Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

How do you guys like the car so far?
Old 07-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

IMHO droop is not measurable by shock length. Droop is the amount of suspension travel between ride height and when the suspension is completly unloaded (wheels off the ground).

If I measure shock length at 100mm and right height at 30mm, when I lift the car of the table it will travel X amount. If I then raise my ride height to 40mm and keep the same shock length I will loose droop because when I lift the car off the table the suspension will travel less. If I lower my ride height my droop of course will then increase.

Having said all that I do it like everyone else and just measure my shocks, but I wish there was a simple to measure "real" droop.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
How do you guys like the car so far?
I tell every one in Arizona that the car sucks and they should get a Losi, but that is because I want to be the only one at the track with a unfair advantage. The car is good.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
I tell every one in Arizona that the car sucks and they should get a Losi, but that is because I want to be the only one at the track with a unfair advantage. The car is good.
like me too.. the only one ... but since im selling it.. i cannot afford to say that..

I love the buggy very much.. it's shiny all the time
Old 07-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default servo

has any one here got a solution for the throtle servo failures?? we are all here experiencing same problems.. the car is awsome.. even BETTER than my mbx6. unfortunately it keeps on frying throtle servos.. any solutios here? likage setups? end piont adjudtment? vibrations? or the heat comming from the engine is the cause? hope this thing will be resolved.. i really like the car..
Old 07-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i got this info that it's proven not the heat causing all those servo failure .. it's either the vibration or the EPA on the brake linkage.
  1. servo smaller than the upperdeck servo hole location is better. the servo only touches the chassis thru the grommet only.. hanging by the 4 screws. im not sure my english correct on this.. but make sure the chassis does not touch the servo. dremel out if any.
  2. brake linkage adjustment. use a few mm of fuel tube before the stopper and arm. adjust EPA on the radio so not overextend.

mine still ok even after many tanks non-stop and the servo quite hot. my EPA on the brake IS ONLY 18-20 .. Futaba 4PK.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Plates for more anti-squat?
There coming soon. It's in the works already.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
i got this info that it's proven not the heat causing all those servo failure .. it's either the vibration or the EPA on the brake linkage.
  1. servo smaller than the upperdeck servo hole location is better. the servo only touches the chassis thru the grommet only.. hanging by the 4 screws. im not sure my english correct on this.. but make sure the chassis does not touch the servo. dremel out if any.
  2. brake linkage adjustment. use a few mm of fuel tube before the stopper and arm. adjust EPA on the radio so not overextend.

mine still ok even after many tanks non-stop and the servo quite hot. my EPA on the brake IS ONLY 18-20 .. Futaba 4PK.
thanks for the info... the latest that i have done is making sure the servo dont vibrate with the radio tray. instead of the plastic plate included, i replaced it with rubber even the plastic fingers underneath to prevent the servo from moving back and fort. replaced it also with ribber.and made sure the servo hole big enough not to touch the servo. unfortunately.. i havent tested it at the tracks
Old 07-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ICE_man
thanks for the info... the latest that i have done is making sure the servo dont vibrate with the radio tray. instead of the plastic plate included, i replaced it with rubber even the plastic fingers underneath to prevent the servo from moving back and fort. replaced it also with ribber.and made sure the servo hole big enough not to touch the servo. unfortunately.. i havent tested it at the tracks
I believe the plastic fingers on the screw retainers are causing a lot of the problems due to vibration passing through those from the radio plate and into the servo. Vibration will kill any servo pretty quickly.
We have superglued the 1mm plastic spacers to the radio tray so the servo doesn't move backwards and forwards (which was the purpose of the fingers, which we have cut off the retainer blocks). Servo's sit centred and not touching anything, and are isolated from the tray by the mounting grommets. Using 2 year old ACE 1015's that have already had a hard racing life in my X-Ray and no problems with them yet.
Totally agree with a fuel tubing or spring buffer on the brake linkage, plus minimum EPA required for things to work properly.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gottahaveit77
Which spacer are you guys using to lock down your Hitec 7955's, 7950's? 1,2, or 3 to keep them from sliding back and forth?
Nobody running Hitec's?
Old 07-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

I have one of the first kits and have been racing it for weeks and I haven't had a single servo issue with JR 9100 T's I am knocking on wood as we speak.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
That's why I am happy you will be going with the GAMA car .
Old 07-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We have been running JR HVS servos for several weeks now with no issues.
Derek coming from the Losi Team we have seen and heard every reason for the cars killing servos. It is very simple, Keep the servos free floating, Derek's servos are mounted with the mounting screws quite loose, enough that they actually move side to side at full throw. Be sure the throttle servo has about 2 or 3 mm of throw left at full throttle for chassis flex and be sure the servos are off the chassis. I have seen many drivers Team and non Team drivers loose 4 to 6 servos in a 3 or 4 day big race and EVERY ONE of them were and still are mounting their servos solid with no grommets. The believe that the servo moving in the tray effects the servo's performance in some way but if you set your epas correctly that is false. I have been mounting Derek's servos this way for almost 3 years in the Losi and now the 811 and we have never had a servo die.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gottahaveit77
Nobody running Hitec's?
ihave hi tech on steering and futaba bls on throttle, and no issues here, like i said, for futuba users on throttle shim the servo up so the bottom of the chassis doesnt hit the servo, i noticed that on mine , fuel tubing on brake and make sure all ur linkages are smooth, make sure u dont have a sticky carb
Old 07-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dally g was flying with his serpent yesterday. It looked good when he pushed me out of the way and then proceeded to dissapear into the distance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.