Our tracks are bumpy and hard...not sponge-soft baby tracks like yours!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Think some drivers are missing the point most generation cars have issues and these are really sorted out once they hit the tracks.
Most companies test their products to a point but there are so many combinations’ not everything can be tested and debugged.
I have not got a serpent but have run some generation 1 cars in the past what I have found is most people share their ideas and help develop the car and become part of the team.
There was throttle servo issues on the losi mark 1 and this was addressed I am sure that all these issue will be resolved but it takes time.
Chill out and resolve the issue who knows your mod may be on the next batch of kits.
Jim
Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Jimmy-Jimbo...i never said they won't fix it...at least this is what i believe.
I said i want to try another tank.
I know they suggest to use those collars...yes they know the problem...there is a problem...where is the weird thing here.
Mine is not fixed...LHS hasn't received updated tanks or springs yet.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Jimmy-Jimbo...i never said they won't fix it...at least this is what i believe.
I said i want to try another tank.
I know they suggest to use those collars...yes they know the problem...there is a problem...where is the weird thing here.
Mine is not fixed...LHS hasn't received updated tanks or springs yet.
don't know of anyone running this kit in uk we run herts nitro and have not seen any yet.
waiting to see one go to see if it is any good.
jim
Old 07-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jimbo-t
Think some drivers are missing the point most generation cars have issues and these are really sorted out once they hit the tracks.
Most companies test their products to a point but there are so many combinations’ not everything can be tested and debugged.
I have not got a serpent but have run some generation 1 cars in the past what I have found is most people share their ideas and help develop the car and become part of the team.
There was throttle servo issues on the losi mark 1 and this was addressed I am sure that all these issue will be resolved but it takes time.
Chill out and resolve the issue who knows your mod may be on the next batch of kits.
Jim
Jim the other companys are not testing it for 2years!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.